Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:21 am

Eden Roc at Cap Cana

booked 4th night free promotion (@ bar rate) but the hotel had 20% off booking direct so that only saved 5%...

Upgrade: Luxury pool junior suite upgraded to Luxury pool 1 bedroom suite. (about a $200/night upgrade)
Early Check-in: didn't use
Late Check-out: Yes, we left at 3 or so.
Breakfast: included in rate, but with FHR they would waive the $40 delivery fee (!!!) if you want room service breakfast.
Amenity: 3 course meal for 2 at any restaurant. (not including alcohol or tax/tip) they give you this 8x10" certificate you have to present which was a little tacky.

the "free" dinner wasn't removed from the folio but the front desk removed it no big deal.
wifi is included in all rooms so no benefit there.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:26 am

Shangri-La Toronto

Booked 3 one bedroom suites, all 3 upgraded to deluxe one bedroom suite. Was told FHR gets auto 1 category upgrade.
Amenity was $100 USD converted to CAD per room. Good for spa, restaurant or in-room.
Breakfast is deluxe breakfast, which is continental + 1 entree for 2. Kids are free.
4PM check-out offered.

Check-in for room #1 wasn't available until 3'ish. Room #2 was ready shortly after. Room #3 was closer to 4, but I had to call as they seemingly forgot about it.

Overall experience was mediocre. Hard product is showing signs of wear. Soft product is congruent with a 3 star hotel, not warm or friendly. However, it was professional.

Breakfast quality was disappointing. Servers got orders incorrect every day. Also, very random with how credits were applied. I'm sure the randomness of how our party was seated didn't help. They provided kids menu with coloring every morning, but only provided crayons on 1 day. We had to ask for them on the other 3 days.

They didn't attempt to make our children feel welcome, with the exception of their pool staff and one of their engineers that I chatted with on an elevator ride during our 3rd day. He asked if our kids received a stuffed moose during check-in, which we didn't. He went out of his way to bring a few to our room. Staff also asked if our kids got to see their apiary during check-out, which we didn't because no one told us about it. I think they could do a better job in this area. The Ritz and 4S always provide consistently good service for kids.

Cleaning staff also forgot to refill some toiletries and left a dirty rag in the room. Minor issues throughout.

Best parts were the spacious rooms, pool and location. Worst was the kids experience and food. I'm not especially fond of the Yorkville area so will probably stick with the Ritz going forward.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by kevneerg
Booked 3 one bedroom suites, all 3 upgraded to deluxe one bedroom suite. Was told FHR gets auto 1 category upgrade.
Amenity was $100 USD converted to CAD per room. Good for spa, restaurant or in-room.
Breakfast is deluxe breakfast, which is continental + 1 entree for 2. Kids are free.
4PM check-out offered.

Check-in for room #1 wasn't available until 3'ish. Room #2 was ready shortly after. Room #3 was closer to 4, but I had to call as they seemingly forgot about it.

Overall experience was mediocre. Hard product is showing signs of wear. Soft product is congruent with a 3 star hotel, not warm or friendly. However, it was professional.

Breakfast quality was disappointing. Servers got orders incorrect every day. Also, very random with how credits were applied. I'm sure the randomness of how our party was seated didn't help. They provided kids menu with coloring every morning, but only provided crayons on 1 day. We had to ask for them on the other 3 days.

They didn't attempt to make our children feel welcome, with the exception of their pool staff and one of their engineers that I chatted with on an elevator ride during our 3rd day. He asked if our kids received a stuffed moose during check-in, which we didn't. He went out of his way to bring a few to our room. Staff also asked if our kids got to see their apiary during check-out, which we didn't because no one told us about it. I think they could do a better job in this area. The Ritz and 4S always provide consistently good service for kids.

Cleaning staff also forgot to refill some toiletries and left a dirty rag in the room. Minor issues throughout.

Best parts were the spacious rooms, pool and location. Worst was the kids experience and food. I'm not especially fond of the Yorkville area so will probably stick with the Ritz going forward.
I always find it funny how drastic hotel experiences can differ from guest to guest. I can't attest to traveling with a large group/kids, but I can agree that the hard product was showing a few signs of age. On the other hand, I thought the service during my stay was fantastic and the breakfast was one of the best I've had.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:51 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by kevneerg
They didn't attempt to make our children feel welcome,
Which is the main weakness of FHR..... You are a faceless client with no background given.
To give you a different example, I've had clients arrive to personalized pink pillow cases and pink balloons for their 4 year old pink obsessed daughter in suite.
on the final day she was given a box of pink macaroons for the trip home.
why? because their background was feed to the hotel before they arrived and allowed the hotel to be ready to impress!
With FHR you are one of 10-20 arrivals on any given day. Unless you are a repeat, the hotel doesn't even know where in the world you are from
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:55 pm

