Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
Hotel: W Bogota
Room: Three separate bookings, 1st night in a Cool Suite, 2nd & 3rd nights in Wonderful Guest Room (cheapest rate). 1st & 3rd nights were P1 (Bonvoy Platinum), 2nd night was P2 (Bonvoy Gold)
Early Check-in: N/A
Late Checkout: 4pm automatic for 1st and 3rd nights. On second night we eventually got 4pm, though they seemed less happy to give it.

Upgrade: 1st night we were upgraded to a Marvelous suite in the app, then Fantastic Suite at Check-in (2 categories). 2nd night we were upgraded to Fabulous Guest Room (2 category upgrade). 3rd night was upgraded in app to Fabulous Guest Room, pushed a little at check in and was upgraded to a Cool Suite (3 categories).
Breakfast Credit: Buffet in the restaurant. It was great. Mixture of local specialties and more general fare.
Amenity: $100 credit for spa or food/beverage. It was labeled at booking & in the app as a spa credit, but they did allow us to use it at the restaurants on the property. Could not be used for gratuities (service charges were added automatically to the bill) or for the mini bar. I had also charged several car trips to the room, and could not use the credit for those.
Comment: Sorry if the room/upgrade section is confusing. We stayed 3 nights, alternating who made the reservation to get the $100 credit each night (which went a long way in Bogota). The first night we were there we enjoyed their weekend "Night Brunch" using the credit, which had all kinds of local foods plus alcoholic beverages. The area around the hotel (Usaquen) was a little ways from most of the tourist sites, but we preferred that. On Sunday there was a big market across the street from the hotel with local crafts and food, which was a lot of fun.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hotel: Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C.
Room: Deluxe King
Late Checkout: 4pm offered but not accepted

Upgrade: "Upgrade" was to a Deluxe King with River View
Breakfast Credit: Buffet in the restaurant for two or $89 room service credit. Most expensive breakfast entrée on the room service menu was $48.
Amenity: $100 property credit plus two glasses of champagne at check in
Comment: The room was fairly mediocre by luxury standards and the hotel's location isn't the greatest. That said, service at the hotel was amazing and all employees were friendly and helpful. It was a really nice stay.

Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:11 pm

Hotel: Park Hyatt Washington DC.
Room: Standard King Room
Early Check-in: Yes
Late Checkout: 4pm offered and used

Upgrade: Upgrade to a Junior Suite, priced $50 above the room we booked.
Breakfast Credit: $40 per person at the Blue Duck Tavern. Not useable for room service. Our total before tip was $83 for a generous breakfast.
Amenity: $100 property credit. Used for excellent cocktails at the bar and then to order a cheese and charcuterie plate via room service.
Comment: We're locals and were just looking for a night away. We really enjoyed our stay. Shortly after checking in we left to have lunch, and when we returned we found a box of macarons and bottle of spring water in our room. Not sure if this was an FHR related amenity or standard for the hotel.
levilevi and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
The property credit at both Hilton Hawaiian Village and Royal Hawaiian could be used for both parking and resort fee. This actually made the FHR cheaper than the lowest public rates when we went last time, and included a very good expensive breakfast
Is FHR still giving a property credit at the Hilton Hawaiian Village? I remember seeing it in the list of FHR hotels, but the last time I looked (a few days ago), I could not find it.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Dewberry Charleston

Early check in: Arrived early, around 12pm after a drive from Savannah, and they were able to get us to the room right away.
Upgrade: From Signature King to Grand King - not sure what much of the difference was, besides the couch and bigger bathroom, but for a night I didn't care.
Breakfast: $60 per day for use in-room or in the hotel restaurant. Went down to The Pantry and enjoyed the food. One annoying thing, the hotel provides complimentary tea and coffee in the elevator foyer, but when you walk the 100 feet to the restaurant you have to pay for it. I grabbed two teas for my companion, rather than pay the ~$10 in the restaurant. As a side note, The Pantry is much like a lobby lounge, first come first serve and waiters come around, so it's not like a restaurant only situation.
Amenity: Complimentary Charleston International Airport transfers in the hotel Volvo house-car OR Complimentary daily valet parking - So two issues here for me, one I didn't have a car and the offer to drive me ~20 minutes to the airport seemed a pretty lackluster offer for a $30 Uber ride I could have taken on my own. Additionally, what if I didn't need a ride to the airport, I'd have zero use of this benefit. Secondly, the usual $100 credit does not equate here for the one-way ride and I was a little disappointed to see this was the "amenity".
Late check out: Check out was at 4pm, belongings were held until airport departure at 6pm.

Overall, the hotel is perfectly located, very well done, but I felt was a bit too pricey for what was offered, I think service in The Pantry could have been a little better, I believe they were short staffed, both at night when every seat was taken and breakfast, where there was only one waitress, but otherwise, the staff were very cordial, attentive and the food, drink and ambience was definitely good. The rooftop bar is a fun place to go (again a bit pricey, unless you are from NYC/SFO where you expect close to $20 cocktails), when the weather is warmer as it is one of the higher points in the city. As a side note, as I stated above for the amenity, I ended up charging a fair amount of drinks from The Pantry our first night, and was surprised to see that the charges were never filed, other than a tip charge. So while it was stated there was no F&B credit, somehow I ended up getting that in the end. Not sure if it was an error at the POS, a backend change that hasn't been made, as someone previously had the credit a few years back, or what. Just wish I had known about it beforehand. I will probably update this with a few photos.

