Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Unhappy [OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

LINK

100k MR after $3k spend.
Found on r/churning

Last edited by mia; May 9, 2016 at 4:40 pm Reason: Prune link
Old May 9, 2016, 3:49 pm

Awesome deal, but I'm going to pass for this time. Wife has the Plat right now which gets us the Centurion Lounge access and FHR benefits, and I'll probably be getting the Prestige soon while I still have my Citigold open, so there's need to have multiple premium cards.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: Multiple
does anyone know how to generate referral links (in my case, for spouse) for the 100k? looks like referral links are only 40k.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Note that the offer does include the standard exclusion:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Offer terms attached for reference.
Attached Images

Last edited by mia; May 9, 2016 at 5:00 pm Reason: Attach copy of offer terms.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA
My Ameriprise Platinum free year is about to run out, meaning I'll be up for the AF so I might as well sign up for a normal Platinum (haven't had the regular Plat before) to get the bonus. I'd like to jump on this when it's available. Anyone have any experience applying for a regular Plat while holding a different version of the Plat? Is there an important order of operations here?
Old May 9, 2016, 4:51 pm

Got hit with a dreaded message - we've received your application, but we can't give you a decision right now.

Will be interesting to see - have opened a fair number of cards lately so could be reasonable for me to die a slow death.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by chrisremo
My Ameriprise Platinum free year is about to run out, meaning I'll be up for the AF so I might as well sign up for a normal Platinum (haven't had the regular Plat before) to get the bonus. I'd like to jump on this when it's available. Anyone have any experience applying for a regular Plat while holding a different version of the Plat? Is there an important order of operations here?
I have mb plat and reg plat open right now.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Can't decide if it's worth it. Seems like this offer comes and goes (though not as frequently as it used to).

While I'd love the 100k AMEX, from a premium card standpoint I'm set with the Prestige and I'm trying to watch my 5/24 b/c I'd like to get the Chase Freedom Unlimited in the not too distant future.

That being said 100k AMEX would get me to the finish line for a 2 person 62.5 Delta One roundtrip I've been eyeing.
Old May 9, 2016, 5:01 pm

Just closed PRG like a week ago. Ha.. Too soon?
Old May 9, 2016, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mjbreuer92
Got hit with a dreaded message - we've received your application, but we can't give you a decision right now.

Will be interesting to see - have opened a fair number of cards lately so could be reasonable for me to die a slow death.
Did you check the status link? It's not uncommon to get that message for an Amex app, only to have a decision posted at the status link 3 seconds later.
Old May 9, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Got approved for it surprisingly
Old May 9, 2016, 5:18 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
It let me get the number online, so I can start spending on it but It won't let me activate it? Am i supposed to wait till they actually mail it out?
Old May 9, 2016, 5:24 pm

Excellent!

So glad I checked in--this one has been on my list.
Got the "pending" message but called recon right away.
They verified address etc and then approved.
Old May 9, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Note that the offer does include the standard exclusion:

Offer terms attached for reference.
So, I have the AMEX Ameriprise Platinum (nee fee card). Does that mean I am not able to get this one?
Old May 9, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
It let me get the number online, so I can start spending on it but It won't let me activate it? Am i supposed to wait till they actually mail it out?
You can spend it right away. I booked a hotel with it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.