Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Location is in A-West:

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:33 am

while I STRONGLY suspect that she was wrong, i called Amex this morning and asked about the PHL centurion lounge; the Agent said that the lounge shows as open on her system-screen and she read me its hours of operation. suffice it to say that opening is imminent?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by orvando
while I STRONGLY suspect that she was wrong, i called Amex this morning and asked about the PHL centurion lounge; the Agent said that the lounge shows as open on her system-screen and she read me its hours of operation. suffice it to say that opening is imminent?
I'll be traveling through PHL tomorrow morning, will report back
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by orvando
Still not showing as a lounge on the AX website, so I presume it's not open yet. I'll also be there tomorrow to see if we're in luck or not.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:44 pm

Stopped by this morning. Still not opened (boo, hiss). Well, I’m resigned to the fact that this is good old PHL, after all
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Not open 10/26

Just walked by, says coming soon.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Azulcactus
Just walked by, says coming soon.
Nor Friday 10/27 morning. Sign still says they are hiring.

Wondering what the holdup is since since the press party was held with rumored opening of 10/23. Maybe insufficient staff? Would think occupancy permits should be clear if they were able to host the party. Perhaps negative feedback on the proposed menu has them searching for a new chef? Yeah, dreaming here.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: CP Dividend Miles ,Lifetime Platinum Marriott Rewards, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by Segments

Wondering what the holdup is since since the press party was held with rumored opening of 10/23. Maybe insufficient staff? Would think occupancy permits should be clear if they were able to host the party. Perhaps negative feedback on the proposed menu has them searching for a new chef? Yeah, dreaming here.
Must have been right behind you went to Airport from hotel early to take a look
Back in two weeks
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Segments

Yeah, they're rushing to find a guy to make cheesesteaks.

More likely, they can't source enough Shakshuka, Boreka, Za’atar and Kashkaval.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, they're rushing to find a guy to make cheesesteaks.

More likely, they can't source enough Shakshuka, Boreka, Za’atar and Kashkaval.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:42 pm

Checking in here since I know this place has the most up to date knowledge about this stuff. I was hoping the lounge would be open by now but I see it's still not showing up on the website. But it says "October" and there aren't that many days left... I'll be there on Sunday and try to check it out.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by calibeachgal
Checking in here since I know this place has the most up to date knowledge about this stuff. I was hoping the lounge would be open by now but I see it's still not showing up on the website. But it says "October" and there aren't that many days left... I'll be there on Sunday and try to check it out.
I don't think your odds are too good for Sunday but, hey, check it out and let us know.

I'll be in PHL in a couple of weeks. At this rate, maybe I'll get one of those goodie bags for the first customers. Or maybe it still won't be open and I'll have to wait until December for my harira and malabi.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:53 pm

I am sure someone else will get there first but I have a layover in PHL on Tuesday 10/31 and will report if it is open.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
No luck as of this morning was really hoping maybe they'll open today as it's Monday
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jona970318
No luck as of this morning was really hoping maybe they'll open today as it's Monday
They've got one more day before they turn out to be liars.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:36 pm

Just saw PHL listed on the Amex site, guessing it may open tomorrow?

Flyertalk won't allow me to post the URL since I'm a new member but if you go on the site it will appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.