Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MarkP24
It seems that per the T & C's, I can definitely pay with another AMEX card, not my Platinum, and that should be completely above board. Am I correct?
Inside the USA, I ALWAYS use my Amex Everyday Preferred card to pay my FHR bills. I get 50% more points this way, and I've never had a problem

Outside the US, the forex fees aren't worth the extra points, so I use the Platinum card
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mia
Not more detailed, but they do mention that not all room categories are available for upgrade, and that if you want to know more you need to call PTS:
Right. I understand I may not get the Presidential Suite
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Inside the USA, I ALWAYS use my Amex Everyday Preferred card to pay my FHR bills. I get 50% more points this way, and I've never had a problem

Outside the US, the forex fees aren't worth the extra points, so I use the Platinum card
Thanks, and thanks to the other posters. That's very helpful!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:51 pm

Thanks! I always thought it can use AMEX Platinum check out only

Originally Posted by CRAZ8

Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Searching this thread, it looks like at Ritz properties people are occasionally upgraded to club levels. I'm wondering, can you apply club level upgrade certs from the RC credit card to FHR stays to make sure you have club access?

I've never been much of an FHR user but poking around for an upcoming trip it's revealing some interesting value.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
... can you apply club level upgrade certs from the RC credit card to FHR stays to make sure you have club access?
Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level:

Club Level offer valid at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels on up to three qualifying paid stays per account anniversary year using The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card with a seven-night maximum length of stay, subject to availability at time of reservation. “Account anniversary year” means the year beginning with your account open date through the anniversary of your account open date, and each 12 months after that. E-Certificate is required, is non-transferable, and not combinable with other offers. Club Level Upgrade E-certificates are valid for 1 room per E-certificate and up to 2 guests per room. Valid only on member rates and non-discounted rates available weekdays and weekends on standard and premium rooms. Not valid on special corporate negotiated rates, wholesale rates, discounts or promotions (includes AAA), packages, group rates, eChannel rates, advance purchase rates and Government rates. Reservation must be paid for with valid Ritz-Carlton Rewards credit card. Account must be open and not in default to maintain your Club Level E-certificates. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or a failure to provide the stated benefits and services.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:58 pm

Mandarin Oriental Tokyo

Early check in: Used and received room 1 pm.
Upgrade: From Mandarin Grand Room to Oriental Suite. (5 categories?)
Breakfast: Either in buffet restaurant or in different restaurant with choice of Western or Japanese breakfast.
Amenity: US$100 credit.
Late check out: was offered and used it.

Had an amazing stay at the MOTYO. Used the hotel credit to have the weekend dim-sum brunch at the Cantonese restaurant, Sense. All staff were wonderful and helpful. Love the location. Especially love the heat and water treatment area of the spa. Amazing views from the baths and the sauna.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:12 am
fjk

It's getting awfully late for 2018 release, nearing end of October! Surprised this isn't bothering more people. Have some spring rooms I'd like to book, let alone those trying to book for Jan 1 (online).
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by fjk
It's getting awfully late for 2018 release...
Typically October/November, discussion HERE.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Le Meridien New Orleans

Early check in: Not used
Upgrade: Told we received one although not obvious what was different, room still felt pretty cramped
Breakfast: Confusing - told to just charge 'whatever' in the restaurant to room, however some charge noted on bill that I had to get removed - unclear what it was from as taxes & tip all meant to be included. $60 limit mentioned at checkout, nothing on welcome letter. Buffet only ran on Friday, not Saturday.
Amenity: Lunch or dinner for 2, once during stay (excl alcohol) - decent although extremely slow service despite there only being a couple of other people in the restaurant!
Late check out: 4pm offered and used

Also as SPG Gold offered drink or points. Asked for two drink vouchers and received them.

Overall level of service not great and room small for the price but did feel I received a definite benefit from booking via FHR.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fjk
It's getting awfully late for 2018 release, nearing end of October! Surprised this isn't bothering more people. Have some spring rooms I'd like to book, let alone those trying to book for Jan 1 (online).
It's really not, it doesn't strike me as any different than any other year in the 10 or so years I've been a Platinum cardholder.

Regards
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:49 pm

Any advice on the FHR offerings in Santorini, Greece? Specifically between the Canavas Oia Suites and Mystique? Mystique is SPG so I would earn a lot of points with my expected spend, but looking for any advice or notes on which hotel is better for FHR amenities (upgrades, early/late checkout, etc.).
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:57 am

The Dewberry, Charleston

Early check in: Arrived early, around 10:00am, and they were able to get us to the room in less than an hour.
Upgrade: From Signature King to One Bedroom Suite. The front desk agent explained that he would have offered the Charleston Flat (top category) but the hotel was at full occupancy. Our suite was fantastic with a very large bathroom and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Historic Charleston.
Breakfast: $30 per person per day for use in-room or in the hotel restaurant. We used it in room and easily exceeded the $60 but the quality was excellent.
Amenity: US$100 food & beverage credit (no minibar) we used in the hotel bar.
Late check out: Offered, but not needed as we had to depart for the airport.

My only FHR complaint is that a 4th night free was on offer, but there were so many blackout dates, it was impossible to use.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Technical question: even if I include the relevant hotel loyalty program number to the FHR reservation, recently it does not go through and I have to call the hotel and request the confirmation number. With the conf number I can add my number online or ask the front-desk to include it. I experienced it with IHG and Hyatt and I find it really annoying, especially with cancellations and re-bookings with better rates.

Does anyone have similar experience or a better work-around?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Le Meridien New Orleans

Early check in: Not used
Upgrade: Told we received one although not obvious what was different, room still felt pretty cramped
Breakfast: Confusing - told to just charge 'whatever' in the restaurant to room, however some charge noted on bill that I had to get removed - unclear what it was from as taxes & tip all meant to be included. $60 limit mentioned at checkout, nothing on welcome letter. Buffet only ran on Friday, not Saturday.
Amenity: Lunch or dinner for 2, once during stay (excl alcohol) - decent although extremely slow service despite there only being a couple of other people in the restaurant!
Late check out: 4pm offered and used

Also as SPG Gold offered drink or points. Asked for two drink vouchers and received them.

Overall level of service not great and room small for the price but did feel I received a definite benefit from booking via FHR.
In general, I find the lunch/dinner for 2 benefit confusing. Is there a dollar cap or set menu? It's usually not clearly spelled out. And the waitress at the Le Meridien New Orleans did not really know either. There were only 3 tables when I went there for dinner, but the wait for service was insanely long. Service staff really didn't seem to know what to do.

The one plus is that you get free tickets to the local museums.

I noticed that the hotel is no longer on the FHR search for next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.