FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Up to two free UBER rides from airports before 12/31/16 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1807798-up-two-free-uber-rides-airports-before-12-31-16-a.html)

Yoshi212 Dec 9, 16 10:31 am

Up to two free UBER rides from airports before 12/31/16

Just got an email from Uber for up to 2 free rides (up to $65 each) with promo code AMEXAIRPORT.

https://www.uber.com/promo/american-...rt-rides-2016/

List of participating airports:
LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
McCarran International Airport (LAS)
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)

Travelchurner Dec 9, 16 10:47 am

Old news, great deal!

Yoshi212 Dec 9, 16 11:01 am

Guess I'm low down on the Uber Promotions totem pole.

But yeah it's a great deal. I hope people tip heavily in the holiday spirit & getting a free ride.

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy (Post 27587762)
Old news, great deal!

s2kdriver80 Dec 9, 16 11:59 am

This only applies to rides originating from the airport, right?

Yoshi212 Dec 9, 16 12:06 pm

Yes the ride must originate from the airport for this promotion.

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80 (Post 27588104)
This only applies to rides originating from the airport, right?

UCSBCHRIS2002 Dec 9, 16 12:56 pm

Las Vegas Pickup

Thanks for posting. I'm going to Vegas this weekend and going to take advantage of this promo. Going to ask the driver if he will take me to a store to pick up some supplies before getting to the hotel as have up to $65.

BOS_George Dec 9, 16 1:01 pm

I'm glad I had the opportunity to use this. I had to go in for my Global Entry interview yesterday at Logan and was headed to South Station for my train home. It's only about 5 miles or 15 minutes with traffic but I still managed to eke out a $49 value in a UBER Black SUV, a MB GLK at that.

Travelchurner Dec 9, 16 5:37 pm

I'll land at SEA this month, will use uber black! will report back!

pshuang Dec 9, 16 9:03 pm

Worked great for me this evening. Touched down at Logan Airport, unusually cold weather for Boston so I didn't want to do public transportation to the friend's house I'm staying at. No UberX vehicles available Friday 9:00pm (would have been about $30). UberBLACK available at $61, just under the $65 covered by this promo. Easy choice.

I expect that the driver got the same payment out of that $61 that he would have otherwise (i.e., $61 minus Uber's usual percentage cut). If anybody knows otherwise for certain, let us know.

radiowell Dec 9, 16 10:22 pm

Nice. Doesn't look like it's targeted either, right?

krazykanuck Dec 9, 16 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell (Post 27590449)
Doesn't look like it's targeted either, right?

Nope, open enrollment. Subject of course to limits like if X number of people sign up it may hit its cap.

I used it a couple weeks ago to get home from IAH, worked like a charm.

radiowell Dec 9, 16 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 27590480)
Nope, open enrollment. Subject of course to limits like if X number of people sign up it may hit its cap.

Cool. Thanks.

Yoshi212 Dec 10, 16 12:05 am

Exactly why I posted it. Seems open until it posstibly hits a limit.

Coincidently I had a real problem getting Uber work in far Queens near JFK tonight getting home. It would crash my iPhone 6s.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 27590480)