Wiki Posts
Search

AmexTravel Prepaid Offer question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
AmexTravel Prepaid Offer question

I want to use some MR points to partially pre-pay a hotel on AmexTravel.com. Below is the break-down:

You will be charged $1,441.34 and a credit of $840,00 will be applied for redeeming 120,000 Membership Rewards® points. (Cost of hotel: $601.35)

Offer: Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $600 or more for a prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com by 3/15/16. Excludes the Fine Hotels & Resorts.

Questions:
1) Is the "single purchase" $1,441.43 (the initial cost of the hotel) or the $601.35?. The final cost will be over $600 as per the T&C, but wondering if I can use more MR points to lower the final cost more or free.

2) The hotel is part of FHR (and I have a Amex Plat) but not booking thu FHR but thru AmexTravel. Any issue?

thanks
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat CAN
Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto
1) Is the "single purchase" $1,441.43 (the initial cost of the hotel) or the $601.35?. The final cost will be over $600 as per the T&C, but wondering if I can use more MR points to lower the final cost more or free.

2) The hotel is part of FHR (and I have a Amex Plat) but not booking thu FHR but thru AmexTravel. Any issue?
Don't have much insight on #1 unfortunately. Straight MR redemptions are generally poor value, so you may want to reconsider.

For #2, you must book FHR rates to get FHR benefits. Prepaid rates are generally not FHR rates, meaning you likely won't get FHR benefits if you proceed with this booking.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
piggy backing on this. If I book a hotel through amextravel and it also happens to be a gold choice hotel with the 75 credit etc, does the $100 back still apply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.