Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bidu
Added ATT Business spend $150 get 5000 points offer to my PRG.
made payment thru att apps and website, posted as “AT T PHONE PAYMENT 800 288 2020” but didnt get amex offer email. Waited a week and still no points posted. Anyone has similar situation?
My Offer (and I believe the only AT&T specific offer) was specific to AT&T Wireless (ONLY) charges...and despite making a payment through the App for my Uverse services, the offer still did not apply to those specific type of charges from ATT
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
For the most recent offers of $200 off $200 and $50 off $150 up to x3 when you pay your bill at http://att.com/smallbusiness expiring Dec 7, 2018, has anyone seen their credit post?

Just made a payment and it shows up as AT T PHONE PAYMENT 800-288-202 along with congrats e-mail, but concerned if these actually post for personal wireless lines...
Originally Posted by lax01
My Offer (and I believe the only AT&T specific offer) was specific to AT&T Wireless (ONLY) charges...and despite making a payment through the App for my Uverse services, the offer still did not apply to those specific type of charges from ATT
My AT&T landline didn't credit either using website or mobile app.
lax01 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
What happens if I get an offer on two cards but one is for points and 1 is for cash.
You can add them both. They're considered different offers and don't run afoul of the "limit one enrolled card per card member" rule. I've done this before many times with success.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:27 pm

Has anyone else noticed their Amex Offers maxing out at 100? There are a lot that I don't want to commit to a particular card but keep hearing about other great offers but they don't appear on any of my card (Plat, Pref, Hilton, Starwood).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
25K points for $1000 Crystal cruises
$100 for $500 Carnival, Holland, Princess, Seabourn, Cunard cruises
Thanks for finding this.
Sadly this also has the one offer across all AMEX channel language attached.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by rccsd
Has anyone else noticed their Amex Offers maxing out at 100? There are a lot that I don't want to commit to a particular card but keep hearing about other great offers but they don't appear on any of my card (Plat, Pref, Hilton, Starwood).
Simply add offers to card to generate more/new offers. Currently, I have 44 offers added to card (most unwanted) and 98 available offers.
sdsearch and margarita girl like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
If you see this problem on available, you definitely need to add some offers. Maybe add the ones that expire the soonest if you don't care about them. You want to keep space for at least 10+ new offers to show as available. The Marriott cluster was 4 or 5 alone. I can assure you that if there is an offer that you don't use and the merchant renews it, you will get it offered again even if you added it before. As we know, only "used" offers where the merchant does not allow a use more than once will not be offered again.

On the added side, this is not true, but there is some weird unfixed bug where they limit the retrieve to 100. You might have more added to the card, it is just hard to get them displayed (or reminded). Thankfully, this is not so common, but it happens for about 2-3 months of the year for me. And I still don't add a bunch of useless offers I would never use, but I tend to have 20-30 available, not 100.

Also, don't forget to look for Nearby offers on the app when you are traveling. You would otherwise never get these offered proactively. I was able to add Cheddar (now part of Darden) from the map view - but that is not a chain in my home market.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:53 pm

I'll give it a shot and report back
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:43 am

Is there actually a downside to committing an offer to a card? The whole thing seems like a silly, but fun, game that Amex likes to play. Theoretically they could just load up all the cards with these offers and then send an update email with what's out there or post online as they do now. The whole notion of "adding" an offer to a card seems to me purely gameification.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:54 am

The only downside that I see is that I have multiple cards and don't necessarily want to commit to adding it to one card before it's offered on another. For instance, I get Hilton offers on my Plat card but they haven't showed up yet for my Hilton card. I'm hoping that it will get added to my Hilton card but it definitely won't if I add it to my Plat card. About 1/2 the time, if I wait, it shows up on the card I actually want to add it to.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:08 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
....The whole notion of "adding" an offer to a card seems to me purely gameification.
Offers is an advertising program. The merchants pay to be included, their objectives and budget determine how widely an Offer is made. Adding an Offer indicates that you read it, and this provides some (smaller) value to the merchant, even if you do not make a purchase.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
can someone tell me if paying through paypal triggers an Amex offer?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
can someone tell me if paying through paypal triggers an Amex offer?
I'd assume that it doesn't unless you hear that it always does.

Paypal purchases from ACME ONLINE come through as something like PAYPAL***ACME ONLINE

Meanwhile, Amex is declining 4x (on the refreshed Gold card) for restaurants using Square, and guess what: Square purchases from ACME DINER comes through as something like SQUARE***ACME DINER.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'd assume that it doesn't unless you hear that it always does.

Paypal purchases from ACME ONLINE come through as something like PAYPAL***ACME ONLINE

Meanwhile, Amex is declining 4x (on the refreshed Gold card) for restaurants using Square, and guess what: Square purchases from ACME DINER comes through as something like SQUARE***ACME DINER.
Paypal offers i can understand but declining 4x is not good when there are cards which give us bonus just for using digital payments.May be a glitch.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
For the most recent offers of $200 off $200 and $50 off $150 up to x3 when you pay your bill at http://att.com/smallbusiness expiring Dec 7, 2018, has anyone seen their credit post?

Just made a payment and it shows up as AT T PHONE PAYMENT 800-288-202 along with congrats e-mail, but concerned if these actually post for personal wireless lines...
I got the credits ($50 x 3) on payments to my personal wireless line (payment made through the att reglar website - not using the link in post). Same with the 5,000 x 3 MR offer.
levilevi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.