Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Discussion from 2013 - 2016 is HERE.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Also check Delta.com: Sometimes better offers might be available there.

The Amex referral page has a 60K offer for the Delta Personal card.

The following offers for up to 70K on personal and business:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#Platinum

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/

valid through 04/11/2018

There are several 60, 000 miles offers for the personal card with the first year annual fee waived the first year, valid through May 1, 2019. They are listed in this referral thread. These are way better than the current standard public offer of 30,000 miles shown on Delta's website

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/delta-gold-credit-card/

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/gold-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card/

personal card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, 10k MQM, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/platinum-delta-skymiles-credit-card

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/platinum-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card

If you are current Delta Platinum AMEX cardholder, you might be eligible for 10K referral offer. New cardmember bonus is 70K.
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...af/201193-CCSG

__________________________________________________ _____________
From 2013-2016 thread:
Delta Amex Gold personal card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $3,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...803/learn-more

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $4,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...card-learnmore

Delta Amex Platinum personal card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dTGh6YYi20bhY=

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...H*eEoCo4ueJ0=?

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 40k miles + $50 statement credit, $1,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...C30TFwBwHd9o=?

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you make $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and $1000 more w/in 6 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight. [Did [b]not work when I booked a flt today, 3/15/17.]

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/
"Earn up 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 stmt. credit."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).
vah4883 received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card
philemer received $100 credit for buying a box lunch on board
END
Print Wikipost

Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Applied for the Delta Plat special offer of spend 2K in 3 mo get 80,000 miles. Got approved and I confirmed the bonus.

2 days later (today) I did the same with the Delta Gold special offer of spend 2K in 3 mo and get 70,000 miles. Got approved as well.

Both apps went the exact same way. They went pending and I called in and answered that I was not in the military and that my family was not, then approved easily. No credit checks obviously as I am a long time AMEX customer.

The business card offers are still on the table so I might go for those in Dec/Jan.

And just to confirm, I have had all of these cards before. These offers are from the emails many of us are getting that include the special language on the offer eligibility.
So I've been spending on the Delta Plat I just got and I'll hit the bonus probably next month. Anyways, I am waiting on the Delta Gold in the mail and I chatted an agent just to confirm the welcome bonus (just like I did with the Plat). He says he sees no welcome bonus attached to the account (unlike the Plat which he saw the correct offer) and I remarked that I had applied using a special offer with no language stating that the bonus is not available to those who have had the card before, even though I have had the card previously and got the bonus a few years ago. He said he would start an investigation that should be complete within 2 billing cycles. I ultimately asked him to cancel the investigation because while I do not MS, or cancel cards before 12-13 months, or do anything particularly risky, etc. I still would prefer a human not combing through my file because I do churn quite a bit.

At this point I will probably wait for the bonus to hit on the Delta Plat and then decide what to do with the Gold. I do not want to pay the annual fee obviously if I cannot get the welcome bonus and I already have the Plat for the Delta-related flight benefits.

Any opinions / speculation as to what happened? Here are the possibilities of what's going on in my eyes regarding these special Delta Amex email offers some of us have been getting:

- 1 welcome bonus only, but can get approved for multiple cards
- 1 personal card only for a welcome bonus, and maybe 1 business card is an option for a bonus too?
- You can get as many welcome bonuses as cards that you get approved for, and my Gold not having the offer attached is simply an error

I have zero issue if it is 1 welcome bonus per emailer, I just thought I would push the envelope and try for more than 1 card since the email offer loaded up more than 1 application page/offer with the right language, even after I had used it once the first time for the Plat. ~82,000 miles is still a business class ticket to Asia on a partner.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Yesterday I happened to go to DL's website and I saw a special offer for credit cards on chrome. I was not logged into any Skymiles account. The offer did not have the lifetime language and when I copy pasted the link into another browser it would not work.

Worked only if I clicked on the offer on DL's page on chrome. I applied for my wife and mom but during both applications the Skymiles number box was empty and greyed out and I could not enter any number, so I just went ahead and applied and got instantly approved.

Has anyone come across such a targeted offer? Did I apply for an offer not intended for my wife/mom?

