Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
For reference, this property had a separate thread 2011-2015:

FHR - London NYC
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Shangri-La Tokyo

Stayed: January 2018
Early Check-In: Allowed check-in at 2pm and they handled the entire check-in process in the room (Deluxe Room Imperial Garden view), which was a new experience for me
Room Upgrade: Provided a higher floor, but no room upgrade due to the capacity. Details provided without any inquiries on my part
Late Check-out: Benefit stated during check-in, and took advantage with a checkout of 3pm
Daily Breakfast: Breakfast for two available in the restaurant or lobby lounge with choice of menu items & buffet.
Special Amenity: $100 US food and beverage credit and which we used in the bar.

This was my first experience with Shangri-La and I will definitely stay again when visiting Asia. Just a phenomenal hotel experience from start to finish. Great location too, right outside Tokyo Station.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Loews Hôtel Vogue

January 2018
Early Check-in allowed
Late Check out 4PM
Room Upgrade to Luxury Suite from base room
Breakfast up to $30 USD per person can be room service or at La Société.
Winter rate of $189CAD which comes with a $100 USD ($116 CAD) hotel credit. I used it at La Société for dinner.
Premium Internet (approx 14 Mbps)

Definitely a steal in the winter for one night stays.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
breakfast for 2, one person staying

How do FHR properties deal with the for example 2 x $30 breakfast credit when travelling alone? Can you pig out for 60 bucks on your own?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
Four Seasons Kyoto

Stayed: Feb. 2018
Early Check-In: Yes, available at noon arrival.
Room Upgrade: Yes, upgrade from Premium to Deluxe
Late Check-out: Offered for 4 pm but not used
Daily Breakfast: Yes, Full buffet at Brasserie for two not charged to account
Special Amenity: $100 US food and beverage credit showed up on bill; paid for drinks at bar and tea house. Could be used for almost anything except Sushi Wakon

Very beautiful new hotel with modern and traditional Japan accents, large 800 year old Japanese garden and pond is quite special
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Originally Posted by janwillem
How do FHR properties deal with the for example 2 x $30 breakfast credit when travelling alone? Can you pig out for 60 bucks on your own?
Definitely, never had a problem with it. I make sure that I always indicate 2 persons in the reservation.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Four Seasons Vancouver

Stayed: February 2018
Early Check-In: N/A - arrived on a late flight
Room Upgrade: Booked - Deluxe Executive Suite - City View - Received - Deluxe Executive Suite - Preferred View (one category upgrade - $30 difference) The city view suites are floors 6-20 and mine was on the 21st floor, so I wouldn't call this much of an upgrade
Late Check-out: Offered, but not used
Daily Breakfast: $80CAD daily in Yew. It appears that taxes and gratuities were excluded even if under the $80 limit
Special Amenity: $100CAD food and beverage credit that was used for both room service and cocktails at the Yew Lounge

Overall a very enjoyable stay. I was able to book on a 3rd night free FHR deal. The suite was quite spacious with 2 full baths and worked out well as we were travelling with our two young children. Upon arrival, the crib and sofa bed were all ready to go and a diaper genie along with diapers and wipes were all provided which I thought was a nice tough. Milk and cookies were waiting in our room along with baby food for our infant. The previously requested mini-fridge was not in the suite, but this was quickly rectified in the morning. We had all 3 breakfasts, 1 dinner and cocktails on a couple of occasions at Yew - the hotel restaurant/lounge. Service was exceptional and the food of high quality. Kids meals were removed from the bill which was a nice touch. We booked a nanny to look after the kids one night while we went out for dinner and that process was seamless. The concierge was extremely helpful on multiple occasions. I found the Four Seasons app for messaging the concierge to be great and they were always very responsive in a timely manner. One minor issue was that our room had not been cleaned on the first day after returning for the kids' afternoon naps at 2pm. A request was made to clean the room at 5:45pm promptly while we had a quick swim before dinner and it was done right on time. Speaking of the pool, the indoor/outdoor pool was great, but surprisingly quite chilly. My wife and I also enjoyed massages in their Redwater Spa Suite, both of which we felt were top notch. The location is great with it being attached to the big mall and also only one block over from the train that goes directly to YVR. All in all a great weekend....it didn't help that it was a rare sunny weekend in February! I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Mandarin Oriental Washington, DC

