Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:37 am
Original Poster

The saga continues in 2017

2016 Thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...am-2016-a.html

Last edited by SteveT; Jan 2, 2017 at 6:39 am Reason: Link correction
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:19 pm

Subscribed. And still trying to get an invite!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:51 pm

Every day I am filled with hope...and then I check my mailbox.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:44 pm

Still ...

Last year I posted

Saga seems all so sadly appropriate. Although I have seen - throughout the quest - benefits have diminished for Centurion and the gap with Platinum bridged. Furthermore other cards are ramping things up and also bridging the gap and filling the void for high spenders that also want perks.

While invitations are clearly sparse (to put it mildly) I wonder today what the acceptance rate is versus years ago together with all that has happened and other options.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!! Sadly
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:31 am

well I just signed up for the business plat card on dec 15. Ive already charged 94k onto it as it was an extra busy month. Is the 500k yearly average still valid to get an invite in the US? That would make for a nice christmas next year
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:20 am

From what I have seen over the past year or two on the Business Plat requirements, people are spending over 2Million $ per year and still not getting an invite. I thought that 500k for personal was about right, but business is way higher.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:38 am

i guess that doesnt bode well for my chances than. I am probably only going over 1 million this year.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:17 am

I am so disappointed after all my prior requests and loyalty of over 20 years with significant spend and utilizing different accounts (although Platinum alone sufficient) that I am migrating spending to other products. More perks and better treatment/respect.

Throughout the years ears have been so loyal. Referred friends. Even teased about being their walking commercial- and have "qualified" and "requested " a few times only to get insulting lip service.

For Amex using Everyday Preferred for points - Delta to hit medallion and Infinite Visa (City National Bank) - they have the perks. Keep the platinum but why give my business when not treated as I should?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:19 am

whats your yearly spend?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by jstbrwsing
i guess that doesnt bode well for my chances than. I am probably only going over 1 million this year.
That's still a lot of spend, I'd assume if you keep up 1 million per year you'll probably be looking pretty good after a few years but I am not a holder! Best of luck in your endeavor.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by jstbrwsing
whats your yearly spend?
a solid 750 to 1m (personal) and luxury stuff. Restaurants and high end stores. More and this is over years. Not a one off. Also couple of hundred on corporate
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:46 pm

Pretty sure it isn't spend threshold based anymore. I'm sure there's a minimum, I'll say likely $250k/yr for more than a year... But I doubt it has to do with that (as much as it used to).

There have been people who spent over $1m/yr for 5+ years and haven't gotten one. And then there have been folks (even last year), who barely broke $300k/yr for a couple years, and got one.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:57 pm

thought on black card

for personal or business spend must be over 1M per year MIN now.

pretty sure personal spend threshold is actually higher than business and for the personal card they are looking for more luxury purchases.

have to have basically flawless credit....Under 835 and you don't get one anymore....amex monitors this monthly....

have to look at it this way....if you run 2 M through the card per year AMEX makes approx 30K per year off of you...trust me...anyone who runs 2 M + a year through will get the invite....only a matter of time
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:22 pm

Do you actually have credible confirmation of this, or is this just speculative based on what you've seen / what you think?

I ask because I know of actual people who didn't meet anything you listed in your post, and got personal invites in 2016.

Also, FYI, most people who can run $2m/yr through their Amex Plat don't actually have 835+ FICO scores.

You'll find the people with the best FICO scores aren't super rich yet. And the super rich don't care enough about their FICO scores, nor do they need to care.

Last edited by mia; Jan 6, 2017 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by mileschlinger
for personal or business spend must be over 1M per year MIN now.

pretty sure personal spend threshold is actually higher than business and for the personal card they are looking for more luxury purchases.

have to have basically flawless credit....Under 835 and you don't get one anymore....amex monitors this monthly....

have to look at it this way....if you run 2 M through the card per year AMEX makes approx 30K per year off of you...trust me...anyone who runs 2 M + a year through will get the invite....only a matter of time
where are you sourcing this information from?

I ran 4M in 2016 and am over 800 FICO and have not received an invite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.