FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   American Express personal Platinum (USA) metal card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1832899-american-express-personal-platinum-usa-metal-card.html)

haddon90 Mar 31, 2017 11:44 am

i called at 1030am ET yesterday and requested via the automated system. fingers crossed. delivery date 4/4.

ultrasoul Mar 31, 2017 11:55 am

Originally Posted by haddon90 (Post 28111951)
i called at 1030am ET yesterday and requested via the automated system. fingers crossed. delivery date 4/4.

no metal love for business plat cards :( at least our annual fees arent increasing ^

JMWEEZ Mar 31, 2017 11:56 am

I ordered contactless cards last week, still haven't received them, but went ahead and ordered metal cards. I'm a sucker for new, shiny things.

elkhornne Mar 31, 2017 12:01 pm

I was just told by a Rep that all who called in yesterday and was told they'd have the cards today will not get them. I said I wanted to cancel my card and was told by the retention department it would be here tomorrow. I really doubt it, but will give them 24 hours.

OneHourPhoto Mar 31, 2017 12:10 pm

I guess that I am missing the desperate urgency to get the metal card

LondonElite Mar 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Is this only in the US or will it be rolled out internationally?

sriegert Mar 31, 2017 12:43 pm

requested 3/30 online card replacement option
selected UPS next day ETA 4/1

apparently they added this third shipping option as initially i only saw two

hyperzulu Mar 31, 2017 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto (Post 28112066)

Water cooler talk :rolleyes:

elkhornne Mar 31, 2017 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto (Post 28112066)

Mine is a replacement card. I don't care what it is made of. I'm leaving on a trip very soon and it was guaranteed to be delivered before I left. Now it's not.

dw Mar 31, 2017 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by elkhornne (Post 28112027)
I was just told by a Rep that all who called in yesterday and was told they'd have the cards today will not get them. I said I wanted to cancel my card and was told by the retention department it would be here tomorrow. I really doubt it, but will give them 24 hours.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that you wanted to cancel the replacement? Not the actual card account?

sriegert Mar 31, 2017 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by elkhornne (Post 28112483)
Mine is a replacement card. I don't care what it is made of. I'm leaving on a trip very soon and it was guaranteed to be delivered before I left. Now it's not.

I find AMEX to over-promise on card replacement delivery dates.

Sintaku Mar 31, 2017 1:50 pm

I ordered the card online (didn't say metal replacement - I assume because I have contactless). I then called in today because UPS was still waiting for my package from amex (even though delivery is today) and was told I would be getting a Metal Card with contactless and that they have over 200k cards ordered with their capacity only being 30k a day, they anticipate it will take about 2 weeks to fulfill them.

I would be surprised if I got a metal contactless card (but here is hoping)...

Wow, calling from the app was near instant and didn't even require any authentication.

I'm actually really liking the faster pickup and response times for amex now. Loving the app as well.

TJMAC Mar 31, 2017 1:54 pm

I applied for Plat and was accepted at 3pm Pacific time yesterday. I'm curious to see how quickly it arrives. By all means I'm not frothing at the mouth to receive it, but I think it's funny that when I applied for my PRG last year at 4pm Pacific time, the card was in my hand at 10:30am the next morning. I understand that there is high demand for the new card and applying the day it was released might delay delivery. I haven't received a shipping email yet. Oh well!

Troopers Mar 31, 2017 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sintaku (Post 28112543)
...and was told I would be getting a Metal Card with contactless and that they have over 200k cards ordered with their capacity only being 30k a day, they anticipate it will take about 2 weeks to fulfill them.

This thread would you lead to believe nominal interest in a metal card.

mia Mar 31, 2017 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sintaku (Post 28112543)
I would be surprised if I got a metal contactless card (but here is hoping)...

I suspect many CSR's do not know the difference between EMV and Contactless. When asking for a replacement card with Contactless I am careful not to use the word "chip".