Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
i have that on my BBP card, but not my Marriott card unfortunately. Any idea from the past if these is a single purchase...
If the offer terms do not specifically state that the min spend must be from a single purchase, then the amount can be cumulative. You should not assume that the current offer will have identical terms to whatever was offered in the past.
808traveler likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by freeflyin
In case it helps anyone-found a Marriott portfolio offer on 2 of our cards today- 40 back on 200 spending
Has anyone had success triggering the offer with a stay out of the US?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by sds1493
If it's the same as the offer I have, the T&C specifically say "Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories" and the last time there was a similar offer I had stays both in and outside the U.S. and it only kicked in after the U.S. charge.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by Zorak
If it's the same as the offer I have, the T&C specifically say "Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories" and the last time there was a similar offer I had stays both in and outside the U.S. and it only kicked in after the U.S. charge.
I figured, however it also explicitly excludes Protea hotels which aren't found in the US, so I thought maybe this time was different. Thanks for the DP.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sds1493
I triggered the offer by buying $200 of gift cards at a US property and spending the gift card in other countries.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl

I triggered the offer by buying $200 of gift cards at a US property and spending the gift card in other countries.
Could you please share which hotel brand and in what country accepted US gift cards? Was the charge submitted in USD, or the GC had currency conversion capabilities? That could be very interesting.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You may find this thread helpful:

Experience using Marriott Gift Cards (especially overseas)

Gift card terms, including brands that do not accept them, are here:

https://gifts.marriott.com/faq.html
MaxVO and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:23 pm

Marriott $40 bonus

My promos include a $40 bonus if I spend $200 - this is the exact text of the promo:Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ on room rate and room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 3/25/19 to 6/3/19.

My question is whether it has to be a $200+ charge on one bill or is the cumulative total of all Marriott spend during the period, i.e. several stays, that counts? Also, do room taxes count or are they left out of the total?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
My promos include a $40 bonus if I spend $200 - this is the exact text of the promo:Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ on room rate and room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 3/25/19 to 6/3/19.

My question is whether it has to be a $200+ charge on one bill or is the cumulative total of all Marriott spend during the period, i.e. several stays, that counts? Also, do room taxes count or are they left out of the total?

Curious if there are any DPs on purchasing GCs that trigger the credit? I know it says they don’t, but curious what the reality is.

Thanks
TD
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Curious if there are any DPs on purchasing GCs that trigger the credit?
I suggest reading post 2495.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Curious if there are any DPs on purchasing GCs that trigger the credit? I know it says they don’t, but curious what the reality is.

Thanks
TD
bought a $200 Marriott GC at a front desk bout a week ago. Got the $40 credit within 24 hours after the purchase posted.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Could you please share which hotel brand and in what country accepted US gift cards? Was the charge submitted in USD, or the GC had currency conversion capabilities? That could be very interesting.
I used a USD gift card at a Courtyard in Canada a few months ago. The exchange rate was spot on with the XE rate. I am now hogging my gift cards for an upcoming trip to Australia. Hoping I will be able to get around the credit card surcharge that Australian hotels hit you with!
Zorak and 808traveler like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puchong
I don't see any specific language in the T&Cs this time, but on previous offers, it was always cumulative.
808traveler likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I am now hogging my gift cards for an upcoming trip to Australia. Hoping I will be able to get around the credit card surcharge that Australian hotels hit you with!
LOL that's my plan too for OzFest
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
LOL that's my plan too for OzFest
I’m staying at legacy SPG properties. Pretty sure they’re going to tell me they can’t accept (or they don’t know how to process) Marriott cards. Then we can negotiate on whether I have to pay the credit card surcharge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.