Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by arant
Hotel: Loew's Hotel Chicago (single night stay *2)
Upgrade: merely nothing (at least I don't see any distinctions), not even a corn room. Stayed twice, the first time is even a room right at the elevator - super noisy at night.
Early Checkin: NA.
Late Checkout: allowed.
Amenity: $100 F&B credit, covers tips. The room service surcharge is very high - I ordered ~30 food to room and was charged 50+.
Breakfast: 2 $30 credit. The food is... well, I won't visit it without credits, but it is not "bad".
Overall: I booked it because it was cheap ($~200/night) as a FHR. I won't complaint about it as the F&B credit makes it a great deal. But I am not happy with it either. The upgrade is totally nothing. I am a plat in Marriott and happened to stay at a sheraton between two visits. I felt I got a better upgraded room with marriott than FHR. Maybe I am expecting too much or so. But I am not that happy about the upgrade tbh.
I had two FHR stays here last summer. My upgrade was to a higher floor but otherwise same room. I did like the bar in the lobby with excellent bar food. Surcharge for room service indeed a bit crazy. I was happy with the FHR deal as a whole and I enjoyed my stay
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:47 pm

Park Hyatt Washington DC - 2 nights
Upgrade:
Booked base King room, upgraded to Park Junior Suite
Early Check-in: N/A.
Late Check-out: Took advantage of guaranteed 4:00pm check out.
Breakfast: Ok for room service, but we decided to eat in restaurant (Blue Duck Tavern). $40/pp. We went a few dollars over on both days, but both breakfasts were completely knocked off. Delicious. The tables closer to the glass exterior wall were very cold though.
WiFi: Included
Amenity: $100 property credit, used to cover both days of valet parking.
Overall Experience: Great stay and convenient location. The service is not as seamless/personable as other PHs (notably Zurich/Milan), but still friendly. Our room faced the Fairmont across the street. Great hard product - loved the shower/bath. Very restful sleep. Would be one of our top choices for our next visit. Our only regret is that we did not make time for dinner at the restaurant.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Four Seasons Singapore

Upgrade: Booked Premier room, upgraded to Executive Suite. Not sure this was much of an upgrade, as Executive Suite is really just a large junior suite with limited windows, whereas Premier room is on the corner, but still appreciated the gesture.
Early Check-in: Arrived around 1:30 pm, got into room immediately.
Late Check-out: Offered, not used.
Breakfast: Restaurant buffet. Okay, but nothing special for an Asian five-star.
WiFi: Standard wifi. Pretty slow at 4 mbs down.
Amenity: $100 F&B credit. Used on room service from property's Michelin one star Cantonese restaurant. (Which was good, but I was coming from Thailand, so it did not blow me away.)

This is a fantastic property. Room decor was absolutely beautiful. Two nice pools and an extremely well-equipped fitness center. I had a massage, which was outstanding, and very reasonably priced at $235 SGD for 90 minutes. Service was generally excellent, though there was a bit of hiccup getting a car to the airport in the morning. I usually stay at St. Regis nearby, and Four Seasons wins easily on room decor and pools (nicest I've seen in Singapore). A great FHR value during a week when base rooms at the Grand Hyatt, JW, Westin, and Marriott Tang Plaza were going for $700 SGD . . . .
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by KingBraden
I don't actually plan on complaining or demanding anything. I'm excited about the stay and terms even without the benefit. I'm just curious what happens when a hotel offers a benefit well below $100. (And I'm much less likely to complain as the value of the benefit is so low because of the Argentine currency crisis so what was a $100 benefit in January is now a $50 benefit)
As as an update it would have been nearly impossible to get $100 out of dinner. Unless you were allowed to order three main courses per person. The most expensive option was the all inclusive buffet at $20.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by Kacee
re·course: "the legal right to demand compensation or payment."
I am not upset by this property not meeting the requirements. I'm curious what would happen if a property I cared about did not meet the requirement.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Conrad Hong Kong
Upgrade: from cheapest city view to Executive Harbour View on a high floor and access to lounge (with Hilton Gold)

Early Check-in: noon
Late Check-out: 4 pm
Breakfast: Buffet at the Garden Cafe
Amenity: $100 (~720 HKD) food and beverage credit. Not valid for room service or mini-bar - not written anywhere on the hotel FHR introduction sheet, unlike other FHR properties which list exceptions. Front desk claimed I was informed at check-in.. I guess, probably. Eventually credit was applied to room service.