Last edited by safari ari; Mar 19, 2022 at 5:33 pm
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Is there any kind of availability calendar for the FHR properties? There's only so much time I'm willing to spend trying different dates, only to be told each time that there's no availability for those I've selected.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:18 am

Hotel: Waldorf Astoria Versailles-Trianon Palace
Room: Booked Superior Room, King (Palace 5 star)
Late Checkout: Granted, though had to ask, and had to go back to redo the keys as they timed out at noon.

Upgrade: App said I was upgraded to a Deluxe Room, Garden View (1 category). The App said it was from my Hilton Diamond status, so who knows. The room seemed larger than the description for that type of room though, and looked larger than most non-suite rooms on the floor map, so I think it was actually a Deluxe Park View room (2 categories)
Breakfast Credit: Buffet in the restaurant, which was pretty good.
Amenity: 85 Euros for food/beverage. We used it for room service.
Comment: Nice hotel right next to the Palace. We stayed in the Park Hyatt Vendome the prior nights and definitely preferred the Waldorf room. We also received a certificate for 2 free welcome drinks at the bar (which may have been from our HIlton Diamond status). It was nice to have a room so close to the Palace of Versailles. We visited the Palace right after it opened, before it got crowded. We took a break in the room, then visited more of the gardens/grounds. Room rate was around $325, so this was a great use of the Amex $200 credit.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by Biscoff27; Mar 27, 2022 at 12:19 am Reason: formatting
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
Hotel: Waldorf Astoria Versailles-Trianon Palace
Room: Booked Superior Room, King (Palace 5 star)
Upgrade: App said I was upgraded to a Deluxe Room, Garden View (1 category). The App said it was from my Hilton Diamond status, so who knows. The room seemed larger than the description for that type of room though, and looked larger than most non-suite rooms on the floor map, so I think it was actually a Deluxe Park View room (2 categories)
Breakfast Credit: Buffet in the restaurant, which was pretty good.
Amenity: 85 Euros for food/beverage. We used it for room service.
Comment: Nice hotel right next to the Palace. We stayed in the Park Hyatt Vendome the prior nights and definitely preferred the Waldorf room. We also received a certificate for 2 free welcome drinks at the bar (which may have been from our HIlton Diamond status). .
thank you for the review. Glad that you enjoyed your stay.
how was the food / room service ?

How was the service ? Prior Covid it was just OK.

by the way if you room face the « pavillon » this is called garden room.
if they’re facing the other side this is « park » view.

Yes the drinks coupons are thanks to HH not FHR.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by merlin90
Is there any kind of availability calendar for the FHR properties? There's only so much time I'm willing to spend trying different dates, only to be told each time that there's no availability for those I've selected.
Is the FHR availabity calendar very different to a normal "standard rate" calendar for a hotel? My experience is mostly in Europe and Vegas but I've found if I can find a room on their website, the amex site will sell me a room.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA
thank you for the review. Glad that you enjoyed your stay.
how was the food / room service ?

How was the service ? Prior Covid it was just OK.

by the way if you room face the « pavillon » this is called garden room.
if they’re facing the other side this is « park » view.

Yes the drinks coupons are thanks to HH not FHR.
We had a corner room (402 I believe) which faced the pavilion building so I guess it was garden, though the bigger windows faced the chateau and grounds.

We thought the food was pretty good. Nothing amazing or even that memorable, but nothing was bad either. Service was a bit uneven. Front desk agent checking us in was pleasant though maybe a bit new. He had to ask his colleagues any time we had questions, gave us the wrong vouchers, and seemed to gloss over the FHR part entirely. Service in the bar area was a bit distant. They gave us our drinks and never checked on us again. Breakfast service was better. We declined turned down service so our interactions with housekeeping were limited. In the morning, we realized the large Aesop lotion bottle in the room was basically empty and we called to have someone bring more, though they never came. When someone came into the room to check the minibar we mentioned it, but the basic response was "its not my job." So overall the service was less impressive than some other Waldorf stays I have had.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:40 pm

We had a corner room (402 I believe) which faced the pavilion building so I guess it was garden, though the bigger windows faced the chateau and grounds.

We thought the food was pretty good. Nothing amazing or even that memorable, but nothing was bad either. Service was a bit uneven. Front desk agent checking us in was pleasant though maybe a bit new. He had to ask his colleagues any time we had questions, gave us the wrong vouchers, and seemed to gloss over the FHR part entirely. Service in the bar area was a bit distant. They gave us our drinks and never checked on us again. Breakfast service was better. We declined turned down service so our interactions with housekeeping were limited. In the morning, we realized the large Aesop lotion bottle in the room was basically empty and we called to have someone bring more, though they never came. When someone came into the room to check the minibar we mentioned it, but the basic response was "its not my job." So overall the service was less impressive than some other Waldorf stays I have had.
thank you for these info.
seems that the service was average at best.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by marconess
Is the FHR availabity calendar very different to a normal "standard rate" calendar for a hotel? My experience is mostly in Europe and Vegas but I've found if I can find a room on their website, the amex site will sell me a room.
interesting : March 2023 for a FS. Available on FS web site
amex told me that it’s not available.
amex called the hotel and they reconfirmed that it’s not available.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:15 pm

Service in the bar area was a bit distant. They gave us our drinks and never checked on us again.
Had the exact same experience at the bar back in 2019
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:11 pm

On-site credit used for lounge supplement?

Anyone used the on-site credit towards a club lounge supplement? Specifically looking at the Park Lane Intercontinental in London but also curious for other hotels in general.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:07 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by aeolos
Anyone used the on-site credit towards a club lounge supplement? Specifically looking at the Park Lane Intercontinental in London but also curious for other hotels in general.
I would say no as the Club Lounge is a room rate driven product and not a F&B outlet. For what it is worth, Virtuoso still includes club lounge access inside the room rate at IC London Park Lane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.