Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SP03
I noticed that the hotel is no longer on the FHR search for next year.
Too soon to attribute any significance:

When does AmEx renew FHR contracts?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SP03
In general, I find the lunch/dinner for 2 benefit confusing. Is there a dollar cap or set menu? It's usually not clearly spelled out. And the waitress at the Le Meridien New Orleans did not really know either. There were only 3 tables when I went there for dinner, but the wait for service was insanely long. Service staff really didn't seem to know what to do.

The one plus is that you get free tickets to the local museums.

I noticed that the hotel is no longer on the FHR search for next year.
Agree, not very clear - I did ask the front desk and they said whatever you wanted. Mind you they said the same for breakkie and then referred to cap at check-out! However given what they said when I asked I was happy I would have been able to challenge any debate on that point!

Same when we were there - only 2 tables in use for lunch yet still took almost 2h for the 3 courses!! Given that sort of useless service I didn't leave a tip (I know that will be difficult to stomach for some but it was just excruciatingly slow).
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:20 pm

Stayed at The American Club in Kohler, Wisconsin. Booked a Deluxe Room and was upgraded two levels to a Heritage Suite, which featured a "Vibracoustic" tub. Pretty neat.

Breakfast was good - Sunday morning brunch in the Wisconsin Room. Fancy buffet that normally would cost $39/person, but we got it for free, even including mimosas and the gratuity! Very nicely done.

Had some issues applying the $100 property credit. At first, they said it could only be applied to food/beverages. Had to explain that it's listed as a property credit, so our retail purchases should have been included, too. Also used it for some restaurant and room service charges.

Resort credit was charged, but a credit was given for the wi-fi component.

All in all, a good stay in Kohler.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Stayed at The American Club in Kohler, Wisconsin. Booked a Deluxe Room and was upgraded two levels to a Heritage Suite, which featured a "Vibracoustic" tub. Pretty neat.

Breakfast was good - Sunday morning brunch in the Wisconsin Room. Fancy buffet that normally would cost $39/person, but we got it for free, even including mimosas and the gratuity! Very nicely done.

Had some issues applying the $100 property credit. At first, they said it could only be applied to food/beverages. Had to explain that it's listed as a property credit, so our retail purchases should have been included, too. Also used it for some restaurant and room service charges.

Resort credit was charged, but a credit was given for the wi-fi component.

All in all, a good stay in Kohler.
Glad that you enjoyed your stay
I thought that retail products are never inclued in any property
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Stayed at Barriere Majestic in Cannes and the Hyatt Regency Palais de la Mediterranée.

Cannes: Upgraded from a standard room (superior) to a deluxe city view. Loved the extra space as our son stayed with us. 85 euro F&B (any F&B although when I checked beforehand they mailed that only restaurant/bar were eligible, turned out not te be the case.
Pros: Lovely hotel, great service, nice upgrade, superb breakfast including Champagne, late check-out no problem, no charges for my 7 year old son for extra bed and breakfast, lots of kid's activities
Cons: You need to go out of the hotel at the main entrance to get to the pool, no changing facilities and very exposed, no early check-in even after informing them beforehand we would arrive early, silly room service prices (think hamburger 42 euros) but nice in execution and quality

Nice Hyatt: Hotel much less impressive. A step down from Cannes. Upgrade to a sea view room but the view is obstructed because of the hotel facade pillars. 85 euro for any F&B, used it at the terrasse overlooking the sea. Food good flavour but not hot unfortunately. Late check-out used until 4 pm.
Pros: Location, inside/outside pool, again no bed/breakfast charges for my son
Cons: Room uninspiring, communal areas functional but not luxurious or particularly attractive, breakfast not great in choice but OK quality and breakfast room not too comfortable

Last edited by janwillem; Nov 27, 2017 at 5:41 am
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:08 pm

Another great experience at Hotel Arts Barcelona this past weekend.

Booked a Club level so upon arrival checked in on 33. We were early having come off a cruise so were nicely surprised with the room being available at 10am. We weren't offered an upgrade as I suppose view and suite would be the options and there really isn't a bad view We were offered late check out but didn't need it as we were on a noon flight to JFK. Used the F&B credit for room service and did use the 2 free breakfast coupons however staying on the club floor the only real advantage to the main dining room would be cooked eggs or omelette. The offering in the club is more than satisfactory. Anyone going there soon should note that actually their main restaurant Cafe Veranda is under construction so a highly modified offering is being served in Arola.. Here the view is obstructed by construction work so after all the club would have been a better place.

As usual the service is above and beyond. Marriott should use this property as an example of how to treat a guest.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:09 pm

Stayed at the Loews Chicago downtown booked via FHR.

Upgrade: think it was same room category (FHR king), but they gave us a corner room with a view looking towards Mag Mile
Breakfast: 2x$30 credits, and it applied to room service as well
Amenity: $100 credit, which paid for drinks at the bar and the excess from breakfast; cannot be used for parking; also got $25 off coupon at spa, but I'm not sure if that's FHR-specific

I really liked this hotel! Room was modern and clean, bed was comfortable, and there were plentiful outlets. The room can be blacked out pretty well but also lets in light if you want. The hotel staff can be texted if you don't want to call. Used this method to request a second (comfy) robe for my gf and even to ask them to pull around our car when we were leaving. Valet parking overnight was $68 (yikes! Though I think this is reasonable for Chicago), but the valet staff were helpful with check-in, giving directions, etc.

Drinks at the bar were expensive but solid. Room-service breakfast was solid as well, though we were too hungover to eat much of it (I had pancakes, gf had eggs Benedict).

