Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The once-in-a-lifetime rule is on a per exact card basis. Having had one card before only rules out getting a bonus again on that card, not on other types of cards.

So each of you can get a bonus on the Premier Gold Rewards personal once (if you've not had that before), on the SPG personal once (if you've not had that before), on the SPG business once (if you've not had that before), on the Amex Everyday or Everyday Preferred once (if you've not had that before), etc, etc.

See the wiki at the top of this thread if you need more information about that:
Btw, you may want to update your FT Profile. I doubt you belong to the Continental FFP any more.
Agree...they have flown on.... Appreciate the details.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:06 pm

My husband used a link to "refer" me for a SPG AmEx business card. He has this card himself, but he should receive 5000 Starpoints for successfully referring me for a card as long as I fulfill the requirements.

How long should I expect it to take to receive the email from AmEx with the referral link so I can apply for the card?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by CharlotteYork
How long should I expect it to take to receive the email from AmEx with the referral link so I can apply for the card?
If you don't receive the email within a few minutes, that address may've been opted out of AmEx promotions. In that case, try another receiving address.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You have what 4 cards? Amex only has a 4 credit card limit, that doesn't count charge cards. So do you have 4 credit cards with Amex the bank?

See this thread if you need more info (such as figuring out whether your cards are charge cards or credit cards, or your question of how to deal with applying for a 5th credit card):
Thank you for the link! Yes, I do have 4 AMEX credit cards. And wondering if I
should apply first or cancel first.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:34 pm

Anyone get weird credit limits with the business card? I was approved online for $1500, received the card in the mail stating $10000, added the card online and it showed $1500. Today it is $10000.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:39 pm

I just got denied with my Starwood Preferred Guest app. Any tips on getting a recon via chat or phone? I currently have the Starwood Preferred Business and the Hilton Hhonors card, with the 2 Delta Personal and Business cards canceled. Can I ask them to cancel the Starwood Biz and move that credit to the Starwood Guest, and what would be some legitimate reasons to do so?
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
Anyone get weird credit limits with the business card? I was approved online for $1500, received the card in the mail stating $10000, added the card online and it showed $1500. Today it is $10000.

1500 is a temporary credit limit they give u for immediate use on Starwood's site before u get the card in mail. Your actual limit is 10k .

Same happened with me.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:59 pm

Is this specific card only available in the US? I cant seem to find a CDN starwood card with the same bonus and $0 annual fee.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Wormiez
Is this specific card only available in the US?
American Express does issue Starwood Preferred Guest credit cards in Canada, but the offer discussed in this thread is for the USA version.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:21 am

What are the chances AMEX will extend this promo past March 31? Do they usually?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DealAddict
What are the chances AMEX will extend this promo past March 31? Do they usually?
Historically there has been one offer per calendar year, and the application deadline has been enforced.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by mia
Historically there has been one offer per calendar year, and the application deadline has been enforced.
That's too bad. I'm not able to apply until April 1. The regular offer is 25,000 FYF? Still good. In Canada annual fee isn't waived, bonus is 20,000
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Got this card and was only given a $1000 CL. Have met the minimum spend for the bonus, how long do I need to wait before request a CL increase?

Also, anyone had luck getting the additional points to post if they were approved for the 25K bonus earlier this year? I've read it is better to call versus chat, what number is best to call?

Last edited by danhunterpost; Mar 21, 2016 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:40 pm

I have SPG card that I closed about a year ago. Would I got the bonus if I get approved?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Book08
I have SPG card that I closed about a year ago. Would I got the bonus if I get approved?
If you got a bonus the last time you applied, then 99.9% no

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.