Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website or Account issue [UK bonus spend tracker]?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Website or Account issue [UK bonus spend tracker]?

Hi,
Not sure if this is a generic Amex website problem or something connected to my account so posting a new thread rather than add to the website problem one but Mods please do move if it's more suitable there.

I signed up for an Amex Gold card in mid January with a bonus offer of 20000 points for a £2,000 spend.Spent £2400 by the 15th February, haven't spent on it since. The 20000 referral bonus hasn't posted as yet. Emailed Amex and they say that I have met the spend requirements for the bonus but it takes 28 days to post from hitting the spend (which I don't remember being the case before but I guess it could be new)

However, on the front page of my account, it still says spend £339 by the 22nd April to trigger your 20000 bonus, even though I've spent well over the £2000 needed.

Anyone else had this issue? Amex said it will post in 28 days but it slightly concerns me that the account seems to think I still have more money due to spend!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Hmmm the bonus usually hits my accounts within a few days. It is quite rare to have it take that long. Are you sure you've hit £2000 of qualifying spend? Somethings don't count (cash advances for example) and the automatic tracker is really accurate as well.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ppang
Hmmm the bonus usually hits my accounts within a few days. It is quite rare to have it take that long. Are you sure you've hit £2000 of qualifying spend? Somethings don't count (cash advances for example) and the automatic tracker is really accurate as well.
Yes that was my concern, in the past the tracker has always been accurate and the points have posted quickly. I've gone through my spend and can't see anything at all that would not be eligible spending. I'll get in touch with Amex again and see if they know what's going on...
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA IHG
I'm seeing a similar issue. The MR points for transaction that took me over the £2000 spend have posted, but no sign of the 20000 bonus points. Previously the bonus always posted with the actual transaction that took me over the spend threshold.

hmmm, hopefully it's just a system error - and not because I previously had a Gold card (I had a more than 6 more break in-between).

The spend tracker has also completely disappeared. Was there until about a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Has anyone had their spend tracker reappear?

Noticed mine has gone missing in the last 48 hours or so.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Lawro
Has anyone had their spend tracker reappear?

Noticed mine has gone missing in the last 48 hours or so.
The tracker on my Gold card & BA AMEX are still missing. Have been gone a number of weeks now.

I did however receive my 20k Gold sign up points after hitting the qualifying spend. These arrived about 7 days after the qualifying transactions (where as previously they used to post with the qualifying transaction).
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
No issue with the tracker on my Amex Gold (the £15,000 tracker) or my BA Amex.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
Hello, hoping someone can help, as I have a similar issue..

Had my UK Amex gold for a month now. I have both the welcome bonus tracker (£2000) and the renewal bonus tracker (£15000).

I have spent £1400 in the first month, which is showing on the renewal bonus tracker.
However the welcome bonus tracker is saying I have only spent £700.

Is there different criteria for eligible spend on the 2 bonuses?

Thank you.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No, shouldn't be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.