Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:12 pm

I just recently got the Starwood American Express business card but have noticed over the last couple of months that many Starwood/Marriott offers don't pop up on my Starwood card but it does show up for my Plat or Everyday card. Is this a common occurrence and possibly intentional? For instance, the new St. Regis offer doesn't come up on my Starwood but it does appear on my Plat and Everyday.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by rccsd
I just recently got the Starwood American Express business card but have noticed over the last couple of months that many Starwood/Marriott offers don't pop up on my Starwood card but it does show up for my Plat or Everyday card. Is this a common occurrence and possibly intentional? For instance, the new St. Regis offer doesn't come up on my Starwood but it does appear on my Plat and Everyday.
I believe it's intentional. I always get Hilton or Marriott/Starwood offers on my Plat/Gold cards, never on the Hilton or Starwood co-branded cards.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Offers is an advertising program. If you have a hotel or airline co-branded credit card you also have the corresponding hotel or airline program membership. If the program wants to offer you an inducement to generate extra business they can do it directly through the program, and don't need to buy an Offer from American Express.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:36 pm

I actually received (and used ^) a "double-dipping" offer on my SPG Personal card as I remember getting the $60 back on $300 spend at Marriott that came out last fall. Not sure if that was a fluke due to the credit card side of SPG/Marriott not being fully integrated, but I guess it can happen.
mia likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by halamadrid
I actually received (and used ^) a "double-dipping" offer on my SPG Personal card as I remember getting the $60 back on $300 spend at Marriott that came out last fall. Not sure if that was a fluke due to the credit card side of SPG/Marriott not being fully integrated, but I guess it can happen.
I've recently had offers for both specific SPG and Marriott property types ($40 off $200 at Four Points, $40 off $200 at Courtyard, etc.) as well as the "family" ones ($60 of $300 Marriott-wide) on my SPG cards, and I'm pretty sure I had $60 off $300 SPG-wide at one point also. Granted, they were the only AMEXes I had at the time will see if the trend continues now that I just opened a non-SPG AMEX...
mia likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rccsd
Originally Posted by fennter
I believe it's intentional. I always get Hilton or Marriott/Starwood offers on my Plat/Gold cards, never on the Hilton or Starwood co-branded cards.
Actually, it's probably not because of which cards they are, but what you've used them for "recently enough".

I have gotten Hilton offers on my Hilton Ascend->Aspire card, but only after many months of not using that card for any HH stays (because I didn't' have any HH stays for about half a year).

Amex doesn't tend to give you specific offers on a card which you've used for the merchant / category (which that offers is for) "too recently". (And, no, I do not have a more precise definition of "too recently", sorry.)

So if you want Hilton Honors properties offers on your Hilton Honors card, you probably have to stop using your Hilton Honors card for Hilton Honors stays for a while, and if you want Marriott Bonvoy properties offers on your (SPG about to be renamed to) Marriott Bonvoy card, you probably have to stop using your Marriott Bonvoy card for Marriott Bonvoy stays for a while.
Happy likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Guys, question. I've got a Loews Hotel Spend $350, get $70 offer on one of my cards. The offer expires before my stay though so I'm considering doing the advance purchase on Loews site. Anyone know or have experience with whether that will trigger the credit?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Actually, it's probably not because of which cards they are, but what you've used them for "recently enough".

I have gotten Hilton offers on my Hilton Ascend->Aspire card, but only after many months of not using that card for any HH stays (because I didn't' have any HH stays for about half a year).

Amex doesn't tend to give you specific offers on a card which you've used for the merchant / category (which that offers is for) "too recently". (And, no, I do not have a more precise definition of "too recently", sorry.)

So if you want Hilton Honors properties offers on your Hilton Honors card, you probably have to stop using your Hilton Honors card for Hilton Honors stays for a while, and if you want Marriott Bonvoy properties offers on your (SPG about to be renamed to) Marriott Bonvoy card, you probably have to stop using your Marriott Bonvoy card for Marriott Bonvoy stays for a while.
i have the same experience, used my plat for hilton stays when all the offers were floating around and didn't use my ascend for almost 10 months. got a spend bonus and 3 hilton offers between october and december last year. it helps to sock drawer a card every so often haha
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:08 pm

anyone know what will happen if i make a refund on a sync offer and then repurchase it again? will the offer reapply to the new purchase or will it have already have been considered used after the first time and they take back the credit after the refund?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evor1
anyone know what will happen if i make a refund on a sync offer and then repurchase it again? will the offer reapply to the new purchase or will it have already have been considered used after the first time and they take back the credit after the refund?
Yes, AMEX takes back the credit but it is not lost, i.e. you can reuse it before the expiry.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Not a fan of the wording "Hilton brand hotels"; however, in the past if they have meant that very specific brand within the chain, there has been a terms and conditions statement specifically excluding all of their other brands as eligible. Here that is missing, so I'd infer that it means all of the brands as long as one gets Hilton credit for the stay(s).
-------------------------------------------
Spend $1,000 or more, get $200 back

Hilton brand hotels in Hawaii

EXPIRES

6/30/2019
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:47 pm

The offers have really went downhill...1800flowers,abcmouse, advance auto parts, sunglass hut,...how are these platinum brands?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Brian Chen
The offers have really went downhill...1800flowers,abcmouse, advance auto parts, sunglass hut,...how are these platinum brands?
The secret to getting a Centurion invite must be spending a few hundred thousand at Teleflora, based on what I've been seeing on my Platinum. To be fair, I did use 1800Flowers to send roses to my wife since I was stuck working at the office on Valentine's day.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
It takes a bit for the high end retailers to digest the poor Q4 2018 numbers to start getting the budgets going for 2019.

I did see Salvatore Ferragamo (non-outlet) show up very recently. I see St. Regis is still active and Turo showed up (great for very high end rentals). These are offers I see on a non-AF AmEx card.

I still believe the nearby option on the app when you are traveling is very important especially if you are near a high-end shopping district, and I try to have diverse spending on my card. If you haven't had a charge from a department store, it may limit a number of lifestyle luxury brands matching your offer criteria.

Even though AmEx also takes offers from Cardlytics (which powers the BofA and Chase programs), I still see way more high end offers than those cards offer. I do agree it goes through cycles of great offers to so so stuff. I still have no hope of getting rid of all the winery offers which seem to endlessly renew.
mia and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:14 pm

Saw there is an Uber offer - spend $15 for $10 statement credit. Any thoughts on whether you can purchase Uber Cash and get the statement credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.