Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Discussion from 2013 - 2016 is HERE.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Also check Delta.com: Sometimes better offers might be available there.

The Amex referral page has a 60K offer for the Delta Personal card.

The following offers for up to 70K on personal and business:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#Platinum

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/

valid through 04/11/2018

There are several 60, 000 miles offers for the personal card with the first year annual fee waived the first year, valid through May 1, 2019. They are listed in this referral thread. These are way better than the current standard public offer of 30,000 miles shown on Delta's website

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/delta-gold-credit-card/

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/gold-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card/

personal card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, 10k MQM, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/platinum-delta-skymiles-credit-card

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/platinum-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card

If you are current Delta Platinum AMEX cardholder, you might be eligible for 10K referral offer. New cardmember bonus is 70K.
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...af/201193-CCSG

__________________________________________________ _____________
From 2013-2016 thread:
Delta Amex Gold personal card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $3,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...803/learn-more

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $4,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...card-learnmore

Delta Amex Platinum personal card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dTGh6YYi20bhY=

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...H*eEoCo4ueJ0=?

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 40k miles + $50 statement credit, $1,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...C30TFwBwHd9o=?

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you make $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and $1000 more w/in 6 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight. [Did [b]not work when I booked a flt today, 3/15/17.]

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/
"Earn up 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 stmt. credit."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).
vah4883 received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card
philemer received $100 credit for buying a box lunch on board
END
Print Wikipost

Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards

Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:14 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Zorak
I may have misunderstood -- I interpreted what you said to mean that all AMEX products continue to have the once-per-lifetime restriction, even if some of the offers do not state it explicitly. That would be weaselly, whether it's AMEX's doing or if they have it imposed on them by the cobranding partner.

But were you instead saying that, while AMEX has not moved away from the once-per-lifetime model as a general rule, that DL has forced them to remove the restriction for DL-branded cards (for at least some targeted subset of customers)?
I don't think it's a weasel move; it just seems that Amex (either alone or in coordination with its partners) has chosen to waive the once-in-a-lifetime restriction for some applicants. As far as I've seen on FT, targeted offers without the OIAL language do indeed offer the bonus, even to those who have had the card before. I'm in the process of testing this now -- had the Preferred Rewards Gold recently and just applied for the new Gold card using a targeted offer without the OIAL language -- so I'll see how that plays out but I'm optimistic.

How Amex chooses when and whether to use the language is a whole separate topic for debate, but clearly Amex ought to know whether anyone is OIAL-eligible or not when they send out targeted offers, so it would seem like an oversight at best, or maybe a bit weaselly, if they send out with-OIAL targeted offers to those who had a card before.

Clearly you can imagine that if they send a without-OIAL targeted offer to someone who's had a card before, Amex thinks they can make enough money off the new card to be worth paying another sign-up bonus (and thinks they won't get the customer to sign up without it). Amex has long seemed to pay closer attention to sign-up bonus churn than many of the other big card issuers so I'd be quite sure it's not an accident when targeted offers happen not to include OIAL restrictions.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bgriff
I don't think it's a weasel move; it just seems that Amex (either alone or in coordination with its partners) has chosen to waive the once-in-a-lifetime restriction for some applicants. As far as I've seen on FT, targeted offers without the OIAL language do indeed offer the bonus, even to those who have had the card before.
In that case I did misinterpret what sdsearch meant, and as implied in my followup then I agree it is not weaselly at all.

Originally Posted by bgriff
I'm in the process of testing this now -- had the Preferred Rewards Gold recently and just applied for the new Gold card using a targeted offer without the OIAL language -- so I'll see how that plays out but I'm optimistic.
Let me know how it goes! I lost interest in the DL cards with the $250k waiver increase, but might now reconsider the Reserve for 2019 for the SC access and as a hedge against only reaching PM next year (i.e. if I may not hit DM next year anyway then I can fall back on the waiver instead of earning $9000 in MQDs)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:55 pm

That seems pretty weaselly of them, especially if it can be documented that some links have the exclusion and others don't.

I probably wasn't going to go for this anyway, and wouldn't have been motivated to go through the hassle of fighting for 80k pesos in any case, but there are those who might...
You can a chat with AMEX after you apply and ask them to read you your signup bonus without using a leading question..........have them tell you the exact miles, spend, etc.

There is also another way to verify that you will get the bonus before making the spend. When AMEX started the once in a lifetime bonus years ago I was denied a bonus and also denied the $50 credit as I was told it's all part of the SU bonus.