I wasn't expecting any grand gesture or bespoke service, especially when booking via fhr. however, It sounded like kids are each provided a stuffed animal at check-in when I spoke with the engineer and they failed in that regard. also, the multiple failures in their restaurant where they didn't provide crayons. they also didn't have kids cups or utensils.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by habshabs444
Room Upgrade: Yes, from Canyon guestroom to 1 bedroom Canyon suite after some prodding. After reading the FHR T&Cs after the fact, I realized that the room upgrade here is only to a better view room
Early Checkin: Not used
Late Checkout: Offered, but not used
Daily Breakfast: $80 room service or at the main Phoenician building
Special Amenity: $100 USD property credit
Promotion: 4th night free

Is this still valid? A $80 credit each day for breakfast / room service?
Is the $100 property credit just credited on the final bill?

Last edited by mia; Aug 8, 2018 at 7:48 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Peninsula Hotel - Chicago

Booked two rooms for 3 nights, with the 3rd night being free utilizing a FHR offer.

Upgrade
: No upgrade was available. Hotel was completely sold out as it was Lallapalooza weekend.
Early Check-in: Both were available when we arrived at 2:30pm.
Late Check-out: Late check-out was offered but we did not need.
Breakfast: $72 per room, per day was offered. Could be used in both hotel restaurants or towards room service.
Amenity: $100 property credit, per room. This was taken off the total bill without asking at check-out. *** I do not believe this can be used towards spa retail or parking ***
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The Beekman, NYC

Upgrade: Booked Deluxe King, upgraded two categories to Studio Suite. This was the upgrade I was hoping for. Worth about $200 per night. Nice sized room.
Early Check-in: I arrived around 11:30 a.m. and they got me right into the room.
Late Check-out: Gave me 4 p.m. without having to ask. I wound up checking out at 3 p.m.
Breakfast: $30 per person credit per day only in the Temple Court restaurant (no room service). I was flying solo, they gave me $60 per day. A "full" breakfast runs $34 excluding tax and tip, so the benefit is a little weak. I was not impressed with the menu or the food (see below).
WiFi: I selected the "premium" (10 mbps) which costs $10 per day versus the "free" regular (3 mbps). Removed from bill.
Amenity: $100 per stay restaurant/bar credit. Can only be used in Temple Court or the bar - cannot be used for room service. I did not use any of mine.

So overall the value here was very good with the early check-in, late check-out, free premium wifi, and a nice room upgrade.

I was a little disappointed with the breakfast benefit and the food and beverage amenity. There's another restaurant, Augustine, attached to the hotel, and it has a fantastic breakfast/brunch. Unfortunately, you can't take breakfast or use the amenity in Augustine. Nor can you use it for room service. These policies strike me as a bit over-restrictive. Nonetheless, I feel I still got very good value from the FHR rate, as noted above.

General comments. Fantastic downtown location. Beautifully restored building with a stunning atrium, bar, and restaurant spaces. Staff were really great, especially at the door. But the vibe here is a bit young for me. The bar is currently a hot-spot, packed with a 20 something crowd, and it stays loud and rowdy right up to the 1 a.m. close. They blast pop in the restaurant at breakfast - a time when I'd much prefer soft jazz or classical. The restaurant, Temple Court, is relentlessly hipster-ish, with $12 avocado toast, pork belly hash, under-cooked eggs, and coffee brewed from tragically under roasted beans (fortunately there's a Dunkin Donuts right across the street).
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Park Hyatt Washington

Upgrade: Booked an entry-level King Bed. My recollection is that the rate I booked was only $25 more than what I could have done via Hyatt. Upgraded to a Park Suite. Nice. Appreciated the extra half-bath.
Early check-in: Didn't get there early enough to use it. Probably just as well, since it seemed pretty clear that the bump all the way up to Park Suite (usually just get bumped to Junior Suite) was because one or two of the Park Suites were just opening up (i.e., post-late-checkout).
Late check-out: Offered proactively, accepted, and used to the max, with pleasure.
Breakfast: Listed as $40x2 and, indeed, that was what it was. Covered all we wanted to eat and more (coffee, a dish each, sides, tip).
Credit: $100, which was basically a very nice bottle of French wine with dinner at the Blue Duck Tavern. The hotel is very good, the restaurant fantastic, and the credit plus the breakfasts is what really makes this deal sing.

Everything handled in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable fashion by staff at both check-in and check-out. Great value for money.
levilevi and tearex like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by DG206
Ritz-Carlton Denver, June 16-17

Right off the bat here No Marriott points have posted to my Marriott account. Might have to do a missing stay request, number was put in at desk during check in but not showing up a month later. Anyone run into this before?

