Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
The new AMEX Centurion Lounge @ HKG is located at the previous VS lounge, adjacent to United Club. The Centurion Lounge HKG is designed by Legend Interiors, who is also responsible for QA lounges and the recent CX lounges renovation at HKG. The lounge is operated by Plaza Premium Lounge.

Lounge Review:

Apple Daily (With Video) - Chinese

Australian Business Traveller - English

U Weekly by HKET - Credit to leokungkin - Chinese
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
As garykung indicated, the yolk is the concern. If the product is labelled as having a yolk, they may crack the mooncake open to see if it is thoroughly cooked. Mooncake labelled has not having yolk should be released without further inspection.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by seawolf
If the product is labelled as having a yolk, they may crack the mooncake open to see if it is thoroughly cooked. Mooncake labelled has not having yolk should be released without further inspection.
To supplement - just because they are available for sale in the U.S. does not mean CBP will let you through. As a fact, some foreign products are specially made to meet the U.S. standard.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:43 am

I visited the lounge today, and they have stopped giving out the moon cake already.

As per many of the comments above, food was solid and it has probably the best equipped bar at HKIA. The overall atmosphere was better than the CX business lounge, in my opinion. I was here around 10:30am, and about 1/3 of the seats were taken already. Not sure if it would run into overcrowding issue like many of the US ones.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by lorinsersport
Not sure if it would run into overcrowding issue like many of the US ones.
Not anymore as the Centurion Lounge stops allowing non-Centurion/Platinum Cardmembers to get access (guesting is still allowed).
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Wil lhave a quick look between First CX JFL-HKG before CX C HKG-MEL but to be honest looks like the other crappy Centurion Lounges Been to SFO LAS LGA several times each and they are like supermarket cafeterias!!!! At SFO only for a shower (one shower!!!!!!!) on a flight back to NYC after a daytrip to SFO Me tinks CX First Lounges are infinitely better as are the SQ First Lounge UA Global First Lounge and even TG First Lounge at HKG This looks like a revamped Plaza Lounge with the total cafeteria refectory supermarket eatery effect!!!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cbourl
Wil lhave a quick look between First CX JFL-HKG before CX C HKG-MEL but to be honest looks like the other crappy Centurion Lounges Been to SFO LAS LGA several times each and they are like supermarket cafeterias!!!! At SFO only for a shower (one shower!!!!!!!) on a flight back to NYC after a daytrip to SFO Me tinks CX First Lounges are infinitely better as are the SQ First Lounge UA Global First Lounge and even TG First Lounge at HKG This looks like a revamped Plaza Lounge with the total cafeteria refectory supermarket eatery effect!!!
Crappy lounges? What are you expecting? They are a huge step up from most US domestic lounges. Better quality drinks than any lounges I've been to (including SQ first and private room). I suggest just sitting at the gate to make more room for me and my guests!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The Amex lounge bars (all of them) are superior to any of the lounges you mention excepted for champagne. I've only been to LGA and HKG lounges during breakfast time and I'm not a fan of the food spread, but DFW, IAH and SFO during other times of the day has decent enough food for me. The wait for showers can be troublesome but that's not unheard of for many lounges.

Rating UA GFL higher is odd (unless things have changed in the last couple of years) and while TG has their cabanas and massage allowance I don't find the food or bar inviting.

To each their own.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by kar don
Crappy lounges? What are you expecting? They are a huge step up from most US domestic lounges. Better quality drinks than any lounges I've been to (including SQ first and private room). I suggest just sitting at the gate to make more room for me and my guests!
Sorry when Im flying First or Business Ill be lounge hopping! I just don't like overcrowded lounges full of people who have been guested in Comparing a US carrier's lounge at another airport isn't fair -we know US lounges are very basic Ive only had drinks at US Centurion lounges and they are bad! SQ First Lounges HKG MEL SYD have good self service champagne and the Private Room at SIN at least had Heidsieck Blance des Millianeres 1995!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
The Amex lounge bars (all of them) are superior to any of the lounges you mention excepted for champagne. I've only been to LGA and HKG lounges during breakfast time and I'm not a fan of the food spread, but DFW, IAH and SFO during other times of the day has decent enough food for me. The wait for showers can be troublesome but that's not unheard of for many lounges.

Rating UA GFL higher is odd (unless things have changed in the last couple of years) and while TG has their cabanas and massage allowance I don't find the food or bar inviting.

To each their own.
Sorry I beg to differ Amex Lounges are not Lufthansa First Lounges or First Terminal and certainly not Swiss First Lounge at E Gates or even A Gates!
At least HKG GFL is almost empty or empty every time Ive, been in food is alacarte and acceptable and definitely not full of the masses!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Sorry when Im flying First or Business Ill be lounge hopping! I just don't like overcrowded lounges full of people who have been guested in Comparing a US carrier's lounge at another airport isn't fair -we know US lounges are very basic Ive only had drinks at US Centurion lounges and they are bad! SQ First Lounges HKG MEL SYD have good self service champagne and the Private Room at SIN at least had Heidsieck Blance des Millianeres 1995!
Hop away and get your freebies, no worse than guests (that also have platinum cards). Funny how you belittle people about guesting people into lounges. The Private room in SIN is very underwhelming, not sure why you keep referring to it as GOAT.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Sorry I beg to differ Amex Lounges are not Lufthansa First Lounges or First Terminal and certainly not Swiss First Lounge at E Gates or even A Gates!
Nobody ever claimed they were?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by kar don
Hop away and get your freebies, no worse than guests (that also have platinum cards). Funny how you belittle people about guesting people into lounges. The Private room in SIN is very underwhelming, not sure why you keep referring to it as GOAT.
Never referred to the Private Room as great - its just better because less people In fact when you compare it to CX LX LH F lounges it sits there with the UA GFL lounges But still superior to supermarket style AMEX lounges
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Let's talk about this brand new lounge instead of others, please.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by garykung
Not anymore as the Centurion Lounge stops allowing non-Centurion/Platinum Cardmembers to get access (guesting is still allowed).
Just to be clear, is this lounge in HKG open to other AMEX card holders (other than the Centurion/Platinum card) for a fee?

I hear the policy has been changed to deny entry to other AMEX card holders in the US lounges.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:07 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Just to be clear, is this lounge in HKG open to other AMEX card holders (other than the Centurion/Platinum card) for a fee?
No. The policy is the same as at USA Centurion lounges. You must present a Centurion or Platinum charge card, or be the guest of someone who presents one of those cards.
Alawyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.