Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

Fair point. Ultimately I value CSR UR more and I get 4th night free with Citi. Not going to bother with $60 off Marriott when I have to fight for it and get only 1 MR/$ spent there.

My main complaint was more that the value of the rebate is far reduced when you must spend an hour on chat and then follow up twice to get the credit or points.
I couldnt agree more with you. Its been a pain to deal with AmEx. While I havent had any issue with AmEx offers in sometime - I made a mistake of upgrading one of my cards in May and am still waiting for upgrade points to post. Repeated calls to AmEx lead me no where. "We are not sure why you havent gotten the points, we see the offers and you met all the terms. Let me escalate and will get back to you in 7 days." This has been going on for 2 months. I dont even value those upgrade points anywhere close to the time I have spent on this - but its just the matter that this was the part of the deal with them - upgrade and spend so much money and you will get the points. I did that but now AmEx is not living upto their side of the deal. And there was no MS on that card.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by vm81
I couldnt agree more with you. Its been a pain to deal with AmEx. While I havent had any issue with AmEx offers in sometime - I made a mistake of upgrading one of my cards in May and am still waiting for upgrade points to post. Repeated calls to AmEx lead me no where. "We are not sure why you havent gotten the points, we see the offers and you met all the terms. Let me escalate and will get back to you in 7 days." This has been going on for 2 months. I dont even value those upgrade points anywhere close to the time I have spent on this - but its just the matter that this was the part of the deal with them - upgrade and spend so much money and you will get the points. I did that but now AmEx is not living upto their side of the deal. And there was no MS on that card.
Ditto. I have been dealing with a missing Hilton weekend nite cert for over 3-4 months. It was a signup offer on HH Surpass.... even the stupid card doesn't exist anymore but AMEX has been a huge pain.

On the topic of AMEX Offers... would it help in adding same offer across different cards if they had different online accounts? Has anyone tested to see if it works?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans

On the topic of AMEX Offers... would it help in adding same offer across different cards if they had different online accounts? Has anyone tested to see if it works?
It used to work. American Express recently changed their software to detect this and enforce one offer per person.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by mia
It used to work. American Express recently changed their software to detect this and enforce one offer per person.
Always to the point. Thanks again mia!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Currently I have the AMEX personal Platinum card. I have been able to make use of several MR Offers the past couple of years. I also have the AMEX SPG personal card, and previously the AMEX Delta Plat personal card. The quantity and quality of the AMEX Offers I received were much better for my AMEX Plat card.

I am interested in the new version of the AMEX Gold personal card. For those who have the PRG or have the new Gold card, while also having the Plat card, have you noticed a difference in the quality and quantity of AMEX Offers between the AMEX Plat card and the Gold card?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I have $150+ get $50 back on card 1 and $150+ get 5k MR on 2 other cards (one is AU card). So far, paid $150+ on card 1 and got $50 credit 3-4 days later. I also paid $150+ on card 2, got the confirm email but so far no 5K points - that was a week ago.
Update: 5K MR points posted to my account today - it took approximately 2 weeks.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:05 pm

Thumbs up

Update: 5K MR points posted to my account today.
Same here. This was my third payment of $150 and now all 15,000 points have posted to my account for the at&t offer. First two credits came through quite quickly (within a couple of days of the payment posting), but the last one took 2+ weeks and a couple of online chats before posting.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: 5K MR points posted to my account today - it took approximately 2 weeks.
Did you "pester" them (online chat, call, etc) during those 2 weeks, or did you just wait and it eventually posted automatically? Thanks.

I'm now at 1.6 weeks waiting on a spend $250+ earn 7500 bonus MR points offer at John Varvatos. I not only got the email, but as soon as the statement posted the offer disappeared from "Added to Card", which implied that I had used it up. I have not yet contacted Amex about it not posting.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did you "pester" them (online chat, call, etc) during those 2 weeks, or did you just wait and it eventually posted automatically? Thanks.

I'm now at 1.6 weeks waiting on a spend $250+ earn 7500 bonus MR points offer at John Varvatos. I not only got the email, but as soon as the statement posted the offer disappeared from "Added to Card", which implied that I had used it up. I have not yet contacted Amex about it not posting.
No. I decided to wait and not call. Recently, points on two other offers posted within a few days after meeting the spend 1) on Amex Biz gold card (spend $500 at restaurants and get 2k MR points) and 2) spend $50 Amazon get 2k points. These were accomplished around the same time as this AT&T promo. I’m not sure why this one was delayed.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
My Everyday card has "Get one additional Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend at Saks.com" but not my Platinum. Do I get it? Yes. Will I grumble about it anyway? Also yes.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch

I did pester. For one offer, they had to “research” and I got the $ credit 6 weeks later. They said merchant wasn’t coded correctly. It was a Sheraton for an SPG offer. For second (also disappeared from Added to Card) they said it would post soon. And it did. About two weeks after purchase.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Oct 12, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:04 am

Any recent DPs of GCs working for Ritz and Neiman Marcus offers? Terms state no GC, but I know that's not always enforced.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:43 am

My $15 Lyft credit posted the other day; the offer was fulfilled with a combination of Apple Pay and direct charges. At least for this offer, Apple Pay charges counted.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question on the 2x membership reward point earning offer Best Buy online, on the Business Plus card -

Does this mean it will be a total of 3 pts?2X PointsBestBuy.com
RETAIL//Get one additional Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend
EXPIRES10/31/2018Use shift enter key to know more about this offer

Saved to Card - xxxxx

REDEEM WITH THIS CARD
Redeem nowOFFER DETAILSGet 1 additional Membership Rewards point per dollar spent on purchases made using your eligible, enrolled Card online at BestBuy.com by 10/31/2018. See below for terms, eligibility and exclusions.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Does this mean it will be a total of 3 pts?....OFFER DETAILSGet 1 additional Membership Rewards point per dollar....
Yes. As explained in the offer details, "2X" means one more point per dollar than your card would otherwise earn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.