Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Grey Market" For Amex RSVP Codes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by ralphs
Yikes. Did they cite a reason when clawing back? Did you spend organically or using MS?
Using an offer that I was not targeted for. Previously held card.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Using an offer that I was not targeted for.
Now mentioned in the application terms:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ed-offers.html
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
AMEX clawed back 200k in bonus points that I received using grey market codes that I purchased for 100k personal platinum cards. Expensive lesson between the cost of the codes, the time that my points were frozen preventing me from taking advantage of bonus transfer options, and the annual fees that I paid.

Are there offers without the 1x per lifetime language out there any more?
I thought you couldn't tweak someone's RVSP offer for the personal plat. How long after you met the min spend did they claw the MR back? I bought a code for the biz version last month, getting nervous now...
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I could see using an incognito offer, but I would never buy one.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
I thought you couldn't tweak someone's RVSP offer for the personal plat. How long after you met the min spend did they claw the MR back? I bought a code for the biz version last month, getting nervous now...
I was sent a link by a grey market seller that did not have anyone's info in it when I opened the link. Account was frozen several months after I completed the second personal platinum spend and it took over 6 months and multiple communications with CFPB to get the review completed. This was shortly after a widely publicized leaked link and I had accumulated appx 400k in total amex points within a 8 month window. If you have never had the biz before it will probably not be a problem for you but I had held the personal plat before. I was pointed to a loophole that allowed one to product change a card to a no fee card and then apply using the link provided and get approved for another of the same card. I got greedy and this hog got slaughtered for 200k points. Still have multiple cards with amex but alas I believe that the ED card that I just finished the min spend on for 25k mr points is the last amex bonus I could possibly get unless I get targeted for some no language offers. Like others who have been doing this a long time the rules are catching up and my opportunities for bonuses has all but disappeared. Looking at my spreadsheet I have received bonuses on 28 different amex cards in the last 42 months including business cards so I guess I can't complain.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Does anyone have an RSVP code for 100k bonus for Platinum personal? Or a link? I’d like to do better than 60k. This would be on the personal card as I already had the business one.

Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Does anyone have an RSVP code for 100k bonus for Platinum personal? Or a link? I’d like to do better than 60k. This would be on the personal card as I already had the business one.

Thanks.
OK, I'll bite; What's an RSVP Code ?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gpicur
OK, I'll bite; What's an RSVP Code ?
It's a single-use code associated with an individually targeted new card account offer.

See also these threads:

Applying for a targeted offer meant for another person [Consolidated]

Amex USA terms now penalize:abuse,misuse,gaming;1st yr downgrade/close;leaked offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.