Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Valid only at US properties once again.

Got this offer on Plat and Marriott cards.
Does a pre-paid rate for a stay after Sept 3 qualify?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Does a pre-paid rate for a stay after Sept 3 qualify?
Yes. Doesn't even have to be a prepaid stay. All that matters is that there is a $200 charge on your credit card before Sept 3. I won't do prepaid stays, however, I have written to properties asking them for a credit card authorization form so I could put a $200 deposit on a future flexible reservation. Works every time. (If the reservation is canceled, you are entitled to your money back, assuming flexible rate, and will probably lose the $40 incentive from Amex).
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Happy
The cruiseline's offers are getting better.
I haven't seen a useful one yet this year - only HAL. We cashed in on two multi-line cruise promos ("World's Leading Cruise Lines") in 2017 and three in 2018 (I think there were more prior to 2017, but Amex doesn't go back that far online).
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I haven't seen a useful one yet this year - only HAL. We cashed in on two multi-line cruise promos ("World's Leading Cruise Lines") in 2017 and three in 2018 (I think there were more prior to 2017, but Amex doesn't go back that far online).
There was a $225/$750 on Princess that expired not too long ago.

There was a $100/$500 on World's Leading Cruise Lines right before that. We used it on Diamond Princess circle Japan cruise in April.

So we have seen at least 3 offers in the Carnival Corp's lines - one good for several brands, followed by Princess specific and now a HAL specific.

In the past years there were 2 offers a year from Carnival. Very rarely see anything on RCL's lines - I dont think I have seen it the past 2 years but did see one for NCL that did not last even 3 weeks before the offer disappeared.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Quick question regarding Marriott (and other hotel) AMEX offers... is the offer only include room rate or room rate + tax? Current Marriott offer says $40 on $200. Is this referring to $200 room rate only or spend after taxes... any datapoints will be much appreciated!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Quick question regarding Marriott (and other hotel) AMEX offers... is the offer only include room rate or room rate + tax? Current Marriott offer says $40 on $200. Is this referring to $200 room rate only or spend after taxes... any datapoints will be much appreciated!
The final amount that Marriott bills to your Amex is the determining amount for the offers. Many FTers have purchased gift cards at the properties that qualified also
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
The final amount that Marriott bills to your Amex is the determining amount for the offers. Many FTers have purchased gift cards at the properties that qualified also
Didn't have any DP that gift cards qualified as well. Most of these offers have it in T&C that GC and eGC are excluded.

But thank you for answering the original question. I will go ahead and book my property.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Didn't have any DP that gift cards qualified as well. Most of these offers have it in T&C that GC and eGC are excluded.

But thank you for answering the original question. I will go ahead and book my property.
Physical Gift Cards bought at a property do trigger statement credits.

All you need is to read back a few pages. The key is you have to buy it AT A PROPERTY which then will bill you under the property's billing system. Buying on Marriott.com would NOT trigger that.

Personally did one as recent as end of May for the offer expired on June 3rd, and the DP was posted in this thread, together with many similar DPs ahead of mine over the course of past 2 or 3 such offers.

FYI. not all properties would have gift card on sale. Need to call around the properties in your area. A manager is needed to process the transaction.
carsnoceans and 808traveler like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Physical Gift Cards bought at a property do trigger statement credits.

All you need is to read back a few pages. The key is you have to buy it AT A PROPERTY which then will bill you under the property's billing system. Buying on Marriott.com would NOT trigger that.

Personally did one as recent as end of May for the offer expired on June 3rd, and the DP was posted in this thread, together with many similar DPs ahead of mine over the course of past 2 or 3 such offers.

FYI. not all properties would have gift card on sale. Need to call around the properties in your area. A manager is needed to process the transaction.
May frequent flyer gods bless you with upgrade karma!
Happy and krazykanuck like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:52 pm

Four Seasons spend $750+, get 15,000 MR points

I'm seeing the Four Seasons "spend $750+. get 15,000 MR points" offer (some have reported there is also a "get $150 back" version) on my Platinum and I have a upcoming stay before September 16 expiration. However, it's a 4 night stay, so I'm charging it to my Citi Prestige card and prepaying through the Thankyou portal (don't want to deal with concierge given all the issues reported in the 4NF thread). If I use my Platinum card for incidentals during my stay and charge $750+ to my room, that should trigger the offer upon checkout, correct?

Last edited by EmpressRouge; Jun 19, 2019 at 1:35 pm
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Yes, dining, spa, etc. charge to the room should be fine.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:03 pm

My Offers area (bottom of home page) for each card has been in error status for about 3 days now... anyone else?

Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later.
All three tabs have that (available, added to card, savings). Available and added to card tabs also indicate a '0' - this is true for 3 cards.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:27 pm

try different PC browsers, iPhone, iPad
levilevi likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
try different PC browsers, iPhone, iPad
Flushed cache, that worked, thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Any thoughts on whether the Hyatt Place/House offer will work on prepaid stays? Or does the charge need to be done at the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.