Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex UK 6 months between two cards account to get the bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Hello,
I would like to know where i can find the exact date i called to close my account ? To me it was arround the 16th of August last year, but i see that my last statement is on the 27th of August.

Which date is taken into account for the 6 months period ? the date i called to cancel my card or the last statement date ?

Thank you for your help
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
I would have thought the day (or day after) you called to cancel is when they would have processed the cancellation. It is possible they sent you a final statement of account that wasn't a reflection of an active account as such.

To be honest the easiest way to ascertain the exact date is to ring them and ask. You can just say you are trying to ensure you have the correct date for your records.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:18 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Originally Posted by Lawro
I would have thought the day (or day after) you called to cancel is when they would have processed the cancellation. It is possible they sent you a final statement of account that wasn't a reflection of an active account as such.

To be honest the easiest way to ascertain the exact date is to ring them and ask. You can just say you are trying to ensure you have the correct date for your records.
Yep. I've just opened a Gold account again and did both things mentioned above:

- The day after I called to cancel was the day I applied
- If you phone them and ask when you can apply for XYZ card again in order to qualify for the bonus, they will work it out for you there and then over the phone.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rum
Yep. I've just opened a Gold account again and did both things mentioned above:

- The day after I called to cancel was the day I applied
- If you phone them and ask when you can apply for XYZ card again in order to qualify for the bonus, they will work it out for you there and then over the phone.
I don't know why you would advertise the fact that you would like the date you will be eligible for the bonus again-and are waiting until then to reapply. Surely if churning is your thing, drawing any unnecessary attention to yourself is unwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.