FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   How to cancel/resell Hamilton tickets bought through Platinum concierge. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1814904-how-cancel-resell-hamilton-tickets-bought-through-platinum-concierge.html)

Big4Flyer Jan 12, 2017 3:27 pm

How to cancel/resell Hamilton tickets bought through Platinum concierge.

I purchased 2 Hamilton tickets last September through the Amex concierge for a showing of Hamilton this spring that my wife and I were planning on as part of a trip out to New York. Since then, we've had several life changes that necessitate us moving homes around that same time period, so the timing for a trip is no longer ideal.

I'm trying to figure out what my options are as far as what to do with my tickets. When I purchased them they said they would be fulfilled by Spotlight and sent out 2-3 weeks before the show, although they may arrive as late as 48 hours before the show. This would make reselling difficult and I'm not sure I want to worry about the hassle. When I bought the tickets they read the "all sales are final" clause, so I don't think that cancellation is much an option either.

To those who may have purchased tickets through Amex Concierge/Spotlight, how soon before the show did you receive your tickets? Are there any other ways of unloading the tickets so they can go back to somebody who can make it to the show?

Has anybody ever had luck canceling their tickets, or selling them somewhere online?

Please no PMs requesting tickets, I just want to know what my options are, if there are any.

dadig Jan 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Try claiming on the insurance from Amex?

krazieman Jan 12, 2017 4:07 pm

I would call to check on when you would get the tickets. I received mine about a week after ordering. It should give you time to sell/give to friends. I wouldn't take the chance of selling to people I don't know though.

Big4Flyer Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman (Post 27751597)
I would call to check on when you would get the tickets. I received mine about a week after ordering. It should give you time to sell/give to friends. I wouldn't take the chance of selling to people I don't know though.

I ordered mine several months ago and still haven't gotten them. Were yours through Ticketmaster or Spotlight? I've heard that Ticketmaster is much easier to deal with.

Olga_NYC Jan 12, 2017 9:56 pm

If you can't cancel via concierge, I think you will have no problems selling the tickets, even at the very last minute. Personally, I would have loved to buy them off you.

dbeauh Jan 13, 2017 6:29 am

You'll be able to sell these in a flash on www.StubHub.com - and at a substantial profit!

justforfun Jan 13, 2017 6:34 am

For what date? ;)

Troopers Jan 13, 2017 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer (Post 27751400)
To those who may have purchased tickets through Amex Concierge/Spotlight, how soon before the show did you receive your tickets?

Several wks before show.

Has anybody ever had luck canceling their tickets, or selling them somewhere online?
Stubhub

Terminator8 Jan 14, 2017 6:51 am

You won't be able to cancel. I bought 4 a while ago, tried to cancel 2 back (and this was less than 24 hours later). AMEX Concierge called Spotlight to see if they would let me cancel 2 tix and Spotlight said no.

Resale is prohibited though you're welcome to give it a shot. Best bet is probably to sell to a family/friend.

Big4Flyer Jan 17, 2017 12:15 pm

I ended up listing them on Stubhub, and they sold within an hour. I think somebody got a great deal on them since they were going for $800+ in the orchestra section and I listed at $250. Hopefully they enjoy the show. Now I just hope I get them in time to ship them, since Stubhub wants them shipped one week from the date of the show.

Troopers Jan 18, 2017 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer (Post 27776423)
I ended up listing them on Stubhub, and they sold within an hour. I think somebody got a great deal on them since they were going for $800+ in the orchestra section and I listed at $250. Hopefully they enjoy the show. Now I just hope I get them in time to ship them, since Stubhub wants them shipped one week from the date of the show.

$250 only ;)

Please do report back if you do not receive the tickets in time to ship, thanks.

turin39789 Jan 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Used this to see them in Chicago opening weekend.

As Troopers said, if you have any trouble with the StubHub sale, reach out.

JBG89 Jan 19, 2017 1:54 am

I tried listing on stubhub and was told that "I had to be approved to sell Hamilton tickets"

niehaubs Jan 19, 2017 6:12 am

My show is Feb 4.
Tickets were received about Jan 10.

Big4Flyer Jan 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by JBG89 (Post 27785682)
I tried listing on stubhub and was told that "I had to be approved to sell Hamilton tickets"

I received the same email after trying to list them. I just sent an email showing my confirmation from the AmEx concierge and they allowed me to list them. I assume its to keep bots from selling them or something.