Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Is it useful to maintain list of domestic USA Priority Pass lounges in the Wikipost?
Yes, the list is useful in its present form.
20.69%
Yes, but only if the list included a link to the details of each lounge.
20.69%
No.
58.62%
Other, please reply to thread with specifics.
0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
This thread is a continuation of: US Centurion and Platinum Members receive Priority Pass Select [2011 - 2015]

The Priority Pass mobile Apps and website are useful for navigating the complicated hours, times and locations of these lounges.

There are Priority Pass lounges at these USA airports. (Centurion Lounges are also listed for convenience, but do not accept Priority Pass):
  • Anchorage
  • AtlantaThe Club at ATL - Concourse F, Airside, Upper Level. 06:00-21:30 Daily (Accessible from any gate via Plane Train)
  • Baltimore: Chesapeake Club Lounge, International Terminal E. Hours Vary, Check PP App. (International Departures Only, Domestic See Below for Airspace)
  • Boston (2)
  • Chicago (ORD)(2): Terminal 5 Only - Air France VIP Lounge. 09:00-20:00 Daily.
  • Cincinnati (CVG)
  • Cleveland (CLE): The Club CLE (opening September in Concourse B)
  • Colorado Springs
  • Dallas (DFW): Accessible from Any Terminal via SkyLinkThe Club at DFW - Terminal D. Hours: 07:30-19:30 Daily
    AMEX Centurion Lounge Also Available at Concourse D. (See Below)
  • Honolulu (2)
  • Houston (2)Terminal D: KLM Crown Lounge. Hours: 06:00 - 22:00 daily. Near gate D8.
    Terminal D: Air France Lounge. Hours: 12:00 - 20:00 daily. Near gate D12.
  • Las Vegas (2):Terminal 1: The Club at LAS. Hours: 06:00-02:00 Daily.
    Terminal 3: The Club at LAS. Hours: 08:00-00:00 Daily. Across from Gate E2
    AMEX Centurion Lounge Also Available at Concourse D.
  • Los Angeles (5):Terminal 2: Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge. Hours: 05:00-10:00 & 13:00-23:00 daily
    Terminal 2: Air France Business Class Lounge. Hours: 10:00-19:00 Monday, 10:00-20:30 Tuesday & Wednesday. 10:00-23:00 Thursday-Saturday. 10:00-22:00 Sunday.
    Terminal 3: The Virgin America Loft. Hours: 06:00-23:30 Daily.
    Terminal 6: Alaska Airlines Board Room. Hours: 05:00-22:00 Daily.
    Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT): KAL Lounge (Airside) - Hours: 08:00-00:00, Monday, Wednesday & Friday. 08:00-16:00, 19:00-00:00 Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday. (Closed for cleaning besides those hours). Have a pour your own bar, finger sandwiches and other light snacks.
  • Miami (3):Concourse D: Centurion Lounge (see below)
    Concourse F: Club America
    Concourse J: Avianca VIP Lounge
    Concourse J: VIP Lounge Miami
  • Minneapolis/St.Paul
  • Newark
  • New York JFK (2):Terminal 1: KAL Business Lounge. Hours: 14:30-20:30 Daily.
    Terminal 1: Air France - KLM Lounge. Opening Hours: 06:00 - 02:00 Daily.
    Terminal 4: Wingtips Lounge. 24 Hr Access Daily.
    See below for Terminal 5 Airspace Lounge
  • New York LGA:Central Terminal - Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge:Landside, Before Security, Concourse A, Level 3. Hours: 05:15-20:30 Daily.
    See below for AMEX Centurion Lounge
  • Orlando (MCO)The Club at MCO - Near gate 91. 06:00-21:00 Daily (Accessible from gates 70-129)
  • Phoenix: Terminal 4, The Club at PHX. Hours: 08:00 - 15:30 daily (30 Mar - 24 Oct). 08:00 - 17:30 daily (25 Oct - 29 Mar).
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) - The Club PIT - Concourse C, near the central Air Mall.
  • Portland
  • Sanford
  • San Francisco (International Terminal, flights departing from Concourse A only)
  • San Jose (SJC)The Club at SJC - Near gate A15. 05:00-22:00 Daily (Accessible from all gates post security in both terminals A and B)
  • Seattle (4):Concourse A: The Club
    Concourse B: Centurion Studio
    Concourse D: Alaska Airlines Board Room - Near D1
    South Satellite: The Club
    North Satellite: Alaska Airlines Board Room - Between N1 & N2
  • Washington IAD:Concourse A: Air France - KLM Lounge. HOURS: 7:00 - 22:00 daily, but may shutdown after AF departure. Opposite Gate A22. Showers may not be available until 8:00; New Restriction July 2017: As per the Priority Pass Website, Cardholders will not be admitted into the lounge between 14:30 - 22:00 . (Check the Priority Pass website, as AF in the past has been less restrictive in the off-season). Sky Team Elite Plus on an international itinerary have access to the lounge whether flying AF or other Sky Team carrier. AF will sometimes admit Delta Sky Club members during their restricted time if they have space.
    Concourse B: Turkish Airlines Lounge near Gate 43; Hours: 6:00-23:00 daily
    Concourse B: British Airways Galleries Lounge. STRICT HOURS: 07:00-14:00 Daily. Take train to Concourse B and go up to Concourse Level. (Outside of these hours, OneWorld Sapphire and Emerald members may have access depending on OneWorld Airline and Itinerary.)

