Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Location is in A-West:

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2021, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
On Tuesday, I arrived at the Lounge at 7:30 am and had to go on the waitlist. Mercifully, I was number one and only waited 5 minutes (which was good, because I only had 20 minutes before I needed to leave for my flight). Capacity of the Lounge is currently only 32 people. Obviously, this Lounge will be essentially unusable unless they can increase that number. A smart move would be to at least offer the grab and go bags to those who can't get in, because there are going to be a lot of otherwise unhappy cardholders in the next few weeks.
32 must be half capacity, right? I'm guessing normal 'full' capacity is ~80, then they need to use a few of the spots for staff. (I'm completely guessing on this so could be way off.) My bigger question is why so many people are flying out of PHL at 7am on a Tuesday, lol. Even if people are getting there 3 hours before their flights just to get a free breakfast, I'm still surprised given the lack of European flights (not like any are leaving that early anyway) and the fact that, well, it was a Tuesday!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:25 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by LlamaJesus
32 must be half capacity, right? I'm guessing normal 'full' capacity is ~80, then they need to use a few of the spots for staff. (I'm completely guessing on this so could be way off.) My bigger question is why so many people are flying out of PHL at 7am on a Tuesday, lol. Even if people are getting there 3 hours before their flights just to get a free breakfast, I'm still surprised given the lack of European flights (not like any are leaving that early anyway) and the fact that, well, it was a Tuesday!
I thought the capacity would be much higher. But if your numbers were true, then we get serious issues. Maybe folks have to wait outside the lounge a couple of hours waiting to get in. To some people, it may worth the wait.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Does anyone know if the hours have been extended yet? Pretty ridiculous that flights are now full at all hours and it still closes at 4:30p.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
not a bad suggestion, for offering the grab and go bags for people whom are unable to get in and have to go on a Waitlist. Did they provide ETE (estimated time of entry)?
No, but I queried them closely and they told me I was "number one" on the waitlist. Since I had only 20 minutes anyway, I stood in the hallway outside the lounge and waited for someone to leave. As soon as they did, I walked up to the desk, pointed out the departing pax, and they let me in.

Originally Posted by chewy3
Does anyone know if the hours have been extended yet? Pretty ridiculous that flights are now full at all hours and it still closes at 4:30p.
To my knowledge, the PHL hours have NOT yet been extended. Some of their other lounges have similar strange hours, but they do seem to be extending them. I think LAS is now to 6 pm (which, obviously, is still too early).

The current system is obviously going to lead to much unhappiness. Unlike most cardholders, I've been using the Lounges throughout the pandemic (at least when they've been opened). And now I'm unhappy because the rules -- at least in Philly -- now make it almost impossible for me to use the Lounge. For most cardholders, though, this will likely be their first opportunity to use the Lounge (for which they've paid a lot of money to use) and they will be surprised and unhappy to be turned away.
Old May 8, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Stopped by the CL this morning and was told there’s a 30 min wait. This means that you have to arrive at least 30 mins in advance if you want to use the lounge. Most airlines board at least 30 mins before departure, and if you add some walking between CL and the gate that means you have to arrive an extra hour early to enter the lounge. I’m just not sure if it’s worth it. It’s no longer a relaxing lounge before flight but more of a grab and go experience now.
Old May 21, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent experiences with the capacity? I have a morning flight out of PHL next week. I won't have time to wait on a Centurion wait list. Unless they've increased capacity, I (sadly) guess I'm headed for a bagel at the Admirals Club.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by iahphx
Any recent experiences with the capacity? I have a morning flight out of PHL next week. I won't have time to wait on a Centurion wait list. Unless they've increased capacity, I (sadly) guess I'm headed for a bagel at the Admirals Club.
LAX is only open for grab and go, do they offer anything like that instead of going on the list. I know the club is quite small and seating is being distanced. The staff is so nice there, I would assume they have something like that for those who don’t want to wait.Keep us posted, I won’t be in the lounge until sometime in July
Old May 21, 2021, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
LAX is only open for grab and go, do they offer anything like that instead of going on the list. I know the club is quite small and seating is being distanced. The staff is so nice there, I would assume they have something like that for those who don’t want to wait.Keep us posted, I won’t be in the lounge until sometime in July
Unless something has just changed, there's no grab and go at the PHL lounge. They did offer that for a brief period when they weren't allowing people to eat in the Lounge. That said, it's a brilliant idea for this lounge, especially with the severe capacity restrictions. I would think there's nothing worse than an infrequent Platinum cardholder showing up and being told "no, you can't actually use your lounge benefit, because there's an hour wait to get in." If they handed them a nice grab and go bag (like they were offering before) that cardholder would likely be much happier. And there might even be room in the Lounge because some of the people sitting there would have taken the grab and go instead. Seems like a good way to deal with their perennial overcrowding problem.
SP03 and Flying Machine like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
For some reason I think you’re going to be discussing this with them next week at PHL
Old May 22, 2021, 1:12 pm

They were not limiting entrants when I was there this week. There were a handful of seating locations that were restricted for social distancing, but it was maybe 10%
SP03 and Flying Machine like this.
Old May 22, 2021, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Spac3d
They were not limiting entrants when I was there this week. There were a handful of seating locations that were restricted for social distancing, but it was maybe 10%
That’s a good sign, how was the food offerings?
Old May 22, 2021, 6:02 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Echoing the 4:30pm closure time is ridiculous. The airport is bustling and there are hundreds of flights departing after 5pm.
hi55us likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spac3d
So the capacity controls have gone "poof"? Wow, that would be big news. I guess I'll stop by this week and confirm.

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Echoing the 4:30pm closure time is ridiculous. The airport is bustling and there are hundreds of flights departing after 5pm.
Ridiculous airline lounge closing times are a nationwide problem. In PBI this week the new AMEX Escape lounge closed at 3:30 pm. We've got 1.8 million daily flyers now. Maybe everyone is short staffed?
golfingboy likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sadly, there' still is a capacity limit at the PHL lounge. It has been raised from 32 to 50. I was able to get in midweek at 8:00 a.m. without waiting. At the moment, they have eliminated the pre-check line at terminal a. You need to go to terminal c.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:28 am

That’s a bummer about the pre-check in terminal A. I’ve always been a big fan as I’ve never waited it in the morning, once your out short walk to the Centurion Lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.