Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage, CA

Stayed: June 3rd - June 4th, 2018
Upgrade: Booked 'DELUXE RESORT KING' received no upgrade during check-in. Although I did not ask for an upgrade.
Early Check-in: Did not use arrived at normal check in hours (3:00pm).
Late Check-out: Did use and checked out at 3:30pm without any issues.
Breakfast: $70 daily credit applicable only to their in house kitchen (State Fare) or room service.
Amenity: $100 property credit to be used. Not applicable to resort fee or valet parking.
Premium Internet: Included

Other: Free candy/snack bar from noon til 5:00pm daily at the lobby. I also received complimentary day-spa passes (value at $50 each) for up to 2 guests with Marriott Gold status. Which I used for the whirlpool, sauna and aromatherapy showers.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Mandarin Oriental DC

Stayed: May 2018
Upgrade: Yes, Deluxe City View Room to Deluxe Water View Room (not sure it's much of an upgrade given it's more of a highway view but it's still technically a more expensive room)
Early Check-in: Denied, Called FD day-of and was told too many people requesting
Late Check-out: Offered 4 pm, took 4:00 pm (note that housekeeping showed up at 4:01 pm to kick us out, which is fair, we had a 5:30PM out of DCA).
Breakfast: Did not use
Amenity: $100 credit, used for lobby lounge snacks (very good cappuccino and biscotti)
Premium Internet: Provided
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
St Regis San Francisco

Stayed: May 2018
Upgrade: Yes, Superior Guest Room (low floor) to Grand Deluxe Guest Room (18th floor, very nice view)
Early Check-in: N/A
Late Check-out: Offered 4 pm, took 1:30 pm.
Breakfast: Noted as $30 per person, limit strictly enforced.
Amenity: $100 F&B credit, used at the lobby lounge/bar.
Premium Internet: Provided code for high-speed access, duplicitive with SPG Gold benefit

Other: More of a SPG issue but was not offered choice of SPG Gold amenity, automatically received 250 points. All guests have access to the house car on a first-come-first-served basis.

Comments: Still a very nice property (and one of my favorite US city hotels) but a little wear and tear is showing in the guestrooms. Had to email FD to get breakfast credit applied, note that $30 per person doesn't go far at this property, probably best to save some of the F&B credit for it. FD agent very gracious and overall service is top notch here.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Does anyone know if I book through FHR, does it count towards qualifying nights (for status)? I currently have status for Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, and Hilton.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Does anyone know if I book through FHR, does it count towards qualifying nights (for status)? I currently have status for Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, and Hilton.
Yes, these are eligible rates with Marriott and Hyatt. No personal experience with SPG and Hilton, but assume with them as well.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Conrad Osaka

Stayed: June 2018, two rooms on one booking
Upgrade: Yes, both rooms upgraded from Deluxe King to Executive Corner Room (or Executive Corner Suite - I'm honestly not sure which). Full Exec floor privileges.
Late Check-out: Offered 4pm. On request, granted 6pm for one of the two rooms.
Breakfast: Yes - given choice of Exec lounge breakfast or in main Atmos restaurant (which we chose, and it was excellent). Breakfast included a la carte items like lobster and scrambled eggs on brioche.
Amenity: $125 credit, for use in spa, restaurant, bar etc
Premium Internet: Provided code for high-speed access

Comments: A really spectacular property with breathtaking design and gorgeous public spaces. Highly attentive and polite staff - very solicitous and keen to please, almost to a fault. Beautiful Executive lounge with an impressive afternoon tea spread (spectacular macarons) and a very nice cocktail hour with reasonably substantial food options. Double upgrade (at least) to corner rooms, and they took enough care to give us neighbouring rooms.

Rate was 36,000JPY/night + taxes. For what's included in the FHR rate I think that's great value. Anything comparable in Tokyo would cost double.

Last edited by mad_atta; Jun 13, 2018 at 2:47 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
I've got a four night stay at the Shangri-La Toronto this weekend. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, to share about the property? I'll definitely report back with mine next week.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
Shangri-La Toronto

Stayed:
June 2018
Upgrade: Deluxe Room to One Bedroom Suite
Late Check-out: Was offered 4:00 p.m. check-out, but didn't need it.
Breakfast: Deluxe Breakfast which included access to "The Table", basically a high end continental spread, and one item from their menu.
Amenity: $100 (133 CAD) F&B credit. Could be used at restaurant, bar and room service, but not available for mini-bar.
Premium Internet: Free for everyone.

Comments: This hotel would typically be out of my price range, but they were offering a fourth night free promotion so I decided to book it. Let's just say it was worth every penny. The property was flawless, every member of the staff was exceptional, and the food and drink were superb. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
diningdecadence and shotb83 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
RC Philly

Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia

Stayed: July 2018
Upgrade: Proactively offered superior room.
Early Check-in: Didn't need.
Late Check-out: Proactively offered. I asked for latest possible & they offered 4pm.
Breakfast: $40 credit in restaurant or in room. For in room the credit did not include additional charges for delivery, gratuity. Not sure about taxes but I don't think so.
Amenity: $100 property credit. There's no gift shop here and the credit isn't valid at the spa so it's basically just good for F&B and the minibar. I was disappointed it wasn't valid at the spa but alas.

Hotel was ok overall. Elegant lobby & rooms were decent. Staff were friendly & courteous. Unbeatable location. I stayed at the Hyatt Bellevue last year and had a great experience so will probably go back next time I'm in Philly.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia

Stayed: July 2018
Upgrade: Proactively offered superior room.
Early Check-in: Didn't need.
Late Check-out: Proactively offered. I asked for latest possible & they offered 4pm.
Breakfast: $40 credit in restaurant or in room. For in room the credit did not include additional charges for delivery, gratuity. Not sure about taxes but I don't think so.
Amenity: $100 property credit. There's no gift shop here and the credit isn't valid at the spa so it's basically just good for F&B and the minibar. I was disappointed it wasn't valid at the spa but alas.

Hotel was ok overall. Elegant lobby & rooms were decent. Staff were friendly & courteous. Unbeatable location. I stayed at the Hyatt Bellevue last year and had a great experience so will probably go back next time I'm in Philly.
The new Four Seasons should be open later this year. That should be the nicest hotel in PHL by far
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I thought there was an FS somewhere in Philly?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Closed in 2015:

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...s-comcast.html
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I thought there was an FS somewhere in Philly?
There was, but it closed in 2015. The old FS is now the Logan, a Hilton hotel.

The new FS is going to be on the top floors of the new Comcast building. It should be the best hotel in the city, by far.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Ritz-Carlton Denver, June 16-17

Right off the bat here No Marriott points have posted to my Marriott account. Might have to do a missing stay request, number was put in at desk during check in but not showing up a month later. Anyone run into this before?

Anyway, just looking for quick weekend getaway, thought we would head to Denver for the weekend. Booking through FHR was same price as directly with Ritz- $289 plus tax

Upgrade: "city view" which was apparently an upgrade, didn't see much in the way of city but still a very nice room
Early Check-in: Not available if we wanted the "upgrade". Was fine, dropped off our luggage and got brunch, they called around 2pm when room was ready
Late Check-out: Yes, honored 4pm which was great since we had a late flight
Breakfast: $30 per person credit in restaurant for two guests ($60 total), actually quite good food as well.
Amenity: $100 property credit. Good for restaurant and bar. As stated above the restaurant, Elways, was actually quite good, definitely got some late night bites after a few drinks

So before taxes and not including the "upgrade", not a bad deal. Still waiting on the points to Marriott though
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M
London NYC July 26. Booked Storey Suite. No upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.