USA Business Platinum Offer 100k/$5k+$10k - PUBLIC

Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by inspace
Did you have any other Amex products beforehand? Was thinking of taking the 100k but want to hold off if I've got a chance at getting targeted for the 150.
Had all of the AMEX charge cards aside from the Plat. business. I run multiple real businesses. Sham I cannot use the offers with any of them.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:35 am

I was approved for this card last night. Talked to chat who said to call to expedite card. Called this morning and they said it was not possible, and that expediting is only possible before the card is approved. How am I supposed to know that when it's mentioned nowhere on the app? They can't overnight a card with a $450 fee? I need the card for work spend ASAP. Is this normal for Amex?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Just another DP for the bonus (and the 1.5x):

Card approved/received in October
Made large purchase (over 5K) on 11/19.
Charge cleared on 11/21.
100K and 1.5x bonus posted on 11/23.
1x points from base earning won't post until statement after next (based on Oct earnings).
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:52 am

I have a personal Platinum (the one where the 100,000 points were clawed back) as well as the Business Platinum for Business #1.

Can I apply now for Business #2 and get the bonus?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:24 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by FrankZap

Can I apply now for Business #2 and get the bonus?
No. You are the applicant, not the business.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by mia
No. You are the applicant, not the business.
Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:42 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
So anyway, I applied for this card online today fully expecting the $5k (50k) + $10k (50k) deal. Even made sure to see this offer on the screen before I applied. After submitting the application, was approved after calling amex to verify my identity. After the approval, they verbally stated the terms - $5k (50k) + $5k (50k) for a total of $10k spend. Asked him to repeat to make sure he wasn't confused and I was hearing correctly. Maybe I got lucky? Maybe I was targeted yet wasn't aware (though I never entered any special codes)? The guy was all giddy and in a good mood for some reason, he even expedited the card without me even requesting.

Last edited by DeltaFlyer IntrepidClass; Nov 30, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
So anyway, I applied for this card online today fully expecting the $5k (50k) + $10k (50k) deal. Even made sure to see this offer on the screen before I applied. After submitting the application, was approved after calling amex to verify my identity. After the approval, they verbally stated the terms - $5k (50k) + $5k (50k) for a total of $10k spend. Asked him to repeat to make sure he wasn't confused and I was hearing correctly. Maybe I got lucky? Maybe I was targeted yet wasn't aware (though I never entered any special codes)? The guy was all giddy and in a good mood for some reason, he even expedited the card without me even requesting.
What the hell, I've argued with 4 people over chat, phone, and Twitter to get my card expedited and every single one said it was impossible since my application was approved. $450 and they can only spring for a stamp? Really pissed off at them right now.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
What the hell, I've argued with 4 people over chat, phone, and Twitter to get my card expedited and every single one said it was impossible since my application was approved. $450 and they can only spring for a stamp? Really pissed off at them right now.
Damn, sorry to hear that. I believe my personal Platinum and PRG were both expedited automatically, don't know why this one isn't for $450/yr. Try calling them again, maybe you'll get a more competent person on the line. Before I had a chance to request it, the guy told me he'd expedite this card since we're in the holiday season and I'm sure I would appreciate it if I had it in my hands quickly. That and the $5k + $5k were a nice surprise.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:21 pm

Damn, sorry to hear that. I believe my personal Platinum and PRG were both expedited automatically, don't know why this one isn't for $450/yr. Try calling them again, maybe you'll get a more competent person on the line. Before I had a chance to request it, the guy told me he'd expedite this card since we're in the holiday season and I'm sure I would appreciate it if I had it in my hands quickly. That and the $5k + $5k were a nice surprise.
I have called twice now, messaged them on Facebook and Twitter, and done 2 separate chats from my online account. They're not budging. They said if I requested to expedite it BEFORE the application was approved they could've done it. That makes NO sense at all.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:14 pm

I have called twice now, messaged them on Facebook and Twitter, and done 2 separate chats from my online account. They're not budging. They said if I requested to expedite it BEFORE the application was approved they could've done it. That makes NO sense at all.
Actually, sorry, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe they are correct. When I called in to verify my identity, I now recall him saying "if you were to be approved [blah blah offer details blah blah expediting blah blah]". And then he congratulated me and told me I was approved. But then I wonder, how would people who get auto-approved have a chance to request expediting? Do they require everyone to contact them before getting approved for business cards?

But regardless, if they can't stop the standard process, why can't they just UPS another card to you right now? Worst case, you'll have two cards, not a big deal for Amex.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
When I was approved, I didn't even ask for expedite but received it anyway. I would be surprised and pissed for $450/year.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:07 pm

I own a legitimate business with declared income and already have a business plat under my name for the business. Looking at having my wife apply for a biz plat card under the same business name but her SSN. We file a joint tax return. Any potential issues here or business as usual?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:05 pm

But regardless, if they can't stop the standard process, why can't they just UPS another card to you right now? Worst case, you'll have two cards, not a big deal for Amex.
They said I could do an AU card and have that over nighted. I don't know what the point would be because the main card can't be activated until it shows up.

Originally Posted by roundtree
When I was approved, I didn't even ask for expedite but received it anyway. I would be surprised and pissed for $450/year.
Exactly. hopefully the card shows up soon, though I haven't had any word from USPS/UPS/Fedex.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:36 am

I have a large payment due for season tickets to a sports team. Unfortunately, the team does not accept American Express. Three questions:

1) Would there be an issue using Plastiq, paying with AmEx to have a check sent to the team? That's not using the card to buy a cash equivalent, is it?

2) If the Plastiq payment were allowed, should I make the payment in the amount of $5125 ($5000 payment + 2.5% Plastiq fee of $125), so it shows up as a $5000 payment qualifying for the 50 percent bonus? Or am I reading too much into the requirements and being overly cautious?

3) Is it possible to receive the number immediately, so I can initiate the Plastiq check right away? The deadline for my first installment is soon, and I'd hate to miss out on using Plastiq, because it'll be difficult to meet the minimum spend if I couldn't use it for all the installments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.