Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
My Ameriprise Platinum free year is about to run out, meaning I'll be up for the AF so I might as well sign up for a normal Platinum (haven't had the regular Plat before) to get the bonus. I'd like to jump on this when it's available. Anyone have any experience applying for a regular Plat while holding a different version of the Plat? Is there an important order of operations here?
I'm in the same boat having the Ameriprise Platinum. Would love to drop it for the 100K "regular" one.
Old May 9, 2016, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Based on the last times the 100k was a public offer, any guesses as to how long this might be available?
Old May 9, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Applied and got the "We'll process your application as soon as possible and send you a decision within 14 days." message.

Then I checked the status online and saw "Approved".

But unlike others, I still haven't gotten any emails from Amex. It's been 2 hours. Any need to call the recon line to confirm everything is fine? Or should I just sit tight because the online status says "Approved"?
Old May 9, 2016, 5:53 pm

Nice offer. ^

It's also worth a mention that for existing cardmembers, AmEx typically won't do a hard-pull unless they approve you.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FrankZap
I'm in the same boat having the Ameriprise Platinum. Would love to drop it for the 100K "regular" one.
You can get both and have both at the same time. I have the Ameriprise one, and just applied for the 100K "regular" one and was approved instantly. (ok, so there was a 30s lag, same difference)
Old May 9, 2016, 6:41 pm

Great! I'll give it a shot now.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Of course one week after I applied (wanted it for lounge access on a recent trip). Called Amex and they said they can't find it and that the public offer is 40K. They opened a case to look into awarding the additional points but I'm not holding my breath.

I work for a major financial institution and I know our process is to give the extra points to those that inquire within 10 days of the promotion. But it seems from reading on various blogs that Amex is not very good with that. Rather frustrating considering the annual fee on this card.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:55 pm

If I'm currently an additional cardholder on my wife's Platinum account am I eligible?
Old May 9, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
I have mb plat and reg plat open right now.
And were you able to get bonuses for both? Are they considered different/seprate?
Old May 9, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Gunner14
If I'm currently an additional cardholder on my wife's Platinum account am I eligible?
Yes.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:05 pm

Immediate approval! Thanks for that encouragement. I see this as $50 fee after airline rebates for 100,000 MR points - no brainer. I don't need the Global Entry and I almost always fly in Business Class and so get a lounge, although I should try the Centurion lounges as they have to be better.

Free Boingo may be of some use. But the gold hotel status I have already.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker
You can get both and have both at the same time. I have the Ameriprise one, and just applied for the 100K "regular" one and was approved instantly. (ok, so there was a 30s lag, same difference)
Thanks - 2 for 2 !!!
Old May 9, 2016, 7:20 pm

just my luck. bought an access code last month on the grey market because I had a big bill to cover the spend and wanted the card to do it with.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I have the Plat business, SPG business, Hilton AMEX - got approved for this one instantly! My first personal business card ever!

I remember last year I tried to upgrade my gold card to platinum, the agentpulled my credit but the line went down before I went ahead with final approval... now I am glad I did not do it, as that upgrade offer was worth only 40k
Old May 9, 2016, 7:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FrankZap
Immediate approval! Thanks for that encouragement. I see this as $50 fee after airline rebates for 100,000 MR points - no brainer. I don't need the Global Entry and I almost always fly in Business Class and so get a lounge, although I should try the Centurion lounges as they have to be better.

Free Boingo may be of some use. But the gold hotel status I have already.
I actually applied for it in an Amex Centurion lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.