Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA Business Platinum Offer 100k/$5k+$10k - PUBLIC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:36 am

for the minimum spend- it says no cash equivalents. Does anyone know if payusatax.com or equivalents are considered cash equivalents by AMEX? (Sorry if slightly off topic, I tried to google it and couldn't find an answer). Self employed and can meet $15K with my estimated taxes.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 5:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
...payusatax.com or equivalents .
Tax payments earn points, no problem.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:14 am

What about Plastiq? Any reported issues? I'm thinking this would be a good time to pay off my $15k+ student loan.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:09 pm

Mrs. lkar applied yesterday and received a pending review message along with a telephone number to call. She actually has a business so she gathered everything to be prepared to answer questions about the business and called this morning. It turns out it was just identity confirmation, though it was much more involved that prior identity confirmations. Lots of questions (though not about the business or income, etc.) and they called us back on the number associated with the account. Took a while actually, but approved in the end.

Originally Posted by mia
Tax payments earn points, no problem.
Just a small point here. Some of the online tax credit card processors divide the payments up between the tax payment and the service fee. Doesn't matter if you're making a $15k payment for the annual fee, but anyone who is looking to get the first $5k or breaking their payments up, pay attention, because I think you'll only get the 1.5x if the charge is $5k, so if you paid $4950 in taxes thinking the fee would get you over $5k, you may end up short on the 1.5x. And also worth noting that if you make a $15k tax payment, you'll get 1.5x on the $15,000, but probably only get 1x on the $300 fee. (Not a big deal, but an FYI.)
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, UA Silver, SPG PLAT, Marriott PLAT, Hyatt PLAT, HH Diamond
Is there a fee for adding authorized users? My wife applied and I would like to be AU on the account. Do AU get all the benefits (aside from $200 credit)? I'm hoping to cancel my AMEX PLAT personal card and just be added onto this card.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:41 pm
mia

Originally Posted by booyun
Is there a fee for adding authorized users?
BUSINESS Platinum is $300/year for each Supplementary Platinum card, which receives all of the benefits of the primary card. The airline fee reimbursement benefit is shared by all cards, capped at $200 per account, not per card.

This is very different than the personal Platinum, $175/year for up to three supplementary Platinum cards.

Supplementary Gold cards are less expensive, and supplementary Green cards are free, but no benefits.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, UA Silver, SPG PLAT, Marriott PLAT, Hyatt PLAT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
BUSINESS Platinum is $300/year for each Supplementary Platinum card, which receives all of the benefits of the primary card. The airline fee reimbursement benefit is shared by all cards, capped at $200 per account, not per card.

This is very different than the personal Platinum, $175/year for up to three supplementary Platinum cards.

Supplementary Gold cards are less expensive, and supplementary Green cards are free, but no benefits.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying. I guess I'm better off holding onto my Personal PLAT card.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:09 am

100K Amex Business Platinum Offer

Earn up to100,000 Membership Rewards® points
Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires January 25, 2017.†
Is this worth jumping at? I keep hearing about all those people that got their points clawed back. $15K spend would have to be MS for me. Do they ever run higher promotions than 100K?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:29 am

There's been a 150K offer I believe, but very rare
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
so is the "Enhanced" Business card a separate and distinct product from the regular plat business card? Obvs looking to get the bonus.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:10 am
mia

Originally Posted by explorer84
so is the "Enhanced" Business card a separate and distinct product from the regular plat business card?
Probably not. They styled Business Gold Rewards as Enhanced for awhile after a refresh, and it was not considered a new product. I think it's the same card with some new features.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
$15K okay in one fell swoop?

This is continually touted as spend $5,000 for 50,000 MR points within 3 mos.; and then spend another $10,000 for 50,000 MR points within (the same) 3 mos.

I am assuming that you would get all 100,000 MR points for one $15,000 purchase.... Just double-checking to see whether this is an accurate assumption, what with all the clawbacks reported recently for technical violations of express rules.

P.S. -- ikar, great point about the separation of fees on taxes and related purchases (like tuition paid by credit card)
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
This is continually touted as spend $5,000 for 50,000 MR points within 3 mos.; and then spend another $10,000 for 50,000 MR points within (the same) 3 mos.

I am assuming that you would get all 100,000 MR points for one $15,000 purchase.... Just double-checking to see whether this is an accurate assumption, what with all the clawbacks reported recently for technical violations of express rules.
My reading of the T&C would seem to suggest that one charge of $15k should get the the full 100k, but you're definitely right that one should proceed with caution with Amex these days. The only graduated offer like this I think I've done was on a chase card and one charge was fine but that's probably not a valid datapoint here. Anyway, here's from the T&C:

"To be eligible to earn 50,000 additional points, you must charge $5,000 of qualifying purchases*, OR to be eligible for another 50,000 additional points (for a total of 100,000 points), you must charge a total of $15,000 in qualifying purchases*."
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: Mariott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Someone on here posted a picture of a snail mail offer for their biz plat @ 250k points. I believe it was $50k spend within 5 months... like 50k MR points at each $10k spent I believe.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:42 pm
mia

Originally Posted by swirlsaepi
... biz plat @ 250k points.
Separate thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tions-max.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.