Wiki Posts
Search

Amex TravelAssure on Award Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Diamond & 1MM; HH-Diamond; Marriott-Gold
Amex TravelAssure on Award Tickets

As it's been discussed several times on the forum, it is clear that any award tickets (using the airline miles) are not covered by the free (included) Amex Platinum insurance even when the entire taxes and fees are paid for on the Amex Platinum card. However, what's not clear to me is whether award tickets (using airline miles) are covered under Amex's premium insurance product TravelAssure where the cardholder pays $28.95 per ticket when charged to an enrolled Amex card. Has anyone got anything experience or information on this?

As Amex is no longer enrolling people for this product, I can't get any information online anymore
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by standardgirl
.....award tickets (using the airline miles) are not covered by the free (included) Amex Platinum insurance even when the entire taxes and fees are paid for on the Amex Platinum card.....
American Express Platinum (USA) includes no travel insurance in the usual sense. In which country is your card issued?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Diamond & 1MM; HH-Diamond; Marriott-Gold
US issued Amex Plat. Sorry, I meant the baggage coverage that you get for free when you pay the ticket in full on Amex Platinum (correct that it’s not a full coverage) - though could also be wrong on this since I honest haven’t looked at it for years as I use TravelAssure anyway.
Anyhow, not relevant to the question I suppose, as I’ve got TravelAssure so am only interested to know how TravelAssure works on award tickets redemed using airline miles and with taxes/fees paid on the Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.