Now when I get DL cards I buy a $50 gift card, only after the $50 DL credit posts do I make the spend.

I get some very nice value from DL, nonstop MSP/LAS can be found for around 11.5K each way when the dates first open.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:03 pm

I applied for the 60k Gold card 1 month ago and just got a 70k miles offer in the mail. Has anyone had any luck getting the higher bonus matched by Amex?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by hamburglar
I applied for the 60k Gold card 1 month ago and just got a 70k miles offer in the mail. Has anyone had any luck getting the higher bonus matched by Amex?
Just the opposite in my case a couple years ago in a similar situation with the DL Plat AMEX -- I had a rep tell me they would honor the higher offer, then when it the extra miles hadn't posted I called back and they said they had to submit a case to marketing, and then when I called back again even later they said yeah, marketing said no
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hamburglar
No personal experience but this has been asked before, and the general consensus is that it’s very rare for Amex to honor the higher offer.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Recently they refused to match the 70K public offer for Mrs. HighOPS, but they did say if there had been a targeted offer for her they would have matched it. So it might be worth a screenshot and email. Though, they may have just been saying anything to get her off the phone.

Edit: @hamburglar

Last edited by highops; Nov 28, 2018 at 1:55 pm Reason: Forgot to quote hamburglars post
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by highops
Recently they refused to match the 70K public offer for Mrs. HighOPS, but they did say if there had been a targeted offer for her they would have matched it. So it might be worth a screenshot and email. Though, they may have just been saying anything to get her off the phone.
FWIW the increased offer that they told me they would honor, then reneged on, was a targeted offer.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:56 pm

Amex Delta cc bonus miles issues

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. Just an FYI, we recently have signed up for the AMEX DELTA platinum and reserve cards. We are having problems with inaccurate posting of the bonus miles. For example, the bonus was for 70K miles and 10K MQMs. Instead we received 60K and 10K MQMs. In addition, for the "Miles Boost" based on spending 25K, we were supposed to receive an additional 10K miles and 10K MQMs. Instead, only the MQMs are posting, not the bonus miles.

For example: signup bonus 70K miles and 10K MQMs
spend 25K offer: 10K miles and 10K MQMs

what was due: 80K miles and 20K MQMs
what we received: 60K miles and 20K MQMs

somehow the posting of the MQMs is offsetting the regular miles due

This is happening identically on both our cards, so I suspect this is a systemwide issue.
Please check you statements, and I would appreciate if anyone has additional information to post

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I moved your post into the established thread.

Originally Posted by levineja99
.... recently have signed up for the AMEX DELTA platinum and reserve cards....
Did one of you apply for Platinum and the other for Reserve -or- did both of you apply for two cards?

How did you obtain the offers: airport solicitation, postal mail, email, ad on delta.com, ad on americanexpress.com, or "found" elsewhere online?

What material do you have to document the terms of the offers for which you applied?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:22 pm

Just the opposite in my case a couple years ago in a similar situation with the DL Plat AMEX -- I had a rep tell me they would honor the higher offer, then when it the extra miles hadn't posted I called back and they said they had to submit a case to marketing, and then when I called back again even later they said yeah, marketing said no
Called several, they just plainly said No... trouble saved
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Wife got an offer to upgrade her Delta Gold AmEx to Platinum. 15k miles for $1k in spend/3 months. Does this sound like a good deal. Im on the fence...no credit hit...low mileage bonus...but easy spend target.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
My offer was 25K for $3K in spend to upgrade the Skymiles card.

It's not a published benefit, but if you're already spent $25K on the Delta Gold card in 2018, upgrading the card seems to trigger the 10K bonus redeemable miles and 10K MQM upon first statement closing with the new card.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Unless you've already had the platinum card before, why would you upgrade for 25K (or 15K) miles when you can wait for the 70K offer to come back (I think the last one was in September). We did the 70K last spring (early March)...but, of course, there's no guarantee if or when it will return. Just doing an internet search returned a 35K offer plus 5K MQM's for $1000 spend. It would result in a credit pull, though, it that is a concern.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:55 pm

I apologize if this has already been answered. I applied for the Delta Gold (non-business) card June 2017 and received 60K bonus points. I cancelled the card back in June 2018 this year. I just got an offer in the mail for Delta Gold (non-business) linked to my Skymiles number for 70k. I plugged it in online and it says I'm eligible for the next 76 days.

Am I really eligible for the offer? I thought Amex had one bonus per lifetime per card. I'm very suprissed I received this offer especially being less than 6 months out from cancelling the Delta Gold card. Seems too good to be true.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.