Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Location is in A-West:

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
ORD is only about 15% busier than DFW.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
I haven't had the pleasure to visit a Centurion lounge. I am spending a night at PHL next Friday 2/17 so it looks like I'm going to miss an opportunity for my first visit by a few months. Certainly looking forward to enjoying a good lounge experience. Best of luck to all.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Odd choice for a lounge (vs. DEN, ORD, IAD, IAH, ATL, ...). In my last 400 flights I've been to PHL twice so this isn't going to be incentive for me to keep the card.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:05 am

Smile

Is PHL connected airside? Can passengers traveling on UA/DL (Terminal D?) get to this without re-clearing security?
As many people do not like PHL, this is one of the reasons why I like it so much. I am beyond thrilled a Centurion Lounge is coming! Can't wait to experience it.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
This is bad news for Vino Volo.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Crazy!

Didn't expect PHL to be on the short list.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by scentcrazy
As many people do not like PHL,... .
How many is "Many", 3, 4, 100s, or ? Just curious where the "many" have posted their dislike for PHL. Is it on some online survey? Regardless, I really don't see what liking, or disliking an airport has to do with a business decision to install a Centurion Lounge. If that was the case JFK, LAX, ORD and x would have zero lounges.

Last edited by perseus11; Mar 17, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bldr1k
Odd choice for a lounge (vs. DEN, ORD, IAD, IAH, ATL, ...). In my last 400 flights I've been to PHL twice so this isn't going to be incentive for me to keep the card.
I don't find it that odd. They clearly are going after UA and AA hubs (and avoiding DL hubs since Plats have SkyClub access) and despite the dump that is PHL it remains a major AA hub and major TATL connecting point.

Plus, IAH already has one, ATL isn't going to happen with all the SCs, I agree DEN would be great but perhaps the traffic level isn't there, ORD is the biggest one missing but where do you put it - the AA or the UA terminals?, and IAD strikes me as a space issue
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
It's in the top 25 busiest U.S. airports. Therefore, it is not an odd choice. Amex will put lounges in as many of the top 25 as is feasible. Of course they will target AA and UA.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA1K
i like PHL. i would love for them to put one in DEN.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by beckoa
Crazy!

Didn't expect PHL to be on the short list.
I think you are missing the large number of Amex cardmembers in PHL. Maybe people are not connecting through PHL, but PHL is a big market.

I suspect that was the reason Amex added US Airways lounges to the network a few years ago. Once that was gone with the merger, PHL cardmembers were left was without lounge access (unless you fly Delta, which I started to once AA spiraled down).

So I'm really happy that it's coming to PHL, but I do question it's location. It's in the far west end of the airport. Couldn't they have located a bit closer to B/C/D?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:32 pm

PHL Centurion Lounge Progress

Flying through PHL in mid and late July. Any chance the new PHL Centurion Lounge will be open by then?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
Flying through PHL in mid and late July. Any chance the new PHL Centurion Lounge will be open by then?
Given that it says August, and July is before august, and I've never known a project like this to finish early! I'd say zero chance!

I was in PHL last week and the area above the BA lounge is covered up. I'll be there again sunday and I'll take another look!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:39 am

Given that work in PHL typically takes longer than anticipated, I'd say very unlikely.

As for the location, I really don't think there are many places for an airside lounge in A-east/B/C. D might have some space above the new security area, but at that point it's far from A and the international departures.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by nova08
Given that work in PHL typically takes longer than anticipated, I'd say very unlikely.

As for the location, I really don't think there are many places for an airside lounge in A-east/B/C. D might have some space above the new security area, but at that point it's far from A and the international departures.
I was in PHL yesterday and walked by the British Airways lounge, which the Centurion lounge is supposed to be above but couldn't see anything. Hopefully the do finish up early but as another poster mentioned construction at PHL is almost always behind schedule as it's run by the city according to an American Air Admirals Club representative. American is in the process of upgrading some lounges there as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.