Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX referral emails not delivered or offer already expired.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX referral emails not delivered or offer already expired.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Thumbs down AMEX referral emails not delivered or offer already expired.

I had a member initiate a referral for me a week ago, for an AMEX card, and it hasn't arrived yet. Anyone else experiencing long delays? This happens frequently with Chase too. You'd think that processing these referral links would be a top priority.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:35 pm

Amex referrals have always been instantaneous for me. I would ask your friend to re-send the referral.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LWT3
Amex referrals have always been instantaneous for me. I would ask your friend to re-send the referral.
He did resend but to a diff. email and that never arrived either. Then I asked a 2nd person for a similar AMEX referral 3 days ago and that hasn't arrived either. Also not in SPAM folder. Hmm..
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I've had problems before too. Amex suggested that it might be because the referee has chosen not to receive mail from Amex.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I've had problems before too. Amex suggested that it might be because the referee has chosen not to receive mail from Amex.
Thanks. I'll ck our settings. One of the email addresses I used has never been linked to any Amex acct.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Used numerous emails and none of the referrals links have been received by us.
Sad.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:36 pm

Delta Business Plat 50k/1k with 10k refferal is back!....But it doesn't work....

Its baffles me that such a massive company can be so incompetent

If you have a delta business platinum card and you visit the refer a friend page (https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...f/200587-MIXED)

You will see the option:

And the email will send successfully, but when the person you are trying to refer clicks "apply now" in the email, they get this:

Is this a sick joke?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by margarita girl
This was the case when a referral from my friend didn't show up. I had him send the link to a different e-mail address and it came through in minutes. The link worked for both him and I even though when I linked the approval to my Amex account it was the e-mail address that hadn't worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.