Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:03 pm

put the $300 down as a deposit at checkin to trigger the rebate.
any remaining balance refund typically won’t trigger a clawback.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
put the $300 down as a deposit at checkin to trigger the rebate.
any remaining balance refund typically won’t trigger a clawback.
Do you have data points when not meeting the net required spend did not result in a clawback? Did you wait long enough? A clawback may post well after the spend deadline has passed.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by lkar
So, I had an offer for spending $300 at a Kimpton and I had a trip coming up and it had a nice Kimpton, so I booked it. Total estimated rate, with taxes and everything, was $297. So, I bought a $4 diet coke from the minibar and asked them to put it on my bill, which the guy did. Later, when I'm at the airport, I look at my bill and apparently they gave me a credit of $4 equal to my minibar charge, as some kind of nice Kimpton minibar promotion, which is very nice and unexpected but apparently a Kimpton thing, except I didn't know about it because I don't stay at Kimptons unless I have an Amex offer.

So, anyway, I ended up $3 short and my free diet coke ended up costing me $57. Is there any solution here? I can't exactly call up the hotel and ask them to charge me another $3. There's a Kimpton near where I live. Can I spend $3 there on something or whatever and get the credit or am I just screwed?
Do you have any IHG status? If so, you likely qualified for a $10 Raid the Bar credit (automatically). I'd try spending just over $3 from the pantry at the local Kimpton on that AMEX card first. If that doesn't trigger the promotion, I'd call the original hotel to explain the promotion situation; I'm certain they'd be willing to assist you.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by robchow
Same for me; got a stay in mid-June.

Glad to see it work. I might as well try it; nothing to lose but possible gain of $50 credit.

Edit: I can't do this; my upcoming stay was booked on points. Oh well.
My stay in June is on points as well, but luckily(?) for me there was a $250 (and change) resort fee, which is what I prepaid.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Do you have any IHG status? If so, you likely qualified for a $10 Raid the Bar credit (automatically). I'd try spending just over $3 from the pantry at the local Kimpton on that AMEX card first. If that doesn't trigger the promotion, I'd call the original hotel to explain the promotion situation; I'm certain they'd be willing to assist you.
Thanks. I'll try the pantry. I hate calling people. For $60, I'll probably do it, but I have kind of been putting it off.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler
My stay in June is on points as well, but luckily(?) for me there was a $250 (and change) resort fee, which is what I prepaid.
I thought there were no resort fee on reward stays (when using points). Is your stay cash+points?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by robchow
I thought there were no resort fee on reward stays (when using points). Is your stay cash+points?
No sir, all points. Nevertheless, got a "resort charge". See attached (sorry had to erase a few things)

robchow likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
I did exactly that last month for my Hilton stay in June. I called up the hotel and asked to pre-pay $250 now by credit card. Used my amex card with the offer, got the $50 credit within 24 hours after the transaction posted.

thank you. super helpful.
808traveler likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:21 pm

Just had a new offer pop up on my personal cards: 10% back up to $20 for using AMEX card to pay for your insurance between now and July. Just switched my plat card as payment for my auto insurance.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
Just had a new offer pop up on my personal cards: 10% back up to $20 for using AMEX card to pay for your insurance between now and July. Just switched my plat card as payment for my auto insurance.
Got this offer on both my Plat card and my SPG Amex. My car/home insurance is due for renewal. Wondering if the fact that my insurance is from a Cdn company will matter. Don’t expect that anyone here knows the answer to that!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:26 pm

I have 2 offers on my amex:

1) Spend $500 or more, get $100 back at Waldorf Astoria
2) Spend $1000 or more, get $200 back at Hilton brand hotels in Hawaii

So if I stay at Grand Wailea (a Waldorf Astoria hotel in Hawaii), does that trigger both? And if I spend $1000 I would expect $300 back?

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Boringbarry
I have 2 offers on my amex:

1) Spend $500 or more, get $100 back at Waldorf Astoria
2) Spend $1000 or more, get $200 back at Hilton brand hotels in Hawaii

So if I stay at Grand Wailea (a Waldorf Astoria hotel in Hawaii), does that trigger both? And if I spend $1000 I would expect $300 back?

Thanks
yes that's correct.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I’m staying at legacy SPG properties. Pretty sure they’re going to tell me they can’t accept (or they don’t know how to process) Marriott cards. Then we can negotiate on whether I have to pay the credit card surcharge.
Anyone knows if US St Regis Properties sell Gift Cards for Marriott Bonvoy? I have the St Regis offer "Spend $500 and get $100 Back" and that would also trigger the "Marriott Bonvoy Spend $200 get $40 Back", making it a double dip @:-)

Instead of me going to the many Marriott properties around SNA to try to find just a $200 GC. I will be staying at many US Marriott properties starting in June (first check out day is June the 4th ) and would be great to take advantage of both Amex Offers.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by carlitos
Anyone knows if US St Regis Properties sell Gift Cards for Marriott Bonvoy? I have the St Regis offer "Spend $500 and get $100 Back" and that would also trigger the "Marriott Bonvoy Spend $200 get $40 Back", making it a double dip @:-)

Instead of me going to the many Marriott properties around SNA to try to find just a $200 GC. I will be staying at many US Marriott properties starting in June (first check out day is June the 4th ) and would be great to take advantage of both Amex Offers.
Try calling a few properties to find out. What surprised me is Sheraton is selling Sheraton branded gift cards. Will St R have St R cards?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:54 am

yes that's correct.
Interesting thanks. I also have a $250 credit from my aspire card, so since these are all credits, if I spend $1000 exactly I expect $100+200+250 back?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.