Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Gasolin
For the room upgrade, it is said that certain category of rooms are not eligible for upgrade: is there any way to know this myself before booking? Or do I have to call PTS?
You have to call.

The common restrictions are (i) one category only, and (ii) no upgrades from rooms to suites.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Three stays at Four Seasons Scottsdale in the past three months, and three times there have been unexpected breakfast charges at checkout. The last two times, I received information at check-in which was different from the "policy" that was quoted at checkout. (This most recent stay, after surprises the past two stays, I explicitly asked what the policy was, and was told the credit was $66/day. I questioned the agent carefully and she responded "I've worked the front desk here for 7 years, I know what the policy is." Then at check-out, I was told it was $60/day.)

The amounts in question are not large, but I'm pissed that they can't give a straight answer about their policy, and have consistently hit me with extra charges at check-out contrary to the info that was provided at check-in.

Anyone know how I go about reporting this to AMEX?
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Here, perhaps: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...-stay/Feedback

...but it does say: If you experienced any issues with receiving your FINE HOTELS & RESORTS benefits, please contact Platinum or Centurion Travel Service.

Call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by mia; Aug 29, 2020 at 11:02 am
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Three stays at Four Seasons Scottsdale in the past three months, and three times there have been unexpected breakfast charges at checkout. The last two times, I received information at check-in which was different from the "policy" that was quoted at checkout. (This most recent stay, after surprises the past two stays, I explicitly asked what the policy was, and was told the credit was $66/day. I questioned the agent carefully and she responded "I've worked the front desk here for 7 years, I know what the policy is." Then at check-out, I was told it was $60/day.)

The amounts in question are not large, but I'm pissed that they can't give a straight answer about their policy, and have consistently hit me with extra charges at check-out contrary to the info that was provided at check-in.

My experience is that Amex does not care about these issues and will not follow up with you.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 7:39 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by 747FC
My experience is that Amex does not care about these issues and will not follow up with you.
and all the more reason to take your FS business away from Amex and towards another FS partner channel....
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Did you receive the survey post stay? Those surveys and if properties are ticking all the requirements of the program do matter. I have not asked the hotels I work with how hard it is to get booted. Many have mentioned how hard it is to be accepted.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 4:27 pm

Hotel: Conrad Fort Lauderdale (September 5 to September 7)
Room: Junior Suite Ocean View
Checkin: Arrived around 10:40 am. No line to check in. Room was available and we were allowed to check in.
Upgrade: Upgrade offered to 1 BR suite, but was on a lower floor, smaller balcony, and not immediately available. Since it was only 2 of us, decided to stay with original room which was near top floor.
Late Checkout: Offered and accepted. Room keys coded for 4pm checkout. No issues getting into our room after the normal 11am checkout time.
Breakfast Credit: $60 per day. Room service not available due to COVID. Used at main restaurant, Terra Mare. Credit could be used to cover gratuity.
Credits: $100 F&B credit. Enough to cover drinks and snack poolside one day and happy hour drinks in restaurant next day. Also, resort fee was $40/night, but given a $10 resort fee credit ($5/night) which I assume is to compensate for internet being included in FHR rate.
Comment: After reading a previous report, I was a little concerned about service, but front desk agent went over all the FHR benefits at check in. Junior suite was plenty of room for 2 people (and actually appreciated less surfaces to wipe down). Was told resort was "covid full" which was about half capacity. Took advantage of using 2 beach chairs and umbrella which is included with resort fee. Had to check out at the desk and the agent knew to take off the charges, but had to do it manually. Had to point out one charge she missed which she took off and all showed up correctly on my Amex account. Did "pay at hotel" option and did receive Hilton Honors points for the stay. Overall, a very pleasant stay.
MarkY123 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
do you still earn Marriott Bonvoy Points when booking through FHR? I know you used to in the Marriott Rewards system, but unsure about Bonvoy. Does Pre-paying or post-paying make a difference?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:32 pm
mia

Originally Posted by cfabar1
do you still earn Marriott Bonvoy Points when booking through FHR?.....
There is a report HERE, but because most hotels are franchised this may not be reliable.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:32 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
do you still earn Marriott Bonvoy Points when booking through FHR? I know you used to in the Marriott Rewards system, but unsure about Bonvoy. Does Pre-paying or post-paying make a difference?
the data points I have seen on this forum and over on the Bonvoy pages suggest only post-pay as the way to earn Bonvoy.
there is a rather long thread here with the last few pages being relevant to you
maybe others have better links?
Marriott's own STARS program might be interesting to you if you ever break away from Amex
mia likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone booked two rooms under one reservation via FHR? If so, did the hotel provide the $100 credit to each room or just one room?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:30 am
mia

Dated discussion here:. FHR benefits on multiple rooms booked w/ one card
Old Oct 4, 2020, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by ABG
the data points I have seen on this forum and over on the Bonvoy pages suggest only post-pay as the way to earn Bonvoy.
there is a rather long thread here with the last few pages being relevant to you
maybe others have better links?
Even the Marriott lurkers on FT can't answer this question accurately.

Best answer seems to be that 5x pre-pay (which books through Expedia) usually will not credit, and pay at property should credit, but nothing is guaranteed.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 2:17 pm

what if hotel's NOT serving breakfast?

If an FHR hotel is not serving breakfast (restaurant closed, no AM room service), what do you think happens with the free breakfast benefit?
Palace Hotel in SF says restaurants, gym, room service all closed. Will they comp us something in place of breakfast benefit and $100 credit? Or do we simply not get those benefits and that's it?
I called them, but apparently they're not even open even though they're taking online reservations.
Anyone have any idea how FHR properties are dealing with benefits they aren't able to fulfill?

Fairmont Seattle... same thing.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My guess would be no they won't comp you anything. You could try to negotiate with the front desk for a better room but "hey it's COVID" is the blanket excuse in the hospitality industry right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.