FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   HELP. Can't reallocate CL months after FR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1822129-help-cant-reallocate-cl-months-after-fr.html)

Rommie2k6 Feb 14, 2017 7:17 am

HELP. Can't reallocate CL months after FR

I survived AMEX FR from Aug last year.

Results of the FR, both of my charge cards got limits imposed, CL reduced on my Business card.

I've been trying for like the UMPTEENTH time to reallocate CL from my other AMEX cards to my Business cards.

First those jerks said they could not increase the CL on my Business card 90 days from its reduction. It's not an increase, it's an reallocation! Ok fine...

Then after 90 days, those jerks said they could not reallocate to my Business card because I have limits on my charge cards, which is totally unrelated.

I am transferring from a very old AMEX Blue Cash personal card to my business card. Both cards have been open for more than 13 cycles, so it's not one of the technical snags.

Does anyone have any advice?! Thanks!!!!

RichardInSF Feb 14, 2017 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 (Post 27907392)
I survived AMEX FR from Aug last year.

Results of the FR, both of my charge cards got limits imposed, CL reduced on my Business card.

I've been trying for like the UMPTEENTH time to reallocate CL from my other AMEX cards to my Business cards.

First those jerks said they could not increase the CL on my Business card 90 days from its reduction. It's not an increase, it's an reallocation! Ok fine...

Then after 90 days, those jerks said they could not reallocate to my Business card because I have limits on my charge cards, which is totally unrelated.

I am transferring from a very old AMEX Blue Cash personal card to my business card. Both cards have been open for more than 13 cycles, so it's not one of the technical snags.

Does anyone have any advice?! Thanks!!!!

It took me a while to figure out that CL was short for "credit limit" and FR meant "financial review." Guess that means I am not enough of an expert to provide you with much help.

Still it strikes me that if you approach Amex with the implied attitude that they are all jerks, your attitude will surely come across and may well make them less willing to help.

Rommie2k6 Feb 14, 2017 8:25 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 27907709)
It took me a while to figure out that CL was short for "credit limit" and FR meant "financial review." Guess that means I am not enough of an expert to provide you with much help.

Still it strikes me that if you approach Amex with the implied attitude that they are all jerks, your attitude will surely come across and may well make them less willing to help.

No offense, but if you can't figure out what CL or FR means, then you are really not qualified to comment here right? So in my nicest tone possible, since I've wasted AN HOUR with AMEX on the phone, and am not exactly in the best of mood... please move along.

nrr Feb 14, 2017 2:16 pm

CL could easily stand for CENTURION LOUNGE (discussed in several threads) and FR FRANKFURT. Initially I thought you were trying to locate AMEXs Centurion Lounge in Frankfurt...I don't think there is one.:rolleyes:

4aks Feb 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Is the business acct for a sole proprietorship or independent LLC ?