Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
IF I refer a friend and he uses my link, do I get a notification that the friend used my link the moment he applies?
No notice.

This offer is available online only to Basic Card Members. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the Referral Bonus to post to your account after each referred individual is approved for the Card. You cannot earn a Referral Bonus for those who currently have the Card you recommended or for individuals who have been referred by someone else. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer. Also, the individuals you refer may not receive the referral e-mail if they have previously "opted out" of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express. Any violation or abuse of this program may result in the forfeiture of the Referral Bonus. In order to receive the Referral Bonus, your account must be active and in good standing at the time of fulfillment. Terms & restrictions of the rewards program corresponding to your Card account apply. NOTE: The value of the Referral Bonus may be taxable income to you; you are responsible for any federal or state taxes resulting from the Referral Bonus. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of the Referral Bonus.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
damn good to know. thanks
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by _Square_
The website says this is good until 3/30.
Historically, has Amex typically pulled offers exactly when expected from "good until" wording, or silently extended, or officially extended?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:21 pm

Does Amex still restrict you to a total of 4 cards?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by knn9413a
Four *credit* cards, yes. You can have unlimited charge cards in addition to those four credit cards.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Well they just forwarded my request for a match to the marketing department ... not sure what good that will do, if any.
was your request via phone or secure message. SM rep said no way, no how, no other avenue for appeal. Guess I will call tomorrow.

How recent was your card opening? Business or personal?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
was your request via phone or secure message. SM rep said no way, no how, no other avenue for appeal. Guess I will call tomorrow.

How recent was your card opening? Business or personal?
Live Chat.

Dec 2015 (just met minimum spending + bonus posted less than 5 days ago)

Personal.

I'm not holding my breath. She said she was messaging the marketing team but they won't reach out to me and I should keep an eye on my points balance in 5-7 days.

I will probably call in at some time to try and get some courtesy points.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Well they just forwarded my request for a match to the marketing department ... not sure what good that will do, if any.
Same here. I was told I would get a letter by mail with my inquiry having that I just applied for the Biz version two weeks ago...
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:41 pm

Signed up for the personal SPG card and got instant approval
How long should I wait before applying for the business card? I already have Chase Ink+ and Citi Business AAdvantage.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
I'd like to apply for biz and personal if it will be one pull. Anyone do this yet and get approved for both?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
two questions:

1. Do I get the 5k for referring someone the moment they get approved or after they spend $5,000 on their card?

2. Does their email have to match with my referral form? IE, my friend got it in his yahoo account but wants to sign up using his gmail account. Will i still get the referral? The referral for some reason wont get into his gmail account.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by knn9413a
Maybe maybe not.

I had 4 Credit cards and was wondering which one to cancel, was going to cancel one in a few months to get the SPG Biz anyway.

Read where applying before canceling would cause the app to pause wanting you to call in to let them know which card to cancel.

Applied for the SPG Biz and got an immediate approval to my surprise!!

PRG. BGR. Green. Gold

Everyday. BCP. SPG. Simply Cash. SPG Biz
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by mhdena
Maybe maybe not.

I had 4 Credit cards and was wondering which one to cancel, was going to cancel one in a few months to get the SPG Biz anyway.

Read where applying before canceling would cause the app to pause wanting you to call in to let them know which card to cancel.

Applied for the SPG Biz and got an immediate approval to my surprise!!

PRG. BGR. Green. Gold

Everyday. BCP. SPG. Simply Cash. SPG Biz
Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Where can I find the link to refer a friend for the BUSINESS card? I can only seem to locate a link to refer the personal card. Any guidance? Thanks.
I would like to know this as well. I have a referral button under my personal SPG Amex, but not under my business SPG.

ETA: Never mind. Found my answer from BringBackTWA's post.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Datapoint:

2/2/2016 Amex No-fee card
3/3/2016 Amex SPG Personal and business
Personal approved, business pending, should find out if rejected for too many applications or not in a few days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.