Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Spend $175 or more, get $40 back

Hampton by Hilton & Hilton Garden Inn

EXPIRES

1/31/2019
of course, the day i check out of a hampton inn it drops haha
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by cplush
of course, the day i check out of a hampton inn it drops haha
if it makes you feel any better I have a non-qualifying advance purchase Hilton Garden Inn stay coming up.
cplush likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
How to get travel-related offers on my MR cards?

I get lots of enticing travel offers on my Hilton Honors card - but not on my Biz Platinum and Blue for Business cards, where the offers would be more valuable. Is there any way of juicing things to get offers on the MR cards?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Explore
I get lots of enticing travel offers....
Offers is an advertising program. The merchant buys access to cardholders who meet their criteria (including the card type). The exception would be the generic "category" offers that do not mention a specific brand. Those are selected by American Express.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spend $175 or more, get $40 back

Hampton by Hilton & Hilton Garden InnEXPIRES

1/31/2019
On the DoC site, someone posted the T&Cs of the offer, and those T&Cs seem to claim that booking through hamptoninn.com or hiltongardeninn.com (or the Hilton app, or the Hilton toll free number) was necessary. Really? So booking through your Hilton Honors account site or the Hilton MVP discount site (which are Hilton Honors program sites, rather than brand-specific sites) wouldn't work???
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
On the DoC site, someone posted the T&Cs of the offer, and those T&Cs seem to claim that booking through hamptoninn.com or hiltongardeninn.com (or the Hilton app, or the Hilton toll free number) was necessary. Really? So booking through your Hilton Honors account site or the Hilton MVP discount site (which are Hilton Honors program sites, rather than brand-specific sites) wouldn't work???
I almost always book my stays through the app, but I believe the intent is that any Hilton channel should be fine. No 3rd party!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Pay the bill for your friends and family and ask them to pay for you next month or so.
Believe it or not I'm the only person I know that does not bundle ATT wireless with Direct TV/UVerse/landline so it won't work for any of them. The only option left seem to be complete NEXT payoff or partial NEXT payoff for early upgrade. I'm reading phone payments to bypass the $300 overpayment limit do not trigger the offer at all...
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:48 am

Viator - Spend $150, get 3,000 MR expires 02/04/19.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:54 am

if it makes you feel any better I have a non-qualifying advance purchase Hilton Garden Inn stay coming up.
Turns out the hampton offer was applied today for my stay ending dec 5th. thought the offer had to be loaded when the initial charge went through but i guess not.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:27 am

I took advantage of the $5 off a $15 purchase at Samsclub.com offer on my PRG card. I purchased a $20 gift card. It turned out the be a real ordeal. You have to activate a Sam's Club gift card using an activation code emailed separately. I had done this before, and was expecting it, but it never arrived. That started me on a journey of frustration that far outweighed the $5 savings. The customer service desk at Sam's Club could do nothing more for me than verify that the card was not activated. I was told to call the Customer Service center. I spoke to a young man who put me on hold 3 times as he spoke his supervisor. Then he told me that his department did not deal with money issues of any kind and another customer rep. would be contacting me either by phone or email within the next 2 days. I received an email the next day requesting more information: A photo of the front and back of the card, my Sam's Club membership number and the order number of the purchase. After all of that, the card was activated by that particular department.

Just a sad story of what can happen when the process breaks down somewhere along the way.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Bellacricket
I took advantage of the $5 off a $15 purchase at Samsclub.com offer on my PRG card. I purchased a $20 gift card. It turned out the be a real ordeal. You have to activate a Sam's Club gift card using an activation code emailed separately. I had done this before, and was expecting it, but it never arrived. That started me on a journey of frustration that far outweighed the $5 savings. The customer service desk at Sam's Club could do nothing more for me than verify that the card was not activated. I was told to call the Customer Service center. I spoke to a young man who put me on hold 3 times as he spoke his supervisor. Then he told me that his department did not deal with money issues of any kind and another customer rep. would be contacting me either by phone or email within the next 2 days. I received an email the next day requesting more information: A photo of the front and back of the card, my Sam's Club membership number and the order number of the purchase. After all of that, the card was activated by that particular department.

Just a sad story of what can happen when the process breaks down somewhere along the way.
I had a similar experience with a $10 off $50 promo. It took me 8 attempts to find someone who could activate my gift card. I have read (on other forums) of others having difficulty getting Sam's Club gift cards activated. So, now we know never to buy their gift cards online again.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hotels just have to be charged by the actual hotel itself
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:45 am

Considered using the offer for grocery.walmart.com, $5/$25 -- then discovered it may not be worth the trouble after all. First, the minimum order size is $30. Second, all items I would consider ordering sight unseen were priced higher than the promos available at local supermarkets. So on balance, this is not an attractive offer at all.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
I had a similar experience with a $10 off $50 promo. It took me 8 attempts to find someone who could activate my gift card. I have read (on other forums) of others having difficulty getting Sam's Club gift cards activated. So, now we know never to buy their gift cards online again.
Haha. I had such hard time 2 years ago to get those Sam's Club GCs activated that even the $15/$30 offer a few months ago did not tempt me a single bit.
It is totally NOT worth the hassle to deal with Sam's Club GCs - even purchased at the store, it is a nightmare to check balance online or by phone. It would ask you WalMart GC info which has a completely different set up than Sam's.
NEVER again.
T. Sanderson likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Considered using the offer for grocery.walmart.com, $5/$25 -- then discovered it may not be worth the trouble after all. First, the minimum order size is $30. Second, all items I would consider ordering sight unseen were priced higher than the promos available at local supermarkets. So on balance, this is not an attractive offer at all.
I always wonder what kind of grocery store items people are willing to buy sight unseen.
Also if one pays attention to the weekly promos of the local supermarkets, there really has no advantage to shop online for the mundane, day to day used grocery / household items. Often the weekly promo be it from supermarket or drug stores (CVS and Walgreens) would beat any prices found online. Unless one lives in a semi rural area or very lazy to go shopping, I dont see any advantage. Yet, this seems the next battlefield that every big retailer fights for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.