Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA Business Platinum Offer 100k/$5k+$10k - PUBLIC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:37 am

I've searched for DPs on this question without much luck. I'm working on the min spend for the 100k AmEx Biz Plat and need a boost to get to $15k. Has anyone had points clawed back for buying GCs on the BIZ Plat? Applied through a legit link. Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
The common theme of many FRs is MS on a Platinum Card. No matter the link.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by mhdena
The common theme of many FRs is MS on a Platinum Card. No matter the link.
Blurg. Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bent1985
I've searched for DPs on this question without much luck. I'm working on the min spend for the 100k AmEx Biz Plat and need a boost to get to $15k. Has anyone had points clawed back for buying GCs on the BIZ Plat? Applied through a legit link. Thanks.
FWIW, I paid some expenses via Plastiq. I couldn't spend $15K organically, but I did have some bills where the vendor does not accept AmEx. Plastiq cost me 2.5% in fees, but it was negated, in part, by the 50% bonus MR for charges of $5K or more. For me, the loss of points was too great a risk to take any chances, imho, so I was cautious to avoid any hint of MS.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:48 am

Hello folks,

I've had the Amex Business Gold and upgraded it to Amex Business Plat (card is closed now). I'm assuming I won't get the sign up bonus if I apply this now?

Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You may. American Express' system doesn't seem to track upgrades reliably. I would call customer service and ask them to list all of the cards you have held. If they mention Business Gold, but not Business Platinum, ask specifically. If they still don't find it I think it's worth the chance on the initial $5,000 spend, but no guarantees.

If they do show it, explain that it was an upgrade, and ask if you are eligible for this specific bonus. If they say yes, there's still no guarantee.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by pcx999
Hello folks,

I've had the Amex Business Gold and upgraded it to Amex Business Plat (card is closed now). I'm assuming I won't get the sign up bonus if I apply this now?

Thanks
Did you receive bonus points for the upgrade?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Did you receive bonus points for the upgrade?
I did. I think it was an upgrade offer when logging into my account.

I'm just going to take a chance with this, the business plat benefits is good enough to even out the annual fee.

Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by pcx999
I did. I think it was an upgrade offer when logging into my account.

I'm just going to take a chance with this, the business plat benefits is good enough to even out the annual fee.

Thanks
That's tricky, because technically you received a bonus for that card. If you go through with it please let us know the result.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
After approval, did this card get overnighted to you guys, or did you have to call and request expedited shipping?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by LR2013
After approval, did this card get overnighted to you guys, or did you have to call and request expedited shipping?
Which card, Centurion or Platinum? My Platinum card was sent regular mail with no way to expedite. If your app goes pending and you call they will expedite. But if it's instant or they approve before you call it's snail mail.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Which card, Centurion or Platinum? My Platinum card was sent regular mail with no way to expedite. If your app goes pending and you call they will expedite. But if it's instant or they approve before you call it's snail mail.
The Platinum. I applied online and clicked "submit," only to get a 404 server error. So I called, and despite the server error, they did get the app and told me it was approved. Snail mail would be pretty poor service for a card with a $450 annual fee.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LR2013
The Platinum. I applied online and clicked "submit," only to get a 404 server error. So I called, and despite the server error, they did get the app and told me it was approved. Snail mail would be pretty poor service for a card with a $450 annual fee.
I applied in December and it showed up via UPS, albeit without any special packaging.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by roundtree
I applied in December and it showed up via UPS, albeit without any special packaging.
I always thought any Amex Platinum and above card got automatically expedited, but maybe they changed the policy at some point. A couple of years ago, my personal Platinum got overnighted and delivered on a Saturday with platinum colored packaging, which was not useful per se, but a nice touch

As a side note, the rep told me I had 92 days from approval date to make the $15k minimum spend for the 100k MR bonus. Less 7-10 days if it got sent snail mail.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree
UPS ground or overnight? I wonder how many complaints they got for snail mailing a $450 card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.