FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex Centurion and Platinum Priority Pass benefit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739946-amex-centurion-platinum-priority-pass-benefit.html)

Jay K Jan 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Amex Centurion and Platinum Priority Pass benefit

I'm an Amex Plat holder who received Priority Pass Select membership in 2015.

Just today, received an email asking me to renew my membership with Priority Pass for a fee.

Do I need to sign-up again via the link when I login to my Amex Plat (for free membership), or will they automatically send a new Priority Pass card/membership?

mia Jan 11, 2016 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jay K (Post 26001666)
...received an email asking me to renew my membership with Priority Pass for a fee...

This is not usual, unless you (for example) closed your Platinum card account and applied for another. (Replacement card due to loss, damage or authorized use is not a new account.) Might you have Priority Pass for any other card, perhaps issued by another bank?

Jay K Jan 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26001713)
This is not usual, unless you (for example) closed your Platinum card account and applied for another. (Replacement card due to loss, damage or authorized use is not a new account.) Might you have Priority Pass for any other card, perhaps issued by another bank?

Nope, still have the card. Don't have Priority Pass from any other cards.

Do you typically get a new Priority Pass card each year automatically?

We just received our Lounge Club cards a la Ritz without reapplication.

mia Jan 11, 2016 3:47 pm

I would contact Priority Pass and ask why you received the mailing. It's probably a mistake, but until you know more you won't be able to fix it.

CMK10 Jan 11, 2016 5:55 pm

FWIW, I got the email too, I'm ignoring it and figuring everything is fine.

Hawaiian717 Jan 11, 2016 6:00 pm

I got the email too, I didn't see it as trying to get me to renew but rather join. Almost like they sent the email to the wrong group. I checked the PP website and it shows my membership "refreshes" 12/31/2018 so I just ignored the email, but if you do contact them I'd be interested to hear if they say anything interesting.

mia Jan 11, 2016 6:16 pm

I received an email with the subject line: The new Priority Pass is here. Welcome to Lounge Class. and it shows prices in Euros. Is that the email we are discussing?

stimpy Jan 11, 2016 7:22 pm

I got the email too. Just ignore it.

Hawaiian717 Jan 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26002652)
I received an email with the subject line: The new Priority Pass is here. Welcome to Lounge Class. and it shows prices in Euros. Is that the email we are discussing?

Mine had the subject line Check in to our new airport experience but the prices were also in Euros.

mia Jan 13, 2016 12:20 pm

On Monday, we sent you an email about becoming a Priority Pass member.

This email was sent to you by mistake, and was the result of a human error while setting up the mailing. We apologise for any concern this email may have caused and would like to assure you that your data has not been compromised in any way. As an American Express Card Member, you continue to have complimentary access to Priority Pass airport lounges worldwide.

Please also be assured we have implemented a process to ensure this error is not repeated.

Yours sincerely,

Priority Pass

CMK10 Jan 13, 2016 12:28 pm

I got the same email

nmenaker Jan 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Did anyone else get that email yesterday about JOINING priority pass? Makes one wonder if for some reason that the Priority Pass benefit might be going away? Like so many other benefits?

heyeaglefn Jan 13, 2016 1:25 pm

They sent out this email today.

On Monday, we sent you an email about becoming a Priority Pass member.

This email was sent to you by mistake, and was the result of a human error while setting up the mailing. We apologise for any concern this email may have caused and would like to assure you that your data has not been compromised in any way. As an American Express Card Member, you continue to have complimentary access to Priority Pass airport lounges worldwide.

Please also be assured we have implemented a process to ensure this error is not repeated.

Yours sincerely,

Priority Pass

iMedic Jan 13, 2016 1:28 pm

I received an email that had slightly different wording but the same overall message.

ddu Jan 13, 2016 2:02 pm

I received an email say they made a mistake in previous email which I didn't receive.