Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Troopers
Insurance bill, get 20% back as statement credit up to $85. Valid til 11/5. Found on my BBP.

Very very nice.
Also found on BonVoy Biz card as well.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Just paid my insurance few days back is there a way to cancel and repay? Allstate won't do it.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Just paid my insurance few days back is there a way to cancel and repay? Allstate won't do it.
Well you already have the answer - your insurer would not do it. So how can you cancel it if the payee refuses? It is not like something you can return for a refund, unless you cancel the policy.

The offer is good till sometime in November. May be you can then prepay for the next period?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Insurance bill, get 20% back as statement credit up to $85. Valid til 11/5. Found on my BBP.

Very very nice.
I hope I get this. Auto insurance bill coming up. BBP = blue business plus correct?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I hope I get this. Auto insurance bill coming up. BBP = blue business plus correct?
Correct.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
TripFuel (a Priceline company) Hotel Bookings
$50 off $200 transaction x3 transactions ($150)
Expires February 8, 2020

*on Platinum

**I plan to book a week stay by booking 3 separate transactions and hopefully get the total $150

Terms:
Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for hotel bookings through www.tripfuel.com/amexoffer. Excludes all other Booking Holdings Inc. brands, such as but not limited to booking.com, priceline.com, and rocketmiles.com. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 3 statement credits (total of $150 back) per Card Member. The enrolled account must be active, in good standing and not in default to receive the statement credits. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 2/8/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GDZY:0001

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Aug 9, 2019 at 6:45 am
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M

Very very nice.
Which insurance companies is this offer valid with?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
Potentially, a bit dissapointing if that is the case. Typically market wording is spelt out pretty good.

I will update on August 12th once I get a reply.
Called AMEX (instead of online chat) to get an update, they stated that they closed the case and was not in my favor as it was processed by Stubhub Canada...even though the purchase was on StubHub USA website. They offered $50 credit and I didn't feel like wasting more time on this so took it and moved on
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
General question about offers....if you have multiple Amex's on the same online account are the offers separate as well? I just put 2 cards together (had kept them off since the site used to not let me specify which one was my main, but it does now) and when I look at each card, the number of offers is different, just like it was when they were on separate log-ins. If they are separate (and yes, I know once I activate an offer it will be removed from other cards) I'd like to put all my cards on the same online account again.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by fredc84
General question about offers....if you have multiple Amex's on the same online account are the offers separate as well?
Yes, each card seems to get it's own set of offers, even when they are all on the same login. I have two personal and three business cards and they all get different offers. Some offers are available on all cards. Some offers are just available on specific cards.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Yes, each card seems to get it's own set of offers, even when they are all on the same login. I have two personal and three business cards and they all get different offers. Some offers are available on all cards. Some offers are just available on specific cards.
Cool, thanks. It kind of looked that way, but wanted the confirmation.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
Cool, thanks. It kind of looked that way, but wanted the confirmation.
Just a FYI - even if you have same offer on multiple cards, you can use it just on one card.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by vm81
Just a FYI - even if you have same offer on multiple cards, you can use it just on one card.
Thanks...that I knew. I had ended up with multiple online accounts because of a change they made a few years ago that didn't have the option to designate a primary card. Wasn't a big deal since I use a password manager to log in. Even with separate accounts, the 'one offer per card' worked the same way. But this just makes management easier.
Plus, now I know there's a thread dedicated to Amex offers
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Progressive doesn't take AMEX -- any idea on how it might code if paid through PayPal? Trying to figure out how to use the 20% offer.

Edit: DoC data points say it worked last time, so I'm going to give it a go. Pending charge shows as Progressive with appropriate details, not as PP, so hopeful it will post properly.
808traveler likes this.

Last edited by linglingfool; Aug 19, 2019 at 8:23 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:02 pm

Does anyone else get an error "Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later." when they try to view AMEX Offers? It happens on a semi-regular basis for me and it's very annoying. I tried turning off my ad blocker but that wasn't it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.