Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:17 am

Palacio de los Duques Madrid, Spain (Gran Melia)

Hotel: Palacio de los Duques Madrid, Gran Melia Hotel
Room: Deluxe Room
Check-in: I arrived after regular check-in time
Upgrade: Upgrade from Supreme Room to Deluxe Room (no Red Level lounge access)
Late Checkout: Guaranteed late checkout at 4:00 PM was available and used
Breakfast Credit: Free breakfast
Amenity: EUR 85 F&B credit
Comment: Good location, nice restaurants around and Palacio Real is 5-10 min walk. Excellent Breakfest (no buffet due to COVID-19). Nice rooftop with hot tube and swimming pool with great views of Madrid.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:24 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
So are prepaid FHR (and other Amex travel bookings) elite qualifying for Hilton, Marriott, and Hyatt? It seems that they are based off of the cursory googling I’ve done but would love a confirmation from someone more familiar. This is important if the Amex Plat prepaid hotel credit is true.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Hotel: Salamander Resort and Spa in Middleburg, VA
Room: Estate Room
Check-in: I arrived after regular check-in time
Upgrade: Upgrade to Estate with Fireplace (glad to get anything because it looks like the hotel is sold out).
Late Checkout: Guaranteed late checkout at 4:00 PM was available. Going to check out around 1.
Breakfast Credit: $60 credit for breakfast each day
Amenity: $100 credit
Comment: we always love it here and this stay is no different. Luxury without pretentiousness.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 11:08 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by gr2020
Hotel: Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, Tucson, AZ
Booking: Booked 5 nights, 4th night free FHR promo, pay at Hotel, net $190/night (plus taxes and resort fees)
Room booked: 1 King Bed, Patio (Ventana) - this was the base room when booking
Upgrade: Grand Skyline/Mountain View King bed (at least I think this is what I got - this based on looking at the room descriptions and comparing with my room). This was on the top floor, I believe a 2-category upgrade.
Early Checkin: Didn't use, arrived after normal check-in time
Late Checkout: Offered to me at check-in; told them I likely would not need it, but they said the room is mine until 4pm either way
Breakfast Credit: Free breakfast for two, at either of two locations - not sure if there was a limit, was just me and I used between $15-25/day
Credits:$100 Property credit, used on dinner in lounge, drinks in lounge multiple nights, and golf pro shop charges
Comment: I really enjoyed my stay here, fantastic service from literally every staff member I interacted with. The FHR rate was also cheaper than booking direct for my dates, so all in all this worked out great.
I wonder if one books the Grand view, would they upgrade to a Suite?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:16 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Hotel: Palace Hotel San Francisco
Room: Superior Room
Check-in: Noon
Upgrade: Same room type, but upgraded to the highest floor with decent views.
Late Checkout: Guaranteed late checkout at 4:00 PM was available and used
Breakfast Credit: $40 allowance on breakfast
Amenity: $100 F&B credit
Comment: Stayed one night so I only paid around $125 thanks to the new hotel credit. Pied Piper Bar was neat with great wagyu burger, even better when free . Good stay overall.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: Haven't been flying for a while... :(
Hilton Vogue Hotel Montreal Downtown, August 2021

Room: 1 King 2 Room Parlor Suite
Check-in: not used
Upgrade: None. The Parlor Suite upgrades to the Presidential Suite, which was not available. Notably, it does not upgrade to the 1 Bedroom Suite, which appears to be a much pricier unit, though a slightly smaller configuration with a hot plate kitchenette.
Late Checkout: Guaranteed late checkout at 4:00 PM acknowledged; I ended up checking out just after noon.
Breakfast Credit: $30 CAD per person at the hotel restaurant, La Societe.
Amenity: $125 CAD service credits, usable on restaurant, mini-bar, room service, premium Wi-Fi, and parking(!!!)

I've read good things about the FHR experience here when it was under the Loews banner. I was worried that there might be changes now that it's a Hilton Curio. But I've got no complaints on this trip. I booked this with a 3rd Night Free FHR promo, bringing the cost up to $800 CAD for three nights.

The 2 Room Parlor Suite was incredible value at its price. Though it didn't cost much more than a 2 Double Bed room ($50 more per night?), it was effectively double the square footage. The layout is basically two adjoining rooms configured to have a king bed in one room and a sofa bed in the other. Which means there's two big desks, two full bathrooms, two entry doorways. Those two bathrooms helped out a lot; one of the bathrooms had a strong lingering scent of cigarette smoke, which was raised to front desk. Good service recovery there: they waived the valet parking fee of $45 CAD per night.

The restaurant was closed on the day following arrival, so a continental breakfast was delivered to the room instead. Otherwise, the restaurant was good for breakfast. $30pp goes a long way, with a sizeable breakfast plate coming in at $16. But I wouldn't bother with this place for dinner. Lacklustre in general, with overly breaded chicken Cordon Bleu and less than stellar catch of the day fish. Salty gravlax, even by my standards.

Paid at the hotel, and full points posted to Hilton Honors. I didn't get any real Hilton Gold recognition or benefits here other than the bonus points that come from booking the Curio Collection, but whatever; FHR benefits trump Hilton Gold easily.

