Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only (2017-2019)

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only (2017-2019)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 27, 19, 3:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: UAzip
Wiki Link
CAUTION: In February 2019, American Airlines changed the coding of gift card transactions. Although there are a few successful data points since, in general, Gift Card purchases are now explicitly identified, and no longer reimbursed by American Express.

Reminder: you must enroll and select AA as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. "Please call the number on the back of your Card to select a qualifying airline."


Data Points on automatically reimbursed incidentals since 2017:

Admirals Club Memberships:
Admirals Club Passes:
Admirals Club Food/Drinks:
Award Cancellation Fee*:
Award Taxes/Fees:
Baggage*:
Change Fee*:
Close-In Ticket Fee*:
Elite 500-mile Stickers:
Elite Challenges:
External Reservation Fee:
Five Star Service:
Infant Fees: MCE/Seat Selection:
Mileage Multipler: Pet Fee*: Same Day Flight Change: Upfares:
Upgrades:

Wifi is provided by one of three third-party providers and is thus not eligible for the incidental credit.

* For items not automatically reimbursed but which are not excluded by Amex, you can try and request manual reimbursement from American Express; however, you may need to wait 14-28 days first.

To review AA reimbursement reports from 2011-2016 as well as information on gift cards, click HERE.





Print Wikipost

Old Jan 15, 17, 2:30 am
  #151  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 36
I purchased with PRG

$50 gc on 1/3, reimbursed 1/5
$50 gc on 1/7, reimbursed 1/9

It says reimbursed on the 1/5 and 1/9 but it seemed a little later, about a day, until I saw it in my account. Although I did see that I exhausted my credits before it was officially on my statement.

Now, I've upgraded to Platinum and am working on a $5k spend for 50k MR points. This is a rookie question, but will my $200 AA GC I am about to buy for the reimbursements as a Platinum account count toward the spending requirement?
itcheroni is offline  
Old Jan 15, 17, 9:07 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 62
Has anyone got reimbursed on GC purchase after 12th? Till last week description of charge was misc sale and now it shows as ticket?
These is how it is posted now.

JAN12 AMERICAN AIRLINES - 800-433-7300, TX $100.00
JAN6 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement -$50.00
JAN 4 AA MISC SALE/ TAX/ FDALLAS TX $50.00
jasmians is offline  
Old Jan 15, 17, 1:35 pm
  #153  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 863
Is anyone not getting reimbursed for AA egift cards or is it just me? I bought them on Jan 1st.
elkhornne is offline  
Old Jan 15, 17, 10:33 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by jasmians View Post
Has anyone got reimbursed on GC purchase after 12th? Till last week description of charge was misc sale and now it shows as ticket?
These is how it is posted now.

JAN12 AMERICAN AIRLINES - 800-433-7300, TX $100.00
JAN6 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement -$50.00
JAN 4 AA MISC SALE/ TAX/ FDALLAS TX $50.00
My charge on the 10th was reimbursed and was described as additional collection. However the one I made on the 13th has not hit my benefits page yet, and is described as misc taxes/fees.
2010sf is offline  
Old Jan 15, 17, 11:05 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 3,616
Originally Posted by elkhornne View Post
Is anyone not getting reimbursed for AA egift cards or is it just me? I bought them on Jan 1st.
It might be just you. What was the GC amount?
Stgermainparis is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 7:46 am
  #156  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
It might be just you. What was the GC amount?
4 @ $50.00 each
elkhornne is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 8:19 am
  #157  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
I don't have a DP on 01/12 or later, but can confirm that a 01/10 transaction with the "new" description did get reimbursed like normal.

Originally Posted by jasmians View Post
Has anyone got reimbursed on GC purchase after 12th? Till last week description of charge was misc sale and now it shows as ticket?
These is how it is posted now.

JAN12 AMERICAN AIRLINES - 800-433-7300, TX $100.00
JAN6 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement -$50.00
JAN 4 AA MISC SALE/ TAX/ FDALLAS TX $50.00
KurFTBiz is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 9:19 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 62
AA GC charge was reimbursed. Transaction description has changed on AA GC purchase.

Last edited by jasmians; Jan 16, 17 at 9:20 am Reason: Typos
jasmians is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 9:31 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 1,174
Purchased 2x $100 AA gift card on the 12th and reimbursed on the 14th.
hamburglar is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 2:00 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 18
Purchased on 1/10, reimbursed 2 days later. 1 x $100 virtual gift card
mirob is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 5:00 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by elkhornne View Post
Is anyone not getting reimbursed for AA egift cards or is it just me? I bought them on Jan 1st.


Between me and my wife have two Amex platinum , two regular platinum and two Amex Gold, I bought all American airlines gift cards at increments of $100 on 01/04/17 and now is 01/16/17 and no reimbursements.
FHER0920 is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 6:24 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by 2010sf View Post
My charge on the 10th was reimbursed and was described as additional collection. However the one I made on the 13th has not hit my benefits page yet, and is described as misc taxes/fees.
same boat as you, identical charges.

can you let me know if your benefits tab updates after 630pm PST?
chetoc230 is offline  
Old Jan 16, 17, 10:51 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by chetoc230 View Post
same boat as you, identical charges.

can you let me know if your benefits tab updates after 630pm PST?
My benefits tab actually changed overnight, and it states I've used the full $200 now. Fingers crossed tomorrow I get the credit...
2010sf is offline  
Old Jan 17, 17, 5:22 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by FHER0920 View Post
Between me and my wife have two Amex platinum , two regular platinum and two Amex Gold, I bought all American airlines gift cards at increments of $100 on 01/04/17 and now is 01/16/17 and no reimbursements.
Must be me for some reason?
elkhornne is offline  
Old Jan 17, 17, 6:12 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by 2010sf View Post
My benefits tab actually changed overnight, and it states I've used the full $200 now. Fingers crossed tomorrow I get the credit...
my reimbursement posted, all is good.
chetoc230 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: