Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
The new AMEX Centurion Lounge @ HKG is located at the previous VS lounge, adjacent to United Club. The Centurion Lounge HKG is designed by Legend Interiors, who is also responsible for QA lounges and the recent CX lounges renovation at HKG. The lounge is operated by Plaza Premium Lounge.

Lounge Review:

Apple Daily (With Video) - Chinese

Australian Business Traveller - English

U Weekly by HKET - Credit to leokungkin - Chinese
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by percysmith
Won't stop people asking and feeling offended (product of Amex's marketing for the "Platinum" (credit) card).
The wondering will stop automatically once they know the AF of the cards in Hong Kong.

Originally Posted by lorinsersport
That CS also told me, unlike the Centurion Lounges in the States, you can't even pay US$50 to get in this one in HK... not sure how reliable this information is though.
While I am skeptical, it is possible, given the price charged by PPL.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
It would be a completely different setup than all other Centurion Lounges if operated as you claim above.

Color me skeptical.

And welcome to FT lorinsersport.
The Buenos Aires and Mexico City Centurion clubs have separate areas for Centurion card holders. Of the USA clubs, I've only been to the one in DFW, it seemed that the whole club was accessible to Platinum card holders, though.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
The Buenos Aires and Mexico City Centurion clubs have separate areas for Centurion card holders. Of the USA clubs, I've only been to the one in DFW, it seemed that the whole club was accessible to Platinum card holders, though.
To date all AMEX lounges outside of the US have been under the International American Express Lounges, not Centurion Lounge, heading. Of the 7 US lounges, the only ones they currently list as being Centurion Lounges, I've been to all but SEA and MIA and there is no segregation.

https://www298.americanexpress.com/b...#/loungefinder

With the opening on Monday this will be the first international lounge under the Centurion heading.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: CX D, AF P, AA EP, UA G, Hilton D, Marriott Ti, IHG Plat
There will be a separate Centurion cardholder area; however, it looks like this will just be an area with dedicated member services professionals. I will be passing through HKG on Wednesday and will stop into the Centurion lounge in order to provide you all with an update.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:14 am

Review is already out (in Chinese) - http://travel.ulifestyle.com.hk/Deta...YhEtA3AMLg&p=2

According to the review, addition guests (beyond the 2 complimentary) of Plat and Cent card-holders can enter for $50 USD, but not for other AMEX card-holders!
The Centurion only area features michelin-star a la carte menu.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by leokungkin
Review is already out (in Chinese) - http://travel.ulifestyle.com.hk/Deta...YhEtA3AMLg&p=2

According to the review, addition guests (beyond the 2 complimentary) of Plat and Cent card-holders can enter for $50 USD, but not for other AMEX card-holders!
Ah, Google Translate.

The most authentic, whether it is American Express Platinum Card and Centurion card can be buried with friends and relatives free of charge into the leisurely sigh.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Ooooo jungle style!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Wiki has been updated for the latest lounge reviews.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Nice. Got a trip in early November on CX F. Guess I'm going to have to head to HKG several hours prior to departure to lounge hop.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leokungkin
Interesting. This is over and above what the other Centurion lounges offer for Cent card holders without limiting what Plat card holders have come to expect.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge is open!!

There are 12 2-top tables and 4 low slung round 4 tops tables. 8 bar stools and another bar top area with about 6 seats.

Breakfast spread is decent. Fantastic bar. Showers aren't yet working (at least they aren't now and I'll need to head to the UA lounge for that).

Space-wise it is might be on par with the SF bar area. It's definitely larger than the LGA bar area.

If time I'll post pics prior to my flight.
Hottub Cowboy likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:28 pm

Do you know what the operating hours are? I'll be transiting HKG around 9pm tonight.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lorinsersport
Correct. Only Platinum Charge and Centurion Card members will be able to get in. So I agree with you that there will be some unhappy Platinum Credit and Gold Charge card members.

That CS also told me, unlike the Centurion Lounges in the States, you can't even pay US$50 to get in this one in HK... not sure how reliable this information is though.
They stopped that in the US as well, you have to have a Plat or centurion card to enter or be a guest of someone who does.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Alaska MVP, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
They stopped that in the US as well, you have to have a Plat or centurion card to enter or be a guest of someone who does.
My Amex app tells me I have access to the lounge. Can anyone confirm if US personal plat have access?

Last edited by shkotz; Oct 1, 2017 at 10:38 pm Reason: spell error
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by shkotz
My Amex app tells me I have access to the lounge. Can anyone confirm if US personal plat have access?
as long as its an american express issued platinum charge card or centurion card, it doesn't matter which country its issued from. you will have access to the centurion lounges in the US and HK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.