With AF and BA restrictions, it appears that Turkish Airlines is the IAD lounge for travelers needing afternoon or evening access with a Priority Pass.

AMEX Platinum Cardholders Can Also Access: (See This Thread for More info)
The AMEX Centurion Lounge:
Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW)
Denver (DEN) - Terminal C
Hong Kong (HKG)
Houston-Bush (IAH) - Terminal 4
Las Vegas (LAS)
Miami (MIA)
New York LaGuardia (LGA) - Main Terminal
Philadelphia (PHL)
San Francisco (SFO) - Terminal 3
Seattle (SEA)

Airspace Lounges:
New York (JFK) - Terminal 5.
Cleveland (CLE) - Post security, Main Terminal just before the B Concourses
Baltimore (BWI) - Concourse D, post-security, near gate D10. Also accessible to other concourses by presenting a same-day BWI boarding pass to Concourse D security.
San Diego (SAN) - Terminal 2, post-security, between the Terminal 2 East security checkpoint and bridge to Terminal 2 West (between gates 23 and 33)

Escape Lounges:
Cincinnati (CVG) - Gate 1
Hartford (BDL) - Located across from Gate 1
Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) - T1, Mezzanine Level of Mall Area above Concourse E
Oakland (OAK) - T1, across from Gate 9, between Gates 8 and 8A
Providence (PVD) - near gate 18
Reno/Tahoe (RNO) - Opening 12/15/17 at the entrance of the concourse just up the escalators from the TSA.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion and Platinum Priority Pass benefit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by NYTA
If the lounge was really amazing I'd consider it (like the TK lounge at IST) but hardly worth $50 to not have a place to sit and to eat mediocre food.
What do you think it is worth, on average?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
If the lounge was really amazing I'd consider it (like the TK lounge at IST) but hardly worth $50 to not have a place to sit and to eat mediocre food.
So you'd rather pay $450 a year for CSR and the accompanying PP just to avoid paying a one time fee of $50 to bring in your second child?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Statman
So you'd rather pay $450 a year for CSR and the accompanying PP just to avoid paying a one time fee of $50 to bring in your second child?
He's not complaining about the base rate, but the additional expense. Meaning with CSR he's have to pay $450, but with AMEX he'd have to pay $550 plus additional guest pass every time he goes to lounge. He's complaining about the "plus" part. $450 here is irrelevant.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by mia
If your American Express card is issued in the USA you may now bring two guests at no additional charge. This changed a few months back.
Centurion card holders do not have a limit on how many guests they can bring in to a PP lounge. The change was only for Plat card holders.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Centurion card holders do not have a limit on how many guests they can bring in to a PP lounge. The change was only for Plat card holders.
And the AF is only $2050 more than the CSR... Did you forget the poster was disuaded from entering the lounge because he would have to pay $17 for each guest?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by kb9522
What do you think it is worth, on average?
Can't speak for NYTA but I think that the Centurion lounge provides decent ancillary value but not on a pay-per-use basis. As AMEX rolls out the network and busier airports get possibly 2 or more lounges, it may be a different story but the cramped conditions especially during peak times are a turn-off for me.

For what it's worth, I value the Priority Pass at $0 which means I may use it once or twice per year but it will not be any factor at all whether or not I decide to renew the card that sponsors that feature. It could be me and the places to which I go are not in the sweet spot for that program but it is underwhelming to say the least. At least in the UA club, I can handle irrops without having to wait in longer lines during the rare occasions when I encounter that.

