Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP) annual fee increasing to $95, August 2016.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

The increase from $75 to $95 takes effect with applications submitted after August 3rd. I do not know if current card holders will be grandfathered in to the $75 AF or if they too will pay the higher fee upon next anniversary. I got rid of this card at the end of 2015, in order to concentrate spending on MR points. This will mean a cut in the real percentage cash back one earns.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:27 pm

annual fee increase coming! for more info go to https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...up_to_95_soon/
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scape
annual fee increase coming! for more info go to https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...up_to_95_soon/
Couldn't you have mentioned that it's for the Blue Cash Preferred card? Amex has a lot of cards with various annual fees, and just saying "annual fee increase incoming" is not very specific (or thus useful) info, when the actual (rumored or verified?) increase is for just one particular card (which btw doesn't earn either miles or points).
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

scape's confirmation of this annual fee increase has been appended to the existing thread.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:21 am

Just an FYI - applied today to beat the deadline on potential $200 cash back from wireless payments 10% rebate. ..and to avoid the fee increase

First time not getting instant approval on AmEx.

Called recon and they said it's a new fraud prevention measure to require you to call in and verify details. After verification, put me on hold for about 3 minutes and then got approval for std $5k CL.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roneyc
Just an FYI - applied today to beat the deadline on potential $200 cash back from wireless payments 10% rebate. ..and to avoid the fee increase
You will get the $75 AF this year, but no one is granfathered in. People holding the card were advised that their AF will increase on the first renewal after August 3, 2016.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:04 pm

Now why don't they increase the reward amount limits for groceries, if they're going to increase the annual fee?!?!?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:46 pm

Anyone have an idea of long it takes for reward dollars to post after the statement has been paid? I paid my AF 2 months ago and I want to cancel so I can get a refund, but I also don't want to leave the $19 in rewards dollars I have left sitting on the table. I think the statement I just rec'd should put me over the top, but I'm not sure when those points will post.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lobo411
Anyone have an idea of long it takes for reward dollars to post after the statement has been paid? I paid my AF 2 months ago and I want to cancel so I can get a refund, but I also don't want to leave the $19 in rewards dollars I have left sitting on the table. I think the statement I just rec'd should put me over the top, but I'm not sure when those points will post.
Good luck! Under my tenure with the card, toward the end of last year into 2016 it took longer and longer for the cash back to post.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by lobo411
Reward dollars usually post a few days after the second statement. Also, you need to have at least $25 in reward dollars before you can use them
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Just received renewal fee, and it's still $75. I MSed $6000 last and this year out of it, and planning to close it. Was expecting AF increase, but it didn't happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.