Mandarin Oriental Washington, DC

Upgrade: Booked a Deluxe Water View room, the lowest category available. Was not given an upgrade.
Early check-in: Arrived at 1pm, room was not available. Dropped off luggage and returned by 2:30, room was available.
Breakfast credit: Daily breakfast, including buffet, two. In-room dining or a-la-carte dining was also available, up to $86 a day.
Amenity: $100 Food and Beverage Credit, we used it on the afternoon tea.
Late checkout: Offered at check-in, we stayed until about 1:30pm.

This particular stay was for my proposal to the future Mrs. Beltway, so I have nothing but wonderful things to stay about the concierge team and other staff members who helped us along the way. If you have business or pleasure in SW DC or the Hill, it's a wonderful place to stay. In terms of getting value out of the FHR Program though, there are other properties that are more generous with early check-in and upgrades.
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
This particular stay was for my proposal to the future Mrs. Beltway, so I have nothing but wonderful things to stay about the concierge team and other staff members who helped us along the way.
Congrats!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The Langham New York

Stayed:
Feb 2018
Upgrade: Yes, Deluxe Room (high floor) to Junior Suite (low floor)
Early Check-in: Yes, they got me in a room at 8 am following red-eye arrival from SFO!
Late Check-out: Offered 4 pm, took 2:30 pm.
Breakfast: Noted as $35 per person. Substantially exceeded both days (1 person), they removed all charges without comment:
Amenity: $100 credit for "anything except valet parking." Used mine on minibar + room service dinner. I'm pretty sure the total was solidly over $100, but they removed all charges.
Premium Internet: Smoking fast at 78+ mbps down

Overall, a very positive experience. Not sure the room was much of an upgrade (6th floor overlooking 5th Ave) but I really appreciated getting into it so early and last thing I was going to do was complain about the lack of a view. Room itself was spacious and comfortable, though the furnishings are a bit bland.

Breakfast is really expensive - I ordered room service one morning - french toast, side of sausage, and grapefruit juice, and it cost $67. Also, I had breakfast my first morning (upon arrival), which technically did not qualify for the benefit, and then my second, but not the third. Front desk removed all breakfast charges without comment (I didn't have to ask).

Service great. Everyone was very friendly.

Not a huge fan of the location, but that's always true for me in midtown, even when I'm right on the park. The positives are that it's transit central, within a few blocks of both the west side subway lines at Herald Square/34th Street and the Lexington Ave (33rd Street). And it's a straight shot down 36th to the midtown tunnel if you're flying JFK/LGA.

Had lunch one day at Augustine in the Beekman, which looked awesome - may check that out next time.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Thumbs up The Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey

The Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey

Stayed: January 2018. Booked for 1 night
Early Check-In: yes
Room Upgrade: Booked - cheapest King; Received - Junior suite with Marina view (FHR + Marriott Platinum ackn). 3 lvl upgrade, worth $200-$300 in their rates, depending on occupancy
Late Check-out: Offered, and used only 2pm
Daily Breakfast: $80 for 2 persons
Special Amenity: High speed in-room Wi-Fi. $100 food and beverage credit applied at check-out

Highly recommended, if the rate is right, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Bicycle whole day rental was used for $30. I didn't exceed the limits of the breakfast and food credit. The room was really spacious with the view of the marina - very tranquil.

Jr. suite bed

Jr. suite view

Jr. suite sunset view

Breakfast
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:44 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
*Belmond El Encanto* Santa Barbara

*Stayed*: February 2018 3 nights
*Early Check-In*: offered but didn't use
*Room Upgrade*: Booked - Deluxe Premier Bungalow King; Received - Deluxe Suite
*Late Check-out*: Yes - 4 PM
*Daily Breakfast*: $60 for 2 persons (was able to apply to room service)
*Special Amenity*: High speed in-room Wi-Fi. $100 property credit applied at check-out
Also- 3rd night free

We were very pleased with our room, the lovely property, the excellent food and service. Only complaint is how hard we had to press for our upgrade at check-in, even though the hotel was only at about 30% occupancy. (We barely saw any guests until our last day and every day we were alone at the pool.) We haven't used FHR as much as we used to and it seems as if the Upgrade at check-in used to be pretty automatic. Reading through this thread it seems as if upgrades are harder to come by these days. Still between the daily breakfast credit, the property credit, the late checkout and the free 3rd night FHR was a great value.

