Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Just got the following email today....

Dear Mr XXX,

Some invitations are more significant than others. They offer a rare opportunity to explore new levels of experience that can be, quite simply, life-changing. It is my great pleasure to inform you that you are eligible to apply for Centurion membership.

THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CENTURION

This world is by its very nature an exclusive one. Centurion membership opens the door to a myriad of possibilities and gives access to a remarkable lifestyle.

I’m sure you will appreciate that I am unable to convey a true sense of this world via email; it requires a little more time, space and attention.

To receive your personalised invitation containing more information about Centurion benefits, please email your name to the address below:
I am UK based - typical spend Ł1m - Ł2m per annum for past 3 years

Last edited by mia; May 25, 2017 at 10:00 am Reason: Formatting
Old May 25, 2017, 5:56 pm

Nice! Congrats!

And thanks for sharing.

I'm going to nudge Amex USA a bit again to see if they'll finally send me an invite. I have more than qualified for years now (spend, score, luxury purchases, history with Amex).
Old May 25, 2017, 11:51 pm

Good Luck!!!!

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Nice! Congrats!

And thanks for sharing.

I'm going to nudge Amex USA a bit again to see if they'll finally send me an invite. I have more than qualified for years now (spend, score, luxury purchases, history with Amex).
Disappointed - I gave up. I am however seeing the benefits of other cards and am using them. Wile consolidation would be great because of all the annual fees. I am at least getting benefits. Just hating a fat wallet.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by nimeta
Just got the following email today....

I am UK based - typical spend Ł1m - Ł2m per annum for past 3 years
Interesting, UK invites must be getting processed now, I heard that a friends father got it about 3 weeks ago. Her words "he got it about 2 weeks ago, they've been awful since." Didn't push her on that, but interesting to see that UK is apparently open for business.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:09 pm

Come on Amex USA! Give some love to the country you're named after.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
I've had US Centurion for nearly a year now, and have had a UK Centurion card since 2001 so have the ability to compare and contrast between the markets. .
I read with great interest your post. I got my Australian Centurion card several years ago and then moved to Singapore.

The service in Australia was great, I had a dedicated RM, she was lovely and very helpful. Moved to Singapore and it's gone up 10 notches! Amazing service, my RM WhatsApp's me anytime I need him. Further, they always tell me about offers and tell me when ways to save a dollar. The best part is the benefits, way better than the Australian Card. I got rid of the Aussie card and even got a pro rata refund. The Singaporean card is S$15,000 initial fee and then S$7,500 a year. If you do an international / global transfer there is no initial fee.

I did a caluculation to convince my Brother to get a card about the benefits, after 3 months I benefited from room upgrades, perks at restaurants (lots of restaurants give you 50% off food bill plus free champagne/ aperitif in Singapore or dessert) plus first class ulgrades to Europe worth of S$50,000!

Sadly, it's not the same product everywhere.

In Singapore I don't know anyone else who has one and I have been told by account manager it really is limited. Only 3,000 cards or so have been issued. In Australia I read that there were over 10,000! And the US I'm guessing a lot more. Whether we like it or not, it's an exclusive card but not limited.

I also was told by someone very senior at Amex that the card was very reasonable when first issued and card holders were allowed numerous supplementary cards in its early days. To cut down the card fees have been increased. And whether we like it or not, not everyone gets a dedicated RM. Lastly, spend is not the only thing, my youngest brother spends approximately USD 1.2M to USD 1.5M per month. But it's all business related - not personal - not as much as kudos as someone who travels internationally, enjoys fine dining and first class hotels.

Spending a million a month at Home Depot is not sexy or even a marketing opportunity. The cashier questions whether your titanium card is a home made job or not!