Overall, just on the size and configuration of the room, it was definitely worth it. Having that amount of space and a separate bedroom made handling two kids that much easier. I can see why it's a Member Favorite.
seawolf likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lavalyn
Upgrade: None. The Parlor Suite upgrades to the Presidential Suite, which was not available. Notably, it does not upgrade to the 1 Bedroom Suite, which appears to be a much pricier unit, though a slightly smaller configuration with a hot plate kitchenette.
Late Checkout: Guaranteed late checkout at 4:00 PM acknowledged; I ended up checking out just after noon.
Amenity: $125 CAD service credits, usable on restaurant, mini-bar, room service, premium Wi-Fi, and parking(!!!)

I've read good things about the FHR experience here when it was under the Loews banner. I was worried that there might be changes now that it's a Hilton Curio. But I've got no complaints on this trip. I booked this with a 3rd Night Free FHR promo, bringing the cost up to $800 CAD for three nights.

The 2 Room Parlor Suite was incredible value at its price. Though it didn't cost much more than a 2 Double Bed room ($50 more per night?), it was effectively double the square footage. The layout is basically two adjoining rooms configured to have a king bed in one room and a sofa bed in the other. Which means there's two big desks, two full bathrooms, two entry doorways. Those two bathrooms helped out a lot; one of the bathrooms had a strong lingering scent of cigarette smoke, which was raised to front desk. Good service recovery there: they waived the valet parking fee of $45 CAD per night.

The restaurant was closed on the day following arrival, so a continental breakfast was delivered to the room instead. Otherwise, the restaurant was good for breakfast. $30pp goes a long way, with a sizeable breakfast plate coming in at $16. But I wouldn't bother with this place for dinner. Lacklustre in general, with overly breaded chicken Cordon Bleu and less than stellar catch of the day fish. Salty gravlax, even by my standards.

Paid at the hotel, and full points posted to Hilton Honors. I didn't get any real Hilton Gold recognition or benefits here other than the bonus points that come from booking the Curio Collection, but whatever; FHR benefits trump Hilton Gold easily.

Overall, just on the size and configuration of the room, it was definitely worth it. Having that amount of space and a separate bedroom made handling two kids that much easier. I can see why it's a Member Favorite.
La Societe is meh. Even with a $100USD, I wouldn’t get lunch/dinner from them given all the options available in Montreal. The two room suite is nice and so are the bathrooms.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:11 pm
Original Member

Waldorf Astoria Biltmore Phoenix

Hotel: Waldorf Astoria Biltmore
Room: 2 queen
Check-in: Didn’t utilize early check-in
Upgrade: Wasn’t offered any upgrade as I check-in via Hilton app and opted to receive digital keys and didn’t speak with front desk.
Late Checkout: Guaranteed late checkout at 4:00 PM was available
Breakfast Credit: $30 per person max $60 allowance on breakfast (restaurants or room service)
Amenity: $100 F&B credit
Comment: Stacked with the Hilton Gold/Diamond Food and Beverage credit ($50). Essentially a one night stay yield a credit of $210 ($100 + $60 + $50).
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
....check-in via Hilton app and opted to receive digital keys and didn’t speak with front desk.
Late Checkout: Guaranteed late checkout at 4:00 PM was available
How did you know that late checkout was available?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 8:18 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by mia
How did you know that late checkout was available?
I called the morning of departure when I decided to stay longer.
mia likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by ABG
I thought AU meant Authorized User for the ability to speak with Amex on behalf of the card holder. Was I wrong?
I’ve always thought that was an authorized financial manager. I am for my wife even when I’m not an additional user.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:42 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by lavalyn

I just completed a 3 night stay at Vogue Montreal taking advantage of FHR 3rd night free. Benefit definitely not as good as it was when it was a Loews. As a non-elite at Loews, base room upgraded to suite (multiple category) on multiple stays. FHR Breakfast credit used to be $30USD per person.

As Hilton Gold on FHR rate, base room upgraded only 1 category despite availability on higher categories. Breakfast credit is $30CAD but to be fair they did take off a $41CAD breakfast charge. La Societe is not open during weekdays for breakfast so breakfast is via room service but same as restaurant menu.

My FHR $100USD credit was applied to valet parking wiping out just shy of $130CAD.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:57 pm

Ojai Valley Inn
Upgrade: From Ojai Luxury Room to Vista Luxury room, supposedly this room type is larger and guaranteed a view

Early Checkin: Not used
Late Checkout: offered at check in and accepted, 4 pm
Amenity: $100 Credit, automatically applied to restaurant charge
Breakfast: $70 for two, not charged on bill
Nice stay, but $40 resort fee and $40 valet parking fee really piss me off on a $550/n room. Enough that I won't stay there again. And FHR did not clearly disclose those fees, just generically that there may be additional fees at the hotel. On the plus side, I got the room for $400 off with the $200 FHR credit and $200 travel credit.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:22 am

How do you complain to AMEX about lack of reasonable upgrade despite availability , or other FHR non-compliance ? Do you contact Amex Travel, the Concierge, the Platinum Travel line or the general customer care line ? Is there a point of contact that handles liaisons with FHR hotels ?

Also, how can one determine the room categories from/to which upgrades are eligible ?

Last edited by hoipolloi; Sep 19, 2021 at 8:16 am
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Each individual property designates how the ~$100 "amenity" is used. At some it is only for spa services, or dining, at others it may be a broad property credit. At some it will be applied automatically, at others you will need to "remind" them at checkout. Do you have a specific hotel in mind?
Does Amex travel agent knows the details of the credit or have to ask the hotel directly? I am looking at Raffles Dubai and St Regis Palm Dubai. And found it is difficult to get response thru emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.