Service was friendly, location is good, and there's a lot of value for the $229 room price (cheapest FHR in ORD by far, too). Would recommend this hotel!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum and Marriott Platinum Elite
Grand Hyatt Kauai

Stayed 11/25-11/29

1) early check in not used
2) late checkout 4p offered but didn't use
3) upgraded from king pool view to king deluxe ocean view (week after Thanksgiving so it was pretty slow there)
4) full breakfast buffet for 2 $36 each $72 savings day
5) $100 credit applied to final bill at checkout

Our experience it's a nice hotel with a badass pool, great restaurants and good nightly entertainment. There's construction going on right now but I think it will all be finished before the Xmas crowd comes. Advice go to the Kileau fish market for lunch. Best poki bowl ever

Cheers

Last edited by DeltaAddict; Dec 22, 2017 at 9:19 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:20 am

The Mark, New York
Stay 12/14-16 in the busy New York holiday season.
Amex Amenities reviewed at check in:
1) Upgrade - not available due to sold out situation
2) Breakfast: $30/person per day
3) Early check in (not used)
4) Late check out to 4pm granted on check in without issue.
5) $100 credit - taken off at check out but $8 overage was billed.
6) Free wifi- relatively slow and only 3 devices allowed.
The room (Madison King) was well-appointed and comfortable with a deep sunken tub. Minor concerns were lack of lighting in the closet and the lack of a separate water closet. The 24-hour gym was well-appointed. I had two service issues: a fairly simple request to the concierge resulted in inaccurate information (later corrected). They pledged to inquire on my behalf but never followed up. Second, the restaurant was not at all accomodating of a hotel guest for a Saturday lunch, despite several open tables. We were offered a seat in the lounge area, which was not conducive to eating. After being ignored for 15 minutes and other new diners being accomodated, we left and had a great lunch elsewhere.
While the room was lovely, the minor service gaffes are enough for me to look elsewhere on my next stay.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Has anyone gotten additional amenities when their hotel status already offers an included amenity such as free breakfast anyway?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: points traveller
anyone know when the new rates and offers will be loaded? Got a trip later this month - direct with four seasons the 3rd night free offer shows, but not through FHR.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by holocker
Has anyone gotten additional amenities when their hotel status already offers an included amenity such as free breakfast anyway?
Never
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
Villa Magna, Madrid

Villa Magna, Madrid Spain December 2017.

Room Upgrade: Not automatically offered. Inquired and they made it seem like it was a big deal, but was ultimately granted a 1 category upgrade from Junior Suite to Executive Suite. Unfortunately' all of their Executive suites are next to a housekeeping closest so at all hours of the day and night you'll hear noise and banging in the bedroom area. I requested a room change and they would only offer me the original room I booked. I think they should have offered an alternate superior accommodation, otherwise the FHR upgrade benefit is useless. I also mentioned that if I would have outright booked the Executive Suite, I would have been pretty disappointed with the noise disturbance for such an expensive accommodation. They replied, "well you were upgraded".

Breakfast is for 2 at their buffet or can be used for in room dining. The latter option is extremely limited and not as much is offered compared to the buffet. Because we slept in each morning, we ended up doing the in room dining. One morning i asked about switching one item for another and they did it but charged me additional for it. Kind of tacky compared to other hotels I've stayed in that are usually more flexible.

Additional Amenity: 85 Euro credit. This could be used in the lobby restaurant and bar
Guaranteed 4PM check out: offered and used

This is probably one of the nicer, if not, the nicest hotel in Madrid though I will say, it's definitely showing its age and the service is not overly friendly.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:37 pm

The London NYC

Stayed: Jan. 2018
Early Check-In: No -- I tried to check in at 9 a.m. and was given a non-suite room (I thought all rooms were suites?) When I said it wasn't what I booked, I was checked out and told to come back in the afternoon after 4 p.m.
Room Upgrade: Not offered or given
Late Check-out: Not offered, but I asked for it (and received it) on the morning of my last day
Daily Breakfast: Breakfast vouchers for the buffet at the lobby restaurant
Special Amenity: $100 US food and beverage credit I used for two separate room service orders. I just received a $100 credit on my folio.

I wasn't recognized as a HIlton Diamond member or as an FHR booking. There was no packet available and I had to ask for each of the benefits. Disappointing service for an FHR stay.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Wyfind
The London NYC

Stayed: Jan. 2018
Early Check-In: No -- I tried to check in at 9 a.m. and was given a non-suite room (I thought all rooms were suites?) When I said it wasn't what I booked, I was checked out and told to come back in the afternoon after 4 p.m.
Room Upgrade: Not offered or given
Late Check-out: Not offered, but I asked for it (and received it) on the morning of my last day
Daily Breakfast: Breakfast vouchers for the buffet at the lobby restaurant
Special Amenity: $100 US food and beverage credit I used for two separate room service orders. I just received a $100 credit on my folio.

I wasn't recognized as a HIlton Diamond member or as an FHR booking. There was no packet available and I had to ask for each of the benefits. Disappointing service for an FHR stay.
Honestly, this is one of the cheapest hotels in NYC (relative to room size) and I've enjoyed several stays there in the past. Unfortunately, this place has gone rapidly downhill. In fact, on our last stay I almost checked out mid-stay. We will not stay here again, unless or until, there is evidence of significant capital investment in the hard product. Of course, if that occurs it also likely means increased room rates, but for me that is ok. I appreciate value, but The London NYC has dropped below being a "value stay" to just being a poor stay...

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.