Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Location is in A-West:

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by QtownDave
Oh I’m sure some will like it. As I’m equally sure the quality is top notch. I suspected it would be niche, just not to this extent. And certainly not with EVERY menu item where those who may not care for it are left with nothing.
And unfortunately for those who might have problems with the menu, it doesn't look like it will change often. I've been in four times during lunchtime hours since the place opened and the offerings haven't changed once.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, here's my report. The lounge is too small. IF you visit in the late afternoon it will be problematic to find a seat. Decor is fine; but all I really notice is that the space is too small.

Food is as expected. Weird and mediocre. Of the hot food, the Moroccan vegetable soup is probably best (although I think I prefer the mushroom cheese soup at the Admiral's Club). The kebabs, which are really meatballs, are (charitably) mediocre. The green stuff (salads) are very Mediterranean and should please those who like those types of salads. My daughter liked the rice and beans. I thought they were "meh."

Dessert shines. Cookies and brownies are good, and even the Malabi is a winner.

EDIT: Service is good, but check-in at desk slow (problems with computer system). Red berry tea is dreadful.Apple Cinnamon water is OK.
Drink menu is interesting, and, I guess, dependent on your tastes. I liked the Philadelphia Flyer; my wife didn't. We both thought the Ala Moda was terrible.

I still think that whoever approved this food concept for Philly needs to find a new line of work. An awful choice. I give it a year until they introduce new food.

Last edited by iahphx; Nov 17, 2017 at 2:54 pm Reason: more
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by jasdou
I thought the food was actually pretty nice. The lamb meatballs were a bit dry though but the rest was tasty. I think most dishes could a bit more spices/seasonnings but they are probably trying to keep the flavors mild and accessible.
Agreed. It could definitely use more spice, but it would seem they're shooting for accessibility. Oh well, there's still a fine selection of cheese and trail mix at the AC/UC for those who find the food selection too wild.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL, HH, Bonvoy
I'm here now -- 4:20 PM on a Friday, albeit Black Friday, and it's less than a quarter full. Easiest access to everything at a Centurion Lounge I've ever experienced. I've been approached by several employees asking if I'd like anything, and was given a small tour of the coffee/water area to make sure I was familiar with it. A lot of attention but nothing intrusive, it's actually pretty nice (they've waited until I've been standing near something to ask, instead of while I'm working from my laptop).

Bar is just as stocked as any other Centurion Lounge I've visited.

Meatballs are a little dry.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I'm gonna be connecting from the long haul off of QR on Monday. Does anyone have an update on whether the showers are open?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:14 pm

Question Distance from Concourse E Southwest Gates?

How long a walk from the Concourse E Southwest gates? Would you walk to E, or Shuttle to F and walk to E?
Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by EWR-6785
How long a walk from the Concourse E Southwest gates? Would you walk to E, or Shuttle to F and walk to E?
Thanks
I would walk. It's probably a 15 minutes walk at a reasonable pace.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Unfortunately shower is still inop as of now
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA1K
rolled in on 11/18. nice lounge. it was empty around 11am. the moraccan food was interesting. not what i expected but still decent.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stopped in for breakfast earlier this week. Elevator wasn't working -- good thing I was travelling light. Hot food isn't put out until 6 am, but there's decent fruit, cereal and some breads before then. Hot breakfast foods mirror the problem with the lunch/dinner spread: the food is weirder than it is good. There's some sort of poached egg with chorizo; it's OK, but will be too spicy for 90% of guests (I like spicy foods, and I thought it was too spicy for breakfast). French toast was meh; about as good as you get on a free breakfast bar and a mid-priced motel. There was some weird cheese-filled blintz that was edible, but no better. Potatoes were normal for the American palate.

Just sad to see them spend money on weird and not very good food. I'm sure they'll get plenty of complaints and eventually change the concept to something more mainstream.

BTW, if you're leaving from Terminal E, it's about a 15 minute walk from the Lounge. Ten minutes to Terminal D; moving sidewalks stop after D, which makes E a bit of a hike.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by iahphx
Hot breakfast foods mirror the problem with the lunch/dinner spread: the food is weirder than it is good.
More I think about this I can't help wonder if this isn't the newest tack to address lounge overcrowding concerns...

"Yes, you're welcome to visit the lounge but you should eat before or after visiting. Maybe stop at the airline lounge if you want something your entire party would enjoy. "
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:46 pm

Finally made it there last night. Thursday evening was crowded (as expected), with long check-in lines and not enough seats; some standing actively looking for seats but I think most managed to find seats. Others can chime in if they witnessed the standing-room only crowd, but it was close during my visit.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:49 pm

Any idea if the traffic is from A terminals departure passengers or are people making the hike form other terminals. The F bus makes it easy but it takes time.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by radiowell
Finally made it there last night. Thursday evening was crowded (as expected), with long check-in lines and not enough seats; some standing actively looking for seats but I think most managed to find seats. Others can chime in if they witnessed the standing-room only crowd, but it was close during my visit.
Yeah, the late afternoon/early evening is going to be "crunch time" at this lounge. That's when most of the widebody European flights operate from the nearby gates, and when the airport is, in general, busiest. If you want quiet, come at 6 am! There were maybe 5 of us in the lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Visited two days ago (Friday morning) from 9:15 to 10:30, the lounge is thankfully an easy walk from the B gates. When I arrived at 9:15 the lounge was fairly crowded and I had to sit at a boardroom style table at the back. 45 minutes later the lounge had emptied out. For food they had challah french toast, a lamb and eggs dish, potatoes, kale and potatoe borekas (also really good) and oatmeal.

They were pouring mimosas from when I first arrived so I went to ask for a Kir Royale. The bartender told me she wasn't allowed to serve alcohol until 10:30 (not sure if that's a local rule or club policy) but she would have the drink ready to go at 10:30. She did and she even came and found me. Service all around was excellent. The bathrooms are also nice and the lounge certainly beats many of the Admirals Clubs at PHL though like all CLs, I think it could have been bigger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.