Overall Experience: Service was good. Location is great. Harbour view so-so with unsightly roof tops of other buildings in front. Bathroom condition not the greatest.

Last edited by beep88; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:15 pm
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:15 am

Has anyone stayed at Villa Del Sol - Zihuatanejo? Looking to do a 4 night stay, interested in hearing experiences about the property. Dining options, upgrade received through FHR, etc. Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
St. Regis Bangkok - 2 rooms x 4 nights in early november
Upgrade:
Booked Grand-Deluxe Room, 1 upgraded to St. Regis Suite (+3 categories), the other one not upgraded because hotel was full.
Early Check-in: GD room ready at 8.30 am, st. regis suite ready at 9:30 am
Late Check-out: wedidn't need it.
Breakfast: included at Viu restaurant. Both buffet and a-la-carte. Great spread and quality!
Amenity: 13 course dinner for 2 at Jojo or Viu. We booked at Jojo! Very good (and i'm Italian!). Drink excluded. Worth much more than 100$!
Overall Experience: Great stay, convenient location. Veryvery good service (non spotless). Great bed and great views from room/suite. The suite was huge (more than 100smq). I'm Marriott PPE and received also status benefits (such as free drink vouchers and complimentary laundry).
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Has anyone stayed at the IC Carlton Cannes? Staying over winter so hopefully an empty hotel = good upgrade
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by mjbdiamond
Has anyone stayed at the IC Carlton Cannes? Staying over winter so hopefully an empty hotel = good upgrade
My last stay there was in March, booked a basic room, got upgraded to one of their best room, top floor (newest room), due to a mistake, the room only had a king bed (we required two single bed), as a result they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite with sea view, fantastic hotel, excellent service, enjoy your stay
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by pvgman
My last stay there was in March, booked a basic room, got upgraded to one of their best room, top floor (newest room), due to a mistake, the room only had a king bed (we required two single bed), as a result they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite with sea view, fantastic hotel, excellent service, enjoy your stay
Wow, sounds incredible - was this booking through FHR or via IHG status?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Relatively new user of AMEX FHR program. I booked 4 nights over NYE at the WA Berlin. I have Diamond status and emailed the hotel regarding status benefits, they stated i would not receive any but only the AMEX FHR benefits. Can anyone clarify if this is correct or are they not playing ball?

Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Relatively new user of AMEX FHR program. I booked 4 nights over NYE at the WA Berlin. I have Diamond status and emailed the hotel regarding status benefits, they stated i would not receive any but only the AMEX FHR benefits. Can anyone clarify if this is correct or are they not playing ball?
No, that's not correct, but this property is renowned for very poor treatment of Hilton elites. One of the worst anywhere in the world for that.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Yeah i read the WA threat over on HH, so can anyone point me in the direction of where this might be in terms of T&Cs? just so i can rebut their last email.

Cheers,
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Hilton Honors terms are here:

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html

I think you are looking for this section, and to use it you will need to know how FHR reservations are transmitted to the property:

Qualification for all on-property Hilton Honors benefits, including complimentary Internet and MyWay benefits such as complimentary snacks and beverages, complimentary continental breakfast and space-available upgrades, requires a confirmed reservation made through one of the following channels:
  • Any official direct Hilton hotel brand or Hilton Honors website (for example, Hilton Honors.com, Hilton.com, Hampton.com, etc.),
  • Hilton Reservations & Customer Care phone line (1-800-4HONORS or local Hilton reservations office),
  • Hilton Honors or Hilton mobile application,
  • Directly at a hotel in the Hilton Portfolio, or
  • Through an IATA accredited retail travel agent professional ("Travel Agent") booking through a Hilton channel or the following Global Distribution Systems: Amadeus, Apollo/Galileo, Worldspan and SABRE.

On-property benefits are not awarded in the following circumstances:
  • Reservations booked through a non-Hilton-direct booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel,
  • Rates available on "opaque" websites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the booking is made, or
  • Third party hotel packages or travel packages not booked through one of the eligible channels.
  • Booking ineligible stays, (as defined in the Accrual of Points section) unless hotel contract has specific benefits included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.