Last edited by mia; May 26, 2017 at 5:48 pm Reason: prune quotation.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:37 pm

Also, in Singapore at whole bunch of shops you get 10 X or even 20 X member ship rewards and a 100,000 bonus when you spend over $250,000.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Travout
Also, in Singapore at whole bunch of shops you get 10 X or even 20 X member ship rewards and a 100,000 bonus when you spend over $250,000.
That's the least they can do when the annual fee they charge ($7,490 SGD = $5,400 USD) for the Centurion in Singapore is more than double the annual fee in they charge in the U.S. ($2,500 USD)
Old May 28, 2017, 3:12 pm

Still waiting to go back to Cent

Having been part of the original "charter" Cent membership in the UK, I cancelled my card about a decade ago due to a period of zero travel.

These days, spend far more than ever before (but primarily business expenses), well in excess of the sort of qualification range being talked of, but no invite back.

I'll keep waiting for the email!
Old May 28, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by influential
Having been part of the original "charter" Cent membership in the UK, I cancelled my card about a decade ago due to a period of zero travel.

These days, spend far more than ever before (but primarily business expenses), well in excess of the sort of qualification range being talked of, but no invite back.

I'll keep waiting for the email!
I would think that, given your history, you would be influential.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:06 pm

Cool My experience

Indeed, I called in on Friday and had a good conversation with the rep. Said I was interested in upgrading from the Platinum, and she said, "Sir, you've been a lucractive customer for a good many years, I can't really see why we wouldn't invite you. We were going to give our next slot to Zac Efron's personal assistant, but in all fairness you've been with us many, many more years, and given us far more business. Let's make this right." I was especially pleased they waived the initiation on a goodwill basis. I didn't even have to ask. When I said I have a bunch of AMEX cards to carry around, she said "You're the customer, and we want to make this simple for you. For $2,500/year, we'll consolidate benefits to the centurion card, give you the 5X on travel from the Platinum, and the 2X on gas, dining and groceries from the Gold, all on one card. We'd like you to just use this as your everyday credit card."

Why is everyone here having such a difficult time of this? I should be getting the card on Tuesday and am looking forward to "joining the club"!
Old May 29, 2017, 11:18 am

If only

Originally Posted by nyc2cal
Indeed, I called in on Friday and had a good conversation with the rep. Said I was interested in upgrading from the Platinum, and she said, "Sir, you've been a lucractive customer for a good many years, I can't really see why we wouldn't invite you. We were going to give our next slot to Zac Efron's personal assistant, but in all fairness you've been with us many, many more years, and given us far more business. Let's make this right." I was especially pleased they waived the initiation on a goodwill basis. I didn't even have to ask. When I said I have a bunch of AMEX cards to carry around, she said "You're the customer, and we want to make this simple for you. For $2,500/year, we'll consolidate benefits to the centurion card, give you the 5X on travel from the Platinum, and the 2X on gas, dining and groceries from the Gold, all on one card. We'd like you to just use this as your everyday credit card."

Why is everyone here having such a difficult time of this? I should be getting the card on Tuesday and am looking forward to "joining the club"!
if only they had that common sense approach. Taking care of a loyal member who they profit so much of and charges so much. This is why competition and choices have undermined them as people have discovered alternatives- whereas before they didn't care or look.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by csesq
if only they had that common sense approach. Taking care of a loyal member who they profit so much of and charges so much. This is why competition and choices have undermined them as people have discovered alternatives- whereas before they didn't care or look.
I'd estimate they were clearing a good $xxx,xxx a year net from my account easily. Almost all of our spend was in a different currency, incurring that 3% fee. On top of all the annual fees for supplements etc, I had to be extremely profitable. Still no invite
Old May 29, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: MS Plat
Originally Posted by nyc2cal

Keep dreaming.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:04 am

Invite

My RM told me that if a card member introduces someone and they meet the 'criteria' they will get a card - at least here in Singapore. My brother meets the criteria but doesn't travel as much as I do and hence is happy with his platinum.

Incidentally, to avoid flashing the card in front of customers I asked Amex to make me a Green Card too - they did it so when I have a customer dinner I don't flash the titanium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.