FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only (2017-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1812734-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-aa-only-2017-2019-a.html)

multicamp Feb 7, 2019 9:08 am

Last year, on my statement the merchant on record read "American Airlines." I was reimbursed properly. This year, in my pending transactions, for this years reimbursement, the merchant on record reads "AA ARC." I haven't been reimbursed yet and I don't expect to be for another day or so. I wonder if something changed recently regarding the reimbursement rates for February?

mia Feb 7, 2019 9:16 am

Originally Posted by multicamp (Post 30750183)
....wonder if something changed recently ....

Every year there are dry periods in which no reimbursements are made, and then they catch up. We don't know why. It could simply be that they need the IT capacity for something else, or it could affect someone's bonus.

It's also common for transactions made on specific dates to be skipped. If you wait patiently they will likely be picked up when they run another type of process.

sk1985 Feb 7, 2019 9:23 am

1/31 - 2 ($100)

Purchased two $100 E-gift cards through AA.com on Jan 31 // Meter has not been depleted and credit has not posted as of 2/7 // Coded as "Travel-Airline" // Amex Platinum

Anyone else had their gift card purchase coded that way and get reimbursed?

yoshapman Feb 7, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30750202)
Every year there are dry periods in which no reimbursements are made, and then they catch up. We don't know why. It could simply be that they need the IT capacity for something else, or it could affect someone's bonus.

It's also common for transactions made on specific dates to be skipped. If you wait patiently they will likely be picked up when they run another type of process.

I remember reading here last year at the end of November I think there was a day that was skipped. Did those people eventually get reimbursed without calling? I don't mind if it takes longer, but unsure what to do if it doesn't get reimbursed at all.

Javier1704 Feb 7, 2019 9:47 am

Sometimes I feel lost, without direction, depressed and crying... then I see that Mia replied and I know she will bring light to darkness. :)

moparman915 Feb 8, 2019 8:23 am

Purchased $150 AA gift card with Hilton Aspire on Jan 31, no reimbursement or deduction in airline incidental benefit as of this morning Feb 8. Looks like the Hilton Aspire is having a delay based on other posts.

mia Feb 8, 2019 8:55 am

Every year there are dry periods in which no reimbursements are made, .....

It's February. The short month disrupts scheduling. For example, two accounts that usually close on the 10th, closed on the 7th (yesterday). This workload compression likely means that some IT tasks are deferred, and I am suggesting that Airline Fee reimbursements are one of them.

Amillman Feb 9, 2019 8:25 am

L

Originally Posted by Javier1704 (Post 30738295)
Purchased 2 x $100 AA eGC and 1 x $50 eGC on Thursday and still not reimbursed or counter depleted. It has always been reimbursed in 2 days for me. Not worried or anything, just a data point since I haven't seen anyone reporting positive outcomes in February.

Also, paid the ticket difference (around $117) using my Platinum... let's see if that gets reimbursed.

Will update soon.

———

any update here? I am in the same boat. Looked at the ticker and still said $200/$200 as of this morning.

Javier1704 Feb 9, 2019 8:29 am

Nothing as of this morning.

weather3369 Feb 9, 2019 9:02 am

1x$100 AA eGC (bought on desktop) on my gold amex on 1/31. no credit as of this morning, no change in meter

nocigar Feb 9, 2019 10:18 am

Originally Posted by nocigar (Post 30749226)
Purchased $200 AA EGC on 2/5... No reduction in fee. Also incurred $100 in taxes associated with booking a flight with points. No action there either although I suppose those were in concert with booking travel.

$200 credit posted 2/7. Thanks!

kapooncha Feb 9, 2019 11:13 am

Originally Posted by sk1985 (Post 30750230)
Purchased two $100 E-gift cards through AA.com on Jan 31 // Meter has not been depleted and credit has not posted as of 2/7 // Coded as "Travel-Airline" // Amex Platinum

Anyone else had their gift card purchase coded that way and get reimbursed?

Thanks for your data point. Running into the same problem but with SW EGC. I've had purchases on all my eligible cards credit before 1/31 and after 1/31. Every single purchase has credited. The only one that hasn't is a $75 EGC that I purchased on 1/31.

So something happened on 1/31 that make AMEX stupid.

aegilello Feb 9, 2019 2:41 pm

i think the common denominator is the date of 01/31. i still haven't been reimbursed for the aa gift card purchase from that date.

nall Feb 9, 2019 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by aegilello (Post 30758686)
i think the common denominator is the date of 01/31. i still haven't been reimbursed for the aa gift card purchase from that date.

Seems so. I charged an AA fee on 1/31 to one card, and another a few days later to another Amex. The latter is reflected in the benefit meter, but the former is not.

Semper0369 Feb 9, 2019 9:05 pm

Did a test on Biz Plat before I pulled the trigger on all other ones

2/7 - Purchased $200 AA gift card
2/9 - Posted and fee credit shows use for this year, expecting 2/10 or 2/11 to be reimbursed (will update once reimbursement post)
Edit: reimbursement posted 2/10