We especially love it when properties allow a credit to room service. That is one of my biggest "wishes" for SPG (Marriott)
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:26 pm

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Stayed:
March 2018
Upgrade: Had to fight.Booked Deluxe Victoria Harbour, eventually wound up with Grand Victoria Harbour (after FD agent lied to me about availability).
Early Check-in: Checked in around 2:30 p.m.
Late Check-out: Offered but not needed.
Breakfast: Full buffet. Not as impressive as you might expect. Service was mixed.
Amenity: $100 F&B credit. Used for room service, and they charged me for slight overage. Due to aggressive currency conversion gouging, benefit was actually only $92.50. I complained (on principle) and they are supposed to be refunding $7.50.
Premium Internet: Everyone gets free internet here. 30+ mbps.

Mixed experience. Originally offered only a minimal upgrade (as Marriott Plat), to Grand Seaview room, which I declined. Asked about Grand Victoria Harbour room and was told "not available." I did purchase a Club access upgrade ($1500 HKD per night). Got to my room, and it smelled strongly of smoke. It also had only a partial harbour view. Off to the lounge. Where an assistant manager magically found me a Grand Victoria Harbour room (and apologized profusely for my check-in experience). I will say the Grand room here is really nice. Basically a junior suite located on a corner. Much nicer than the base deluxe room, which feels quite generic.

Service was not as consistent as one might expect at a RC, especially in Hong Kong. While most staff interactions were excellent, there were a couple misses, including check-in and the buffet breakfast experience, where service was brusque bordering on rude. Club staff were outstanding however.

Location is great if you have business with Morgan Stanley or Credit Suisse, otherwise it kind of sucks. Likely will not return (based as much on location as anything else).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge

Stayed: March 2018
Early Check-In: N/A
Room Upgrade: Junior Suite - Lakeview King (using FPC suite upgrade cert) - Received - Junior Suite - Lakeview Estates King. I'm not sure what the exact difference was except it was gated and closest in proximity to the lodge. It also included free valet parking and 'butler service', yet there was no mention or evidence of any type of butler service.
Late Check-out: Not formally offered, but used
Daily Breakfast: Not sure what the daily limit, but was fully covered each morning excluding gratuity
Special Amenity: $100USD food and beverage credit that was used at the Emerald Lounge

Stayed this past weekend on a 3rd night free promo. I will post a more thorough review in the Fairmont forum, but overall a solid stay. For a quick long weekend getaway, we usually prefer Banff Springs, but we decided to change it up and tried the JPL for the first time. Since the property is so spread out, I think the location of your cabin will have a significant impact on your stay, especially in winter. Lucky for us we were a short 5 min walk to the main lodge with two young kids in tow. There was no mention of FHR benefits upon checkin, but ultimately the final bill was spot on with all the requisite charges being removed. There have been some complains online regarding outdated cabins, but ours was quite nice (not sure if the Estates cabins are newer?). Food/beverage is rather costly, even more so slightly than BSH and CLL, but they do have a captive audience. There's a great indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub and lots of winter family activities on site. Service was spectacular from some employees and so/so from others. I think I would like to return in the summer to get a full taste of what the resort offers during their busier time.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
First time using FHR: Any tips?

Leaving on a trip during which we will stay at two FHR properties. I’m seeking general insights on how to maximize the benefits. I assume at checkin, I’ll let them know we desire late checkout. I’ll also ask about options for using the $100 property credit. Finally, I’ll inquire about upgrades. Am I missing anything else? I’m sure this isn’t rocket science, but doesn’t hurt to ask the experts.

Thanks!

Last edited by 747FC; Mar 7, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.