I have no love affair with any UA lounge and I doubt seriously that I'd pay for a membership if it weren't included with my Club card although I might pay $59 to avoid the aforementioned line during irrops depending on mood if I couldn't enter on class of service absent that card.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
90% of my travel is for business, on my own and 2/3 of that is TLV to Europe, so the annual Amex fee with the $200 airline credit and priority pass is quite reasonable. My home base is TLV where I use the Priority Pass lounge a couple times a month on average and also at whatever European airport I happen to be in when I travel within or home from Europe (last week used it in TLV, DUB and BCN in the span of three days - and used my *G for the TK lounge at IST which is by far my favorite). Priority Pass is especially great when flying intra-Europe on carriers like Ryanair or Easyjet that don't have lounges. I'm typically in SFO once or twice a year with my wife and kids and that's the one time it would be nice for all four of us to use the Centurion lounge, it's not worth the $50 guest fee in my opinion. In August I guested my wife and daughter to the lounge and took my son to Burger King in the terminal to eat and everybody was happy. I could have guested my wife and daughter into the Centurion and taken my son to the UA SFO lounge but since we wanted to actually eat real food and not just cheddar cheese squares with crackers, we paid for our dinner. The UA lounge is consistently a bad joke.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Oreto
Can't speak for NYTA but I think that the Centurion lounge provides decent ancillary value but not on a pay-per-use basis. As AMEX rolls out the network and busier airports get possibly 2 or more lounges, it may be a different story but the cramped conditions especially during peak times are a turn-off for me. But

For what it's worth, I value the Priority Pass at $0 which means I may use it once or twice per year but it will not be any factor at all whether or not I decide to renew the card that sponsors that feature. It could be me and the places to which I go are not in the sweet spot for that program but it is underwhelming to say the least. At least in the UA club, I can handle irrops without having to wait in longer lines during the rare occasions when I encounter that.

I have no love affair with any UA lounge and I doubt seriously that I'd pay for a membership if it weren't included with my Club card although I might pay $59 to avoid the aforementioned line during irrops depending on mood if I couldn't enter on class of service absent that card.
Agree on all points. I think currently CLs are grossly overrated and I would not go to a US PP lounge if you paid me. I was curious as to what NYTA would be willing to pay to bring his guests in, if not $17/p. At what price do you consider pay-per-use access to a CL worth it? US PP?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:20 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kb9522
Agree on all points. I think currently CLs are grossly overrated and I would not go to a US PP lounge if you paid me. I was curious as to what NYTA would be willing to pay to bring his guests in, if not $17/p. At what price do you consider pay-per-use access to a CL worth it? US PP?
YMMV but for second (or third) tier airports like SJC and SJU with no Admiral's Club or Sky Club, I find PP quite worth it. I'm sitting in TheClub @ SJC now. I'd actually prefer to be here than in the typical Admiral's Club. And the PP lounge at SJU was a wonderful retreat from the insanity of the rest of the airport.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by stc
YMMV but for second (or third) tier airports like SJC and SJU with no Admiral's Club or Sky Club, I find PP quite worth it. I'm sitting in TheClub @ SJC now. I'd actually prefer to be here than in the typical Admiral's Club. And the PP lounge at SJU was a wonderful retreat from the insanity of the rest of the airport.
Good point, that might be a good niche for PP lounges... I've been stuck in several airports over the last few weeks with no lounges and found it annoying. Will be at a few more this week too (grrr). But when an AC, CL, or SC is available, I think I'd still rather go there.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stc
And then you have airports like AUS, that would be 2nd tier by many standards, that have zero 3rd party lounges, only an AA or UA lounge to choose from, and that airport is such a zoo since Austin has incredibly ungrown what AUS was meant to serve. Even a United Club would be a refuge from that terminal!

PP usefulness domestically is very much YMMV. Honestly I barely, if ever, use it in the US. Overseas (and Canada) use is where it comes in handy.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Denver

Timberline Steaks & Grille has joined PP note this is a Restaurant not a lounge

not the best restaurant but it is now an option in Denver

Airside - after Security, go to Concourse C and the restaurant is in the center core on the left
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Denver

Timberline Steaks & Grille has joined PP note this is a Restaurant not a lounge

not the best restaurant but it is now an option in Denver

Airside - after Security, go to Concourse C and the restaurant is in the center core on the left
I got food to go from them earlier this month. Despite the restaurant being very crowded I got my order in 20 minutes. They have a good beer selection and friendly bartenders, though the drink prices are absurdly high.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by mia
It is available, and MUST be requested by telephone.
What number do the authorized users have to call, to enroll?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
To enroll Additonal Platinum Card Members on your account, please call the number on the back of your Card.‡
https://online.americanexpress.com/u...ct=true#enroll

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.