Anyway, just looking for quick weekend getaway, thought we would head to Denver for the weekend. Booking through FHR was same price as directly with Ritz- $289 plus tax

Upgrade: "city view" which was apparently an upgrade, didn't see much in the way of city but still a very nice room
Early Check-in: Not available if we wanted the "upgrade". Was fine, dropped off our luggage and got brunch, they called around 2pm when room was ready
Late Check-out: Yes, honored 4pm which was great since we had a late flight
Breakfast: $30 per person credit in restaurant for two guests ($60 total), actually quite good food as well.
Amenity: $100 property credit. Good for restaurant and bar. As stated above the restaurant, Elways, was actually quite good, definitely got some late night bites after a few drinks

So before taxes and not including the "upgrade", not a bad deal. Still waiting on the points to Marriott though
Update on Marriott points: Wound up not posting, had to sit on hold for about 1.5hrs to get them credited
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
W South Beach, Miami, FL

Stayed in late June for 1 night. SPG Plat 75.
Upgrade: Who knows? Booked studio 3rd floor, received studio high floor, ocean view.
Early Checkin: Had to wait 1 hour for the room around 1pm. Official: Noon check-in when avaliable
Late Checkout: Checked-out at 3PM. Official: 4PM late check-out
Amenity: $100 Food and Beverage Credit (does not apply to Mr. Chow). Mostly used for dinner - prices are high, so easy to spend.
Breakfast: $?? per guest (up to 2). Officially: Daily breakfast for 2: Chef's Table at The Dutch (buffet) or Whatever Whenever Breakfast through in-room dining.
Addtl: in-room WiFi up to 3 devices.

I was satisfied with my stay.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DG206
Update on Marriott points: Wound up not posting, had to sit on hold for about 1.5hrs to get them credited
That has nothing to do with AMEX or FHR. Marriott is a disaster right now.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Casa Marina, Waldorf Astoria, Key West
Upgrade: Booked standard king, upgraded to ocean front king with balcony.
Early Check-in: I arrived around 10 a.m. and they got me right into the room.
Late Check-out: Gave me 4 p.m and verified at check in if I would use, which we did.
Breakfast: Buffet in a few rooms that are normal meeting spaces, main dining the Flager ballroom being renovated. Good selection, well stocked.
WiFi: I did not use.
Amenity: $100 per stay restaurant/bar credit. We used at spencers by the sea, the sister property.

Overall an okay stay. The room needs updating and better attention to detail in regards to cleaning. Nespresso coffee maker and no coffee mugs or cups. Ended up using wine glasses, classy. The staff were meh. Definitely not up to the Waldorf Standard. The beach needs to be cleaned. So much rotting seaweed. Lastly, the piers need to be fixed. 1 year after Irma and no attempt at any form of fixing.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
The Roosevelt, Waldorf Astoria, New Orleans
Stayed Monday - Thursday
Upgrade:
Booked a superior king bed, upgraded to a king suite on the 12th floor.
Early Check-in: Arrived at 1:00pm and was able to check in to room.
Late Check-out: Took advantage of guaranteed 4:00pm check out.
Breakfast: $60 credit for use at either The Fountain Lounge or Teddy's Cafe. A caveat: On the second day of my stay, The Fountain Lounge was doing light kitchen renovations so they provided a buffet (which had a nice spread, including DYI Lox Bagels). The other days, I took full advantage of the $60 credit for breakfast
WiFi: Included
Amenity: $100 property credit, used at the gift shop for souvenirs.
Overall Experience: My first trip to New Orleans and The Roosevelt made it a memorable one. A lot of charm in the hotel and I enjoyed the upgraded room. Service with personal concierge was attentive and professional. The only downside I can think of was the bathroom was very small for a suite.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Palace Hotel Tokyo

Upgrade: Club Deluxe Room King Bed With Palace View and lounge access upgraded to include same status room with balcony. Balcony great for picture taking of palace grounds.

Early Check-in: Standard is Noon subject to availability. We were in our room by 10:15 AM after contracting with hotel for limo pickup and early hotel-arranged tour guide. YMMV.

Wifi: Fast and we connected our four devices. Free

Late Check-out: Standard is 4:00. We checked out at 3:00

Breakfast: Can use either lounge or downstairs restaurant

Amenity: $100 F&B, which used for room service to almost offset the price of one (large) bento box diner from their premier Japanese restaurant.

Great stay/Great Hotel Posted a review in Tokyo Luxury Hotel forum.

P.S.: The lounge access was nice, particularly the attentive service of the desk staff.

Last edited by 747FC; Oct 2, 2018 at 12:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.