Last edited by UA Fan; Nov 26, 2019 at 7:00 pm
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum
I signed up for the Delta Reserve 75,000 Skymiles and 10,000 MQM deal after $5,000 spend within 3 months. I checked to see Delta.com after the spend and it appears that I've only received 75,000 Skymiles and 5,000 MQM which is really annoying. I reached out to American Express asking what the deal was and the customer representative confirmed that sometimes the offers/marketing can change and that I was indeed approved for 75,000 Skymiles and 5,000 MQM instead of 10,000 MQM.

I searched online and there's no such deal being promoted for 75,000 Skymiles and 5,000 MQM for the delta reserve that expires at 10/31/19 or in general. Did this happen to anyone else? American Express is now "opening a case" on my account which takes the dreaded 1-2 weeks to get a response. I'd like to make sure I get my additional 5,000 MQM before the end of the year as I only need 3.5K MQM to hit Diamond.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Yesterday I happened to go to DL's website and I saw a special offer for credit cards on chrome. I was not logged into any Skymiles account. The offer did not have the lifetime language and when I copy pasted the link into another browser it would not work.

Worked only if I clicked on the offer on DL's page on chrome. I applied for my wife and mom but during both applications the Skymiles number box was empty and greyed out and I could not enter any number, so I just went ahead and applied and got instantly approved.

Has anyone come across such a targeted offer? Did I apply for an offer not intended for my wife/mom?
anyone? the offer is for 70K gold, 80K for plat and 80K for reserve. expires 1/22/20.

Last edited by UA Fan; Nov 26, 2019 at 6:59 pm
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:48 am

anyone? the offer is for 70K gold, 80K for plat and 80K for reserve. expires 1/22/20.
These are targeted offers. It's what was emailed to me.

How did you find it? Doctor of Credit?

I mean, I have no idea the probability of getting flack from the AMEX RAT team, but if it wasn't sent to you guys then it technically falls under their definition of gaming offers. Based on your post, I cannot tell if you went to the landing page and entered a SkyMiles number of your family members, but it sounds like no since you're speaking of greyed out SkyMiles number boxes on an app page. Maybe this was a buggy system or you got some random link that worked unintendedly through Chrome. I really have no idea, I am just taking guesses.

If you entered their info at a landing page, THEN these appeared, then you should be fine. But it sounds like this is not what you are saying.

If all of these assumptions are true, then it's a toss up. I am not sure how risky this is percentage wise, but personally in my case I would not do it because I have too much to lose with AMEX over Delta miles.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw an advert on dl's home page and then clicked on it.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:20 pm

I saw an advert on dl's home page and then clicked on it.
Sorry, don't know what to tell you friend. You are a Flying Talk evangelist and I just wrote an essay and you gave me a one liner. Please report here if you get your points because probably more than you is in this situation.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:29 pm

So I've been spending on the Delta Plat I just got and I'll hit the bonus probably next month. Anyways, I am waiting on the Delta Gold in the mail and I chatted an agent just to confirm the welcome bonus (just like I did with the Plat). He says he sees no welcome bonus attached to the account (unlike the Plat which he saw the correct offer) and I remarked that I had applied using a special offer with no language stating that the bonus is not available to those who have had the card before, even though I have had the card previously and got the bonus a few years ago. He said he would start an investigation that should be complete within 2 billing cycles. I ultimately asked him to cancel the investigation because while I do not MS, or cancel cards before 12-13 months, or do anything particularly risky, etc. I still would prefer a human not combing through my file because I do churn quite a bit.

At this point I will probably wait for the bonus to hit on the Delta Plat and then decide what to do with the Gold. I do not want to pay the annual fee obviously if I cannot get the welcome bonus and I already have the Plat for the Delta-related flight benefits.

Any opinions / speculation as to what happened? Here are the possibilities of what's going on in my eyes regarding these special Delta Amex email offers some of us have been getting:

- 1 welcome bonus only, but can get approved for multiple cards
- 1 personal card only for a welcome bonus, and maybe 1 business card is an option for a bonus too?
- You can get as many welcome bonuses as cards that you get approved for, and my Gold not having the offer attached is simply an error

I have zero issue if it is 1 welcome bonus per emailer, I just thought I would push the envelope and try for more than 1 card since the email offer loaded up more than 1 application page/offer with the right language, even after I had used it once the first time for the Plat. ~82,000 miles is still a business class ticket to Asia on a partner.
Good news. I called in for another matter and while I had the agent on the phone I asked her about the welcome bonus. I referenced the offer/bonus ID code in the fine print at the bottom of my email offer and that seemed to help her locate it. A few days later I double checked this and asked a chat agent for the details on the welcome bonus and it shows correct now.

