Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Location is in A-West:

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery

It was in place today at 4 and reportedly in the second week of the implementation there. Not fun for me, coming all the way from E Gates after my flight in search of something to tide me over before dealing with a rush hour drive.

Interesting. It is a long way from the E Concourse. Sorry!

Using the lounge upon arrival can be useful. I took a very early morning coach flight to PHL the other week (no food, of course) and did pop in for some breakfast. It was a nice visit (especially since the lounge usually isn't very crowded in the mornings and the breakfast offerings are fairly reliable). On the other hand, the lounge is very crowded in the late afternoon, so denying arriving pax access then isn't the worst idea in the world.

I do hate "lounge access uncertainty," though. I was in ANC last month and had a 3 hour + layover between flights. My Priority Pass SHOULD have gotten me into the Alaska lounge -- and I was counting on that. But Alaska had just implemented a policy there where they shut the lounge to PP members whenever the lounge staff feels it's getting too crowded (the lounge was half full or less when I showed up). As this is the only lounge in the airport, I was then stuck in the gate area for several hours.

At least at PHL, there's always the Minute Suites.

It would probably be better if AMEX just said no inbound visits between, say, 4 and 7 p.m. And then we'd all know what to expect.

Last edited by iahphx; Sep 20, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Also the elevator was broken.
Again???
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Are they enforcing the Departing Passengers only/ X Hours before departure policy, as has been used at other Centurion lounges that are at capacity?
What’s the X?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by QtownDave
What’s the X?
3 Hours, in the reports that I recall.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
3 Hours, in the reports that I recall.
Thanks. Not terrible for me anyways since it’s my starting point but I can see the annoyance for a long connection.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List

Here's the updated cocktail menu. Going to miss the Pennsylvania Dutch and Schuylkill Express
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:47 pm

Does PHL Centurion Lounge limit the access every day? Or it just happened twice? I have an upcoming inbound trip with my kids so I am trying to avoid it if it is limited access on that day.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's the updated cocktail menu. Going to miss the Pennsylvania Dutch and Schuylkill Express
Instead of limiting access to the Lounge at busy times, I really wish they'd limit their drink menu! Some of these drinks are very time-intensive to make. I've waited as long as ten minutes to get a beer or glass of wine in the early-evening rush. The best solution is to just make some beer/wine self-serve, but for some reason AMEX doesn't like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by iahphx
Instead of limiting access to the Lounge at busy times, I really wish they'd limit their drink menu! Some of these drinks are very time-intensive to make. I've waited as long as ten minutes to get a beer or glass of wine in the early-evening rush. The best solution is to just make some beer/wine self-serve, but for some reason AMEX doesn't like this.
In some locations that may bump into liquor license regulations.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:56 am

Has anyone noticed a routine in terms of when this lounge is the busiest/quietest? Is it routinely swarmed during the TATL afternoon/early evening rush? Quieter mid-afternoons or late mornings? I still have Admiral's Club access for another year, but would prefer the Centurion club for a decent meal/cocktail if crowding isn't an issue.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLondoner
Has anyone noticed a routine in terms of when this lounge is the busiest/quietest? Is it routinely swarmed during the TATL afternoon/early evening rush? Quieter mid-afternoons or late mornings? I still have Admiral's Club access for another year, but would prefer the Centurion club for a decent meal/cocktail if crowding isn't an issue.
Yes, the lounge is EXTREMELY busy during TATL afternoon/early evening rush. It is less busy at other times, but even the less busy times are now getting more crowded.

That said, if you want food/drink, the AMEX lounge is better than the AA lounges. If your primary objective is peace and quiet, it's never better.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
I’m usually there in the mornings, around 8-10am, and it’s always quite quiet. Plus, and you all are going to make fun of me for saying this, I think it has one of the best French toasts anywhere!
Flying Machine and PHLondoner like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by firrainbow
Does PHL Centurion Lounge limit the access every day? Or it just happened twice? I have an upcoming inbound trip with my kids so I am trying to avoid it if it is limited access on that day.
Signs posted this afternoon limiting access to pax within 3 hours of departure. Busy between 5 - 6 pm but good turn over so no problem finding seats even for groups of two or three people.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Segments

Signs posted this afternoon limiting access to pax within 3 hours of departure. Busy between 5 - 6 pm but good turn over so no problem finding seats even for groups of two or three people.
That's too bad. I hope this restriction doesn't become the norm.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any idea of what hours they're enforcing the "no arriving passengers" rule? I've got an AA domestic flight into PHL arriving at about 7:30 pm coming up in a few weeks. I figure I might be hungry when I arrive, and might want to grab a quick bite to eat and a drink before leaving the airport. Is The Sign only up at the ultra-peak late-afternoon/early-evening time period?

Last edited by mia; Oct 9, 2018 at 3:01 pm Reason: Second paragraph Moved to another thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.