Bottom line: I got the Platinum Personal for the 80,000 miles offer, and then got the Gold Personal for the 70,000 miles and both went through okay. I guess the first agent who said he saw no welcome bonus loaded on the Gold card was doing it wrong, or the info had not loaded yet.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:45 am

Good news. I called in for another matter and while I had the agent on the phone I asked her about the welcome bonus. I referenced the offer/bonus ID code in the fine print at the bottom of my email offer and that seemed to help her locate it. A few days later I double checked this and asked a chat agent for the details on the welcome bonus and it shows correct now.

Bottom line: I got the Platinum Personal for the 80,000 miles offer, and then got the Gold Personal for the 70,000 miles and both went through okay. I guess the first agent who said he saw no welcome bonus loaded on the Gold card was doing it wrong, or the info had not loaded yet.

What a CSR tells you should always be taken with a grain of salt, could be correct, could be wrong.

A good test to see if you will get the Delta miles is to buy a DL gift card or any other DL Purchase that initiates the Delta credit you received as part of the new card offer.

If the credit posts you should be good to go for the DL miles.

Years ago after Amex went to once in a lifetime I was denied the miles and since the DL credit is also part of the welcome offer I was denied that also.

Now whenever I get a new DL card the first thing I do is buy a DL gift card, AFTER the credit posts to my AMEX account I then make the spend for the miles
IDM79 and jiaogulan like this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
What a CSR tells you should always be taken with a grain of salt, could be correct, could be wrong.

A good test to see if you will get the Delta miles is to buy a DL gift card or any other DL Purchase that initiates the Delta credit you received as part of the new card offer.

If the credit posts you should be good to go for the DL miles.

Years ago after Amex went to once in a lifetime I was denied the miles and since the DL credit is also part of the welcome offer I was denied that also.

Now whenever I get a new DL card the first thing I do is buy a DL gift card, AFTER the credit posts to my AMEX account I then make the spend for the miles
Have you ever had the same Delta card 3x (or more haha) and gotten the bonus?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:31 pm

Have you ever had the same Delta card 3x (or more haha) and gotten the bonus?
Yes, recently via targeted offers with no lifetime language

I have been churning cars for decades, I probably had the DL Gold Amex 10 times
jiaogulan likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I was approved for the DL Platinum Amex with the 80k bonus miles and $100 statement credit for making a DL purchase. Can anyone advise whether paying for a miles transfer would qualify as an eligible DL purchase for purposes of getting the $100 credit? I wasn't sure if DL processes these transactions or if it is done by points.com, in which case I know that it would not qualify.

Last edited by Richard1148; Dec 5, 2019 at 5:27 pm
Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:02 pm

DL biz reserve

3 days ago applied for targeted DL biz reserve offer of 80k skymiles for $3k/3mos. Got pending message, and 23 mins later got approval email. Then chatted agent online and requested expedited delivery due to travel on Monday. The agent said that wasn't available for cobranded cards due to some issue with the backend team. So instead i called the number in the approval email and explained my situation to an agent, telling them i wanted to be able to get my card before my trip so i can use it (flying DL), etc. They were understanding and said they would do what they could, but no guarantees.

Fast forward to today, got the DL reserve in the mail (FedEx), so Amex came through like a champ. Online tracking had estimated a Monday delivery, so for a change they were earlier than expected.
EkekoBWI and Visconti like this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler
3 days ago applied for targeted DL biz reserve offer of 80k skymiles for $3k/3mos.
Good one! I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. Bonus, doesn't blemish the personal CR, unlike some other business cards, such as Cap One.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Just tried to signup for a DL Biz Plat, and I got their friendly message:

XXXX, based on your history with American Express welcome offers, introductory APR offers, or the number of cards you have opened and closed, you are not eligible to receive this welcome offer.
We have not yet performed a credit check. Would you still like to proceed?

The thing thats a little surprising is I've only ever had two Amex cards in my life -- a Biz Plat (still active with spend; 5+ year history) and a personal DL Gold (cancelled after 2 years). Is this message that common? Can't figure out what I've done